Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Picked up the 2022 TC50!

Picked up the 2022 TC50!

Such a nice bike.

Couple questions

-I was pretty sure the guy said 50:1, but I checked the manual online and it said 60:1. The manual just conservative?

-While looking for the oil ratio I also saw it calls for premium(95). I always have 93 here but I'll have to buy 5 gallon pails for 85, and I i think I can only get 98. I suppose I could mix it half and half. 93 good for learning and 95 on race day?

Thanks.

My boy already has it muddy. I think the centrifugal clutch is weird but he likes it.

16 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by xrocket21; 03-27-22 at 09:00 AM.

Re: Picked up the 2022 TC50!

Recheck the book, I'm betting that 95 is a RON rating, not (R+M)/2 like we use in the US. TLDR 91 (R+M)/2 will be fine I bet. If the book calls for 60:1, I'd go with that.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

The mix depends on what oil you are using. Different oils will recommend different ratios. I would say with a good synthetic 60:1 should be fine as specified. Some go as high as 100:1.

As far as octane mixing half and half of something like 91 and 95 won't give you 93. It will be lower octane than 93. If you go lower than the recommended octane specified you risk predetonation.

I don't know how much of a safety factor was designed in when specifying octane from the factory.

Also... Sweet bike!!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    Recheck the book, I'm betting that 95 is a RON rating, not (R+M)/2 like we use in the US. TLDR 91 (R+M)/2 will be fine I bet. If the book calls for 60:1, I'd go with that.
    It is RON! Thanks. Im so happy I dont have to tell him he cant ride tomorrow!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    The mix depends on what oil you are using. Different oils will recommend different ratios. I would say with a good synthetic 60:1 should be fine as specified. Some go as high as 100:1.

As far as octane mixing half and half of something like 91 and 95 won't give you 93. It will be lower octane than 93. If you go lower than the recommended octane specified you risk predetonation.

I don't know how much of a safety factor was designed in when specifying octane from the factory.

Also... Sweet bike!!
    I got the good motorex oil when we were there. Enough oil and filters for my ktm, and 2 quarts for his 50.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picked up the 2022 TC50!-mot_22_cro_pow_syn_2t-1l-jpg  

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by xrocket21; 03-26-22 at 07:40 PM.

Bought a mixing jar, it has every ratio BUT 60:1

Lifer

The 50 to 1 might be the break in ratio the guy was mentioning.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Awesome, congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxer72 View Post
    Awesome, congrats.
    Thanks, he is a lucky kid. I was nervous it wasn't the right bike for him, but he has 2.5 hours on it already and I think it is gonna be perfect! The centrifugal clutch lets him focus on riding, the suspension is AMAZING, he can juuust flat foot it so I think the physical size is great. Only downside is it is pretty loud. He is loving that 2-stroke life though, rev bombs for days lol

mixin gas and slappin ass

Gotta ask, why the gasser over the electric?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    Gotta ask, why the gasser over the electric?
    Vaguely considered the electric, but just not ready to go electric yet. Soon maybe?

Just awesome!

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Hypertarded

Lucky kid!

great dad

That's Awesome. I'm sure he's loving that thing.
    Curious, how old is your son?

We were just having a discussion last weekend about where to go from here.
    Our son just turned 4, and is ripping on his Stacyc 12. He loves the thing.
    I think he'll get this full summer out of it, then be borderline ready for something bigger next year.

When we pulled the trigger on the Stacyc, it was the same debate of electric vs gas (i.e. pw50).
    I generally prefer gas engine stuff myself, but hard to look past the features/benefits the electric offers.
    In the end, I'm glad we went electric. We can go for walks or to the park with his bike, and everyone thinks it's the coolest thing.
    Can't do that with a pw50. Everyone would be calling the cops.
    We have space to ride behind the house, so it's not really an issue either way, so gives us options.

Quote Originally Posted by MHenry600 View Post
    That's Awesome. I'm sure he's loving that thing.
    Curious, how old is your son?

We were just having a discussion last weekend about where to go from here.
    Our son just turned 4, and is ripping on his Stacyc 12. He loves the thing.
    I think he'll get this full summer out of it, then be borderline ready for something bigger next year.

When we pulled the trigger on the Stacyc, it was the same debate of electric vs gas (i.e. pw50).
    I generally prefer gas engine stuff myself, but hard to look past the features/benefits the electric offers.
    In the end, I'm glad we went electric. We can go for walks or to the park with his bike, and everyone thinks it's the coolest thing.
    Can't do that with a pw50. Everyone would be calling the cops.
    We have space to ride behind the house, so it's not really an issue either way, so gives us options.
    He just turned 7 this month and this will be his 4th year riding.

He started out on a KDX 50 with training wheels for 1.5 ish years. Did the next 1.5 years without training wheels on the KDX50. We did a J-Day last summer and the KDX50 was NOT up to the task, I had to run out on the course and push him up the hills. He still loved it and wants more. We have a track at home and he has started jumping and it didn't take much at all to bottom out that KDX.

We live in a very rural spot so no worries on the noise.

The KDX got way too small, we have a borrowed CRF50 that works much better, but he is getting a little big for that and the suspension still isn't all that great.

It is going to be an exciting summer! We plan to do a lot more J-days this year. I ride a '21 500EXCf and do them as well. I guess I thought it was a good idea to pick up dirtbike racing at 40?

Last edited by xrocket21; 03-28-22 at 11:43 AM.

Some of those pics remind me of when we got the boy into riding. He LIVED for it once introduced and is the still the same way 10+ years later. GoPro & all, looks SO much like him.

First time he used his GoPro on a ride we took him on, he never bothered to turn it off whenever we stopped. He's got my buddies & I pissing a bunch of times on it while we had our backs to the kids during a few of those breaks!

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    Some of those pics remind me of when we got the boy into riding. He LIVED for it once introduced and is the still the same way 10+ years later. GoPro & all, looks SO much like him.

First time he used his GoPro on a ride we took him on, he never bothered to turn it off whenever we stopped. He's got my buddies & I pissing a bunch of times on it while we had our backs to the kids during a few of those breaks!
    oh yeah, he wears a dirtbike jersey to school. Got him nice fox boots for Christmas and he wore them sledding this winter. signed C-boys poster on his wall, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    oh yeah, he wears a dirtbike jersey to school. Got him nice fox boots for Christmas and he wore them sledding this winter. signed C-boys poster on his wall, etc.
    Sounds just like the boy at his age. Love it!

so awesome !!

curious about the clutch, i mentioned we had a Cobra for a while but the clutch drove me, and it's rider, nuts. needed WAAAAY too much juice before engagement, even when adjusted properly with new parts, which had the bike screaming for any type of riding at all.

Beta 200RR

Quote Originally Posted by typeone View Post
    so awesome !!

curious about the clutch, i mentioned we had a Cobra for a while but the clutch drove me, and it's rider, nuts. needed WAAAAY too much juice before engagement, even when adjusted properly with new parts, which had the bike screaming for any type of riding at all.
    You had mentioned the high engagement when we discussed bikes before and you are definitely right. It engages so high it took me a bit to be convinced there wasn't something wrong with it. It does kinda scream all the time, but like I said, we live in a rural area and he loves it. It is a weird setup for sure, and I am curious how it will do when we do some rocky hill climbs up the mountain. For now, doing laps up and down the dirt driveway, he is loving the two stroke and doesn't have any problem brapping it all day long. Mixin gas and slappin ass!

You had mentioned the high engagement when we discussed bikes before and you are definitely right. It engages so high it took me a bit to be convinced there wasn't something wrong with it. It does kinda scream all the time, but like I said, we live in a rural area and he loves it. It is a weird setup for sure, and I am curious how it will do when we do some rocky hill climbs up the mountain. For now, doing laps up and down the dirt driveway, he is loving the two stroke and doesn't have any problem brapping it all day long. Mixin gas and slappin ass!
    hahaa, that's awesome. keep that 2T bug alive !

yeah, the family we bought the Cobra from were woods racers, saw a few videos of his kid doing hills ... just gotta screeeeeaaam it all the way up. my guys are used to torque off idle with way less sound, especially with the CRFs, but the suspension is just so shitty we need to move on soon. i'm not sure where to go next. i'd love to get them on 2-strokes again but the electric offerings really have our attention as well.

Beta 200RR

Quote Originally Posted by typeone View Post
    hahaa, that's awesome. keep that 2T bug alive !

yeah, the family we bought the Cobra from were woods racers, saw a few videos of his kid doing hills ... just gotta screeeeeaaam it all the way up. my guys are used to torque off idle with way less sound, especially with the CRFs, but the suspension is just so shitty we need to move on soon. i'm not sure where to go next. i'd love to get them on 2-strokes again but the electric offerings really have our attention as well.
    We are in the same boat for sure. The motor and the clutchless manual in the crf50 is about perfect, but that suspension cant take much for jumps at all. When we did that J-day everybody rev-bombing all the time and that 2-stroke smell really got under his skin, he loves it, just loves to brap.

scored the ketchup flavored version(s), playdate at Hemonds this season?

started pouring before i could get a duo shot but Kid 2 approves ... Kid 1 is in love as well. bikes fit them great, Kid 1 picked up clutch work immediately. love it!

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Beta 200RR

Awesome!

Hemonds for sure! I think you giys should all come up for a weekend and rip up some Maine woods!

Awesome!

Hemonds for sure! I think you giys should all come up for a weekend and rip up some Maine woods!
    amen! let's make it happen this season, my dudes would be stoked! ... we'll keep you posted when we plan a trip north ... first event of the season is renting 508Intl again for a private family track day, they're beyond excited to ride the new scoots there, had such a blast last time.

Beta 200RR

Bought a mixing jar, it has every ratio BUT 60:1
    Use 30:1 ratio for 2.5 gallons of gas, as that'll be 60:1 for 5 gallons (10.67 oz). I have to do the same thing with my TC250. I've been running KTM/Husq. 250 two stroke MX bikes for past 8 years. I normally mix 2 gallons of VP110 with 3 gallons of 91 octane, as we don't have 93 octane in CA. Another thing I'd do in the past, when I lived near a small airport, was get 5 gallons of 100LL and mix that 2 gallons to 3 gallons also.

When I first got on the Austrian smokers I was freaked out by the 50:1 and 60:1 ratios also... but then I just went for it, and they run like raped apes. I use Motorex premix also.

Nice bike, it's like the itty bitty version of mine :-D
    Picked up the 2022 TC50!-tc250-jpg

Boston --> San Diego

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast