Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Any tracks open?

Any tracks open?

Any tracks open this weekend in or near mass? Looking to get a little riding in and it would be my first time at the dirt track.

Otherwise will look to do a street ride, anyone in for either?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Jewcati; 04-17-18 at 03:54 PM.

Re: Any tracks open?

Looks like crow hill is open if anyone is interested on Saturday

Wareham and MX23 are also open for the season ... no running bike here yet + Gilette SX this Sat

Beta 200RR

Lifer

I just went to Tiverton RI Mx691 last weekend for the second time. Not as big a place as Crow Hill - I'd guess MX guys might call it a practice track? On the plus side, seems like a good track if you're new-ish. Not entirely sure how things work, but I think as long as the weather's good the gate's open. Seems like it's decently popular mid-day, but as everyone wears themselves out, the track gets pretty empty towards the end of the day.

My rough plan right now is to be at Crow Hill on Sunday for the JDay. Feelin kinda sick at the moment so hopefully that doesn't linger.

nedirtriders.com

Quote Originally Posted by aldend123 View Post
    I just went to Tiverton RI Mx691 last weekend for the second time. Not as big a place as Crow Hill - I'd guess MX guys might call it a practice track? On the plus side, seems like a good track if you're new-ish. Not entirely sure how things work, but I think as long as the weather's good the gate's open. Seems like it's decently popular mid-day, but as everyone wears themselves out, the track gets pretty empty towards the end of the day.

My rough plan right now is to be at Crow Hill on Sunday for the JDay. Feelin kinda sick at the moment so hopefully that doesn't linger.
    Good to know, hadn’t heard of it

Quote Originally Posted by aldend123 View Post

I spectated the Jday last weekend at Southwick. Place was PACKED. I heard a bunch of classes sold out online the first day they were available, and there were so many riders and spectators that when I got there around 10 AM, I had to park way out in the ballfields, almost out the the paved street. Announcer on the PA described Jdays as the fastest growing (or most popular?) racing series in the US, and I don’t doubt it.
    A friend and I were noting the differences between Jdays and the old Nesc races that used to be the only game in town. Nesc was pretty strict and everyone had to walk their bikes, shut off, all the way from their pit to the starting line, and back again after each race. That was a serious drag, especially after your moto if you were pitted far away from the starting line and didn’t have help. Jdays are the opposite; they don’t care; little and not so little kids are straight up riding all day everywhere on the grounds, and race spectators are limited in their viewing locations mainly by the instinct of self preservation.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Imbeek View Post
    I spectated the Jday last weekend at Southwick. Place was PACKED. I heard a bunch of classes sold out online the first day they were available, and there were so many riders and spectators that when I got there around 10 AM, I had to park way out in the ballfields, almost out the the paved street. Announcer on the PA described Jdays as the fastest growing (or most popular?) racing series in the US, and I don’t doubt it.
    A friend and I were noting the differences between Jdays and the old Nesc races that used to be the only game in town. Nesc was pretty strict and everyone had to walk their bikes, shut off, all the way from their pit to the starting line, and back again after each race. That was a serious drag, especially after your moto if you were pitted far away from the starting line and didn’t have help. Jdays are the opposite; they don’t care; little and not so little kids are straight up riding all day everywhere on the grounds, and race spectators are limited in their viewing locations mainly by the instinct of self preservation.
    Not sure if you're raising concern or praising them Southwick was the season opener if I remember right. Between that and the venue, not surprised the place was packed. I don't doubt that it's the fastest growing, and probably quickly approaching one of the largest.

I've spectated a couple and rode in one. While there's a handful of people with more guts than brains, I haven't seen too much gooning around the pits. The one I entered about half the people were parked a half mile from the start. With some uphill. Glad pushing wasn't a requirement. It is a little funky to drive a car through with all the bikes on the move. But seems like it works. Just roll along and the riders know how to not get run over.

nedirtriders.com

Yeah I’ve run some of them too. While I like less rules in general, and think it is absolutely ridiculous to make people push their bikes to and from motos, that’s not what I’m talking about...people, especially a lot of kids whose parents probably could do a little better job supervising their own rug rats, were abusing the privilege and running laps around areas where spectators were walking...dicing, forming berms, jumping, wheelieing, etc and when there are that many people walking around, it seems dangerous and rude. Not the end of the world, but it’d be nice if people who like doing radical shit (like everyone there, including me) would use their brains a little more so rules won’t be necessary.

Lifer

Ah. I haven’t seen much actual riding besides transportation or a quick carb check. Though I do want to change something Sunday and was wondering if there’s a spot to test stuff out of the way. I’ll have to ask the first unsupervised kid I see.

nedirtriders.com

I remember nesc and pushing the bike up the hill after a tiring southwick Moto. The current leadership let’s riders ride rather than push but I don’t think they allow any riding around other to and from the track.

Went to winter ama series in Florida once. 1986. Riders meeting ref says can ride pits with 5 mph speed limit. Hannah starts his RM250 shortly after and wheelies through the pits. Crispest sounding bike I had heard and who would tell the hurricane to keep it under 5 mph!!