Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Oxford Supermoto fun.

Oxford Supermoto fun.

My friend Matt and I had been kicking around the idea all year of making a track around his house. Just something easy to go kick around. Well a few weeks ago Matt decided to 'git busy' on the track and they started clearing out the woods and laying it out.

Turns out there is approximately 120000 boulders in the ground so over the last few weeks we've all been slowing working on it. Still has a LONG way to go but it's definately fun. The track utilizes both of their driveways and the woods in between the houses. It can be run in both directions as well. My god it's SO MUCH FUN to rip! I can't wait until next spring when we can really groom/shape the track and put some jumps and berms in! braap.

Well with the weather today who wouldn't be out riding? Amanda (my g/f) and I headed over to Oxford to meet up with my friends (and teammates) Matt and Erasmo, who just so happen to be next door neighbors. After digging rocks out for a bit (always fun) we rode for a few hours. It was crazy muddy but whatever, super fun. Best part of the day was Matt 'discovering' the Driveway Jump and myself doing some long ass (and fast) slides into the turn at the end of the straight.

TT-R's are such a fun bike. You'd be surprised how fast you can go Can't wait to do my suspension up some.

View all pics HERE

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Boston --> San Diego

Oxford Supermoto fun.

haha- looks awesome-
    where is this? Oxford? what state?

Oxford Supermoto fun.

I have something similar but no pavement its a woods o cross track. goes around the perimeter of my property then snakes back and forth in the corner of the woods, has a couple of log crossings a couple bermed corners a few bermed up hills and 3 small jumps. I don't really remember but I think 1 full lap is 1/2 a mile.

Its just enough to blow off some steam after work with out doing a full day of riding. Its really tight so arm pump sets in quick especially on a full sized dirt bike . It would be the perfedt size for a 70 or 100cc.

12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650
    09 Yamaha WR450F (street legal)

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    08 Yamaha WR250F(street legal )
    09 KLR650

Oxford Supermoto fun.

Originally posted by theothersean
    Its really tight so arm pump sets in quick especially on a full sized dirt bike . It would be the perfedt size for a 70 or 100cc.
    That would be a killer fiddy track, especially with a little time sharpening up those jumps
    I think I was good for 2 laps on that track with the quad before I couldn't breath anymore it's toight

Yamaha

Oxford Supermoto fun.

You peeps are starting ta give me bad Ideas. I have a few acres I could play on and then some. Hmmmmmmmmmm

Wayne-o

Life is a challenge. You can take the risk and experience it, or sit back and watch it go by. I choose to experience it. (W.L.Heath)

Fear is the incubated subjective perception of the inevitable.

Oxford Supermoto fun.

I have only 2.8 acres and of that only about a 1/4 to 1/2 and acre is actually woods. You would be suprised what you can do with a little patch of woods. Granted you have to repeat laps but if you make it tight enough it will sharpen your skills and keep you in shape. Not to mention its fun. All you really need is a weed wacker and a pair of pruining sheers and maybe a small saw for the bigger branches. The land scape will dictate the layout I left all live trees standing had to trim out a few seedlings and some branches. I left most of the rocks in place to keep it interesting.

12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650
    09 Yamaha WR450F (street legal)

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    08 Yamaha WR250F(street legal )
    09 KLR650

Oxford Supermoto fun.

Originally posted by theothersean
    I have only 2.8 acres and of that only about a 1/4 to 1/2 and acre is actually woods. You would be suprised what you can do with a little patch of woods. Granted you have to repeat laps but if you make it tight enough it will sharpen your skills and keep you in shape. Not to mention its fun. All you really need is a weed wacker and a pair of pruining sheers and maybe a small saw for the bigger branches. The land scape will dictate the layout I left all live trees standing had to trim out a few seedlings and some branches. I left most of the rocks in place to keep it interesting.

I think I'm gonna take a walk down back and give a look this weekend.

Wayne-o

Life is a challenge. You can take the risk and experience it, or sit back and watch it go by. I choose to experience it. (W.L.Heath)

Fear is the incubated subjective perception of the inevitable.

Oxford Supermoto fun.

Oxford Maddychusetters.

I spent 2.5 hours working on the track today building up two jumps and removing a few more bloody boulders.

This track is friggin tough. It's tight and so rocky/bumpy that you are getting beat up the whole time. Talk about building up the forearm muscles.

Problem with the land around there is that there is NO topsoil. I was trying to dig some dirt out of the ground today to fill in holes (from pulling out boulders) and there is less than 1" of dirt before you hit rocks, everywhere, it's INSANE. We are going to truck in some loads of dirt in the spring and groom it up a bit.

Great stuff.

Boston --> San Diego

Oxford Supermoto fun.

Alex- I'm 10 minutes from Oxford.
    My grandparents still live there.

cool shit!