Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Pachaug Pics

Pachaug Pics

Tim was already at the campsite with bob and mark when we showed up at pachaug, we unloaded warmed up the bikes and imediatly got warmed up on the rocks.

It was slow going at first, the first 10 miles took us 2 hours.

I think at one point or another we were all on the ground, some of us more often than others.

Leha needed help with this one, bike fell over down hill into a tree

Its amazing how quickly everone seemed to get their bike up off the ground knowing the camera was coming.

I had a sapling stop me dead in my tracks, it grabbed hold of my rear brake

" hey guys my brand new bike won't start"

BEEP BEEP,

Hey bob, is the choke out
    no
    try iy with the choke out
    didn't work

is your fuel on?
    Yes
    is it flooded
    I don't think so
    try it in neutral then
    it is in neutral
    well try it in gear then
    that didn't work either.
    WTF!!!!!!!

" Guys, you aren't going to believe this, I must have hit the kill switch"

We get out to the end of a trail, and usually leah is bringing up the rear with in about 30seconds to a minute, when she didn't show up I turned around to go find her, well back at the beggining of that trail was a log. Which if you happen to false neutral as you are gassing it to go over, you aren't goin gto make it. So a make shift kick stand will keep the bike up until someone comes back to find me.

We were getting hungry for lunch, but how the hell do we get there and where the hell are we now?

After a lunch stop we explored a different section that wasn't so rocky but man it sure was wet and muddy. We came across a stranger on a 2stroke ktm that was more than eager to lead us around for a little while.

He was a chatty fellow,
    excuse me mister I just wanna ride

even our new friend fell over, he must have known the camera was coming , he waqs back up faster than he fell down

"Great now my feet are really wet"

We ended the day with over 40 miles and not a lot of pavement, we ae pretty sore today but its the good kind of pain.

here are the rest of the pics.

http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...ember/?start=0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650
    09 Yamaha WR450F (street legal)

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    08 Yamaha WR250F(street legal )
    09 KLR650

Pachaug Pics

I'm exhausted 44 miles yesterday, another 29 today and I just spent 2 hours cleaning the bike.

Nice pictures Sean, I'm a bit worried to see what Bob has on his camera... I know he got ChR1s on the ground today...twice

I've got a few that I'll post up when I regain a bit of energy

Yamaha

Pachaug Pics

What a great weekend that was!!!!!! I am so sore right now, its hard to walk. I can't wait to have these pics developed monday and get them on here. Some of these people that always post pics of other people are going to have their day in the spot light.

Today I had the pleasure of taking pics of Chris laying on the ground twice.

Thanks again to Mark, Sean, Leah, Tim and Chris.

Bob

2014 Can-Am Outlander 1000 MAX XT-P

Pachaug Pics

Glad I stayed with you guys after lunch. I had a blast! Looks like my bike was tired and needed to take some rests. We'll see how many after Bob gets his pics developed.

06 ninja650 street bike
    06 KLX250 dual sport

Pachaug Pics

Hmmm... must have been some tough stuff if Chr1s went down?

Looks like fun stuff. Sucks I had to put the bike away early this year.

Tony
    Trackdays in CT, NY, and NH
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Pirelli Track Tires - www.goMTAG.com

Pachaug Pics

" Guys, you aren't going to believe this, I must have hit the kill switch"

I don't think thats funny at all.

I did that once at Laconia Bike Week going down the hill into the Weirs. It took me 2 hours of pushing , kicking and swearing all the while being laughed at by Harley riders. then I noticed the kill switch

You suck at life. Why don't you quit?

My dad told me I could be anything I wanted when I grew up. So I became an Asshole.

Pachaug Pics

Mark, thanks for leading us around today. You too, Bob. I think.

So I forgot to put the sidestand down a couple of times. Tipping over is not crashing -- crashing hurts. If youse guys want to enter that hare scramble next weekend, I'll show you what crashing is supposed to look like.

A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. - John Stuart Mill

Pachaug Pics

Friday night I was running a bit late so I didn't get the campsite until about 6:30. If I only had a job like Bob, I could have been there riding all day friday as well like he did..haha
    Bob's already half in the bag when i got there (he had 3 beers, lighweight) and was sitting by the fire. I unloaded, get settled in and suggest we go checkout some indoor pitbike racing, it was only 15 minutes away.. Not much action there, only 3 or 4 bikes running around so we hung out for a bit and took off back to camp. Put some more wood on the fire and cracked a few more beers. It was cold out for sure as we were sitting just about in the fire. After 2 or 3 beers, it was about 10pm and time to call it a night. It was awefull having to stay in Bob's camper, a bed, heat and a bathroom....really took the fun out of camping..but when it was 24 out when we woke the next day!!!

Sean, Leah and Tim M showed up within 5 minutes of each other, unloaded, blurbed out a few bullshit lines and then we were on out way

I can't beleive Bob was walking his bike up the rocks, no wonder it was overheating

Lunch stop, I like the food here but I also like Tim's idea on lunch stops more betterer. A few power bars/candy bars during the ride and end it later with a late lunch stop. Was that a flat tire on my orange bike? Shhhh, don't tell anyone I put fix-O-flat in it Laborday weekend and never checked it again. Lucky I still had the remnants of that very can in my backpack to save the day....

The big lunch didn't slow us down much though, as we met up with another orange bike rider after lunch and he showed us some more trails in another part of the forest.

At the end of that ride, we did have a very minor run in with a EPO. You guys all registered? Yup... Ok have a nice day

Back to camp to call it a day for the riding.

Look at the bathrooms they gave us? And they were pretty clean too!!

Still loading

After Tim, Sean and Leah left, it was time for a quick shower and then go get some gas for the next days ride, and we also had to stop and collect some firewood. It was just about dark when we got back so we got the fire going and cracked open the beers. Not long after that, Bob cooked up some burgers on the grill to fill the stomach.
    We had some new neighbors move in at the next site over..hmmm, things may get noisy? I thought I heard a drum set at some point? Amazingly, we called it a night at 9pm!!!
    At 3am I confirmed the drumset our new neighbors had. You didn't hear that Bob?

Next morning it's a balmy 22 outside. We needed to take a ride up Mt Misery to get cell service, Bob had to check in with the boss and I wanted to see if Chris left a message if he was coming or not. On the way back I'm looking in the woods and spot something? Bob, what's that?? That's a bike he said, lets go check it out!!! Nice bike Bob..

Once again i had a soft tire so we took a ride to the gas station to fill it up. On the way back we took the loop around the field where we spotted Chris unloading and getting dressed

The plan was to do a bit of exploring but that didn't go so well and we didn't want to bore Chris with all these dead end trails. So I conveniantly ran out of gas (WTF only 50 miles on a tank?) so we had to make a stop back at camp. After that we pretty much did most of the same loop as the day before. Though we did skip that big mud/quaghole somehow. The little play area was once again fun and we left that spot just in time as a pack of bikes/quads went in there. Didn't see any plates, thanks for supporting the sport!!!

The ride back is always fun, though I did make a wrong turn onto a dead end trail.

I had a kick ass time this weekend and couldn't have asked for better riding company on both days. Thanks Sean, Leah and Tim M for coming out on Saturday and thanks Chris for coming out on Sunday. Big thanks to Bob M for bringing the camper and cooking up some burgers
    It was even pretty cool finding the other person and him leading us around some of the trails we didn't know.

Great company and great times as always. I can't wait to do this again

Yamaha

Pachaug Pics

Looks fun!

Boston --> San Diego

Pachaug Pics

More pictures and another report from our day
    Thanks for the report Tim.

We didn't have any fun

Yamaha

Pachaug Pics

Well here they are. Look at the next three pics and it looks like Mark and Sean walked up a hill that Leah made it up, whats up with that guys???

looks like everyone had a camera in the next two

a little water for Sean and Leah

Tim plugging along

end of the day on saturday, we are only 1 mile from camp on the asphalt and look at the maps to find our way back

Bob

Pachaug Pics

Sunday it was Mark, Chris and myself. We started the day off with Mark still fixing a 4 month old flat.

This was a good time to have a camera with Chris in front of me hahahaha

Mark just got the bike up before I took this one

I'm still learning this posting pictures stuff, next time they will be a little bigger so you can see better.

thanks everyone for coming out making a great weekend.

Bob

Pachaug Pics

Cool, pics. Its amazing sometimes how we all get stuck on stuff and leah's little tractor just motors over it..

Here is the shot from the back side,

" everyone get out of the way they are having a camera duel at 10 paces"

12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650
    09 Yamaha WR450F (street legal)

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    08 Yamaha WR250F(street legal )
    09 KLR650

Pachaug Pics

You know what's really funny about these pictures? They don't do the trails justice and show why our bikes always seem to be on the ground

Yamaha