Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Picked up the 2022 TC50!

Re: Picked up the 2022 TC50!

so we're dealing with the pre-mix ratios as well ... i was like, pffft, gonna run my standard 40:1, 93 pump/Amsoil Interceptor i like in the Beta's but the little GGs are real soggy unless on the pipe constantly. just picked up some Motorex Cross Power 2T and VP C9 to test out. we'll dilute the C9 with pump by a lot but very curious if the minis will run cleaner at 50-60:1. i assume the answer be, yes.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Beta 200RR

Ours seems happier at 50:1, less oil out the tailpipe, and seems less boggy.

Went -1 on the front sprocket and that was a perfect move, woke the bike up so it will spin the rear tire now.

Didnt realize the tranny fluid needs to be changed every 10 hours so kinda on hold until the fluid gets here. Put a small wrap on it last night and it looks great!

Kid is really improving quickly, he is jumping it like crazy now that he knows he can trust the suspension.

cool, we haven't mixed up a new batch of fuel yet but assume we'll see the same result. the 50 is fine, the 65 is the soggy one. no drool from silencer on either though.

interesting on the sprocket change, the GG50 spins the wheel up easy, wonder why the difference?

yeah, i was just reading about trans oil the other night, was hoping to run the same Honda HP for everything but guess that's out.

awesome on progress! mine were scared shitless at Crow Hill on Sat the younger one got the sandy corners + power down faster than older on 65. lots of learning going on with a real clutch and gears. they were both modulating power way better by the end of the day.

Beta 200RR

Put the numbers on, colors match great!

This is how oily the pipe is...

Atf is supposed to come today so we can change it out!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

new plates look awesome! bet he's pumped, it's a 'real race bike' now, Pops

on the spooge, no clue what Monty's put in there but we've run 2 tanks so far, very little residue.

Beta 200RR

23 hours and I have to tighten the chain for a third time, running out of room! Chain is squeaky sometimes too, maybe it isn't an o-ring chain? Seems like cheaping out on an expensive bike? Or is it less resistance for racing or something? Am I supposed to be lubing it every ride? I feel like I'm missing something here....

Last edited by xrocket21; 05-10-22 at 09:02 AM.

Bet it's not an o-ring chain, "for performance reasons" that don't exist. Lube it frequently, then go o-ring when you replace it. (My 150SX came with a non o-ring chain too, meh.)

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    23 hours and I have to tighten the chain for a third time, running out of room! Chain is squeaky sometimes too, maybe it isn't an o-ring chain? Seeps like cheaping out on an expensive bike? Or is it less resistance for racing or something? Am I supposed to be lubing it every ride? I feel like I'm missing something here....
    Looking at pictures of the factory chain, first they call it a race chain and second the master link does not come with any o or x rings to install when installing the clip. This would say that it is a non sealed chain and it will likely wear very quickly if not kept pretty clean.

Did glance at the service manual for how to tension the chain but didn't see anything crazy there. One trick I was taught long ago was to get the counter shaft, the swingarm pivot and the rear axle in a straight line and adjust the tension on the chain there. Theoretically the chain is at its tightest point when those three things align so if there is a little slack in that orientation things should be good.

Didn't look to see if they sell a sealed chain in that size or not. If not racing putting a sealed chain on might give longer service life but if racing the added drag on a small motor might make a difference.

agree with Kurlon, lube more (especially since it squeaks) and go with a better x-ring suited for minis.

it's prob also a cheap chain. i haven't run an o-ring on past 3 bikes, after the initial wear, adjust it very little (250-200cc) ... lube the big bike every ride but the smalls pretty infrequently. will have to see if ours does the same thing.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Beta 200RR

^ good point on tension, Joel.

Beta 200RR

Thanks guys! I appreciate the help!

Quote Originally Posted by tls25rs View Post
    Looking at pictures of the factory chain, first they call it a race chain and second the master link does not come with any o or x rings to install when installing the clip. This would say that it is a non sealed chain and it will likely wear very quickly if not kept pretty clean.

Did glance at the service manual for how to tension the chain but didn't see anything crazy there. One trick I was taught long ago was to get the counter shaft, the swingarm pivot and the rear axle in a straight line and adjust the tension on the chain there. Theoretically the chain is at its tightest point when those three things align so if there is a little slack in that orientation things should be good.

Didn't look to see if they sell a sealed chain in that size or not. If not racing putting a sealed chain on might give longer service life but if racing the added drag on a small motor might make a difference.
    The amount of power this thing puts out with my 55 lb son on it..... lol, a sealed chain won't make a difference! I will definitely replace it with a sealed chain pretty soon when this wears out.

another thing working against me is i went -1 tooth on the front sprocket

More chain questions, as I want to get a replacement as the original is stretching bad. (I probably should have had a spare for the first j-day this weekend)

The manual says 1/2 x 3/16"

motosport lists 520 chains (pretty sure this is what IO have on my RC51 as I did a 530 to 520 conversion) so I think that's too big.

But it also lists 415 chains, but none of the 415 chains are o-ring?

https://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/c...d-master-links

Maybe I just need to use cheap non o-ring chains and replace them often?

https://www.motosport.com/search?tex...=1&sf=dirtbike

amazon does have a 1/2 x 3/16" chain for $50

Sucks they wear out in 25 hours...

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=1%2F2+x+3...f=nb_sb_noss_1

Thanks again for the help.

RK 415HRU looks to be about the only name brand option, but not commonly sold in North America.

If you're up for experimenting: https://www.amazon.com/JINFANNIBI-41...574862&sr=8-14

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    RK 415HRU looks to be about the only name brand option, but not commonly sold in North America.

If you're up for experimenting: https://www.amazon.com/JINFANNIBI-41...574862&sr=8-14
    JINFANNIBI!!!!

So looks like a 415 is what I want, and I'm out of luck on an o-ring?

Yeah, no one is importing the RK option, so you're either doing it yourself by buying from say a UK seller off eBay that'll ship to the US, or trying one of those Chinese options via Amazon if you want o-ring. The other path to explore would be converting to 420 chain and sprockets? Gets you a slightly beefier chain with easier to access o-ring options, but also slightly more HP loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    Yeah, no one is importing the RK option, so you're either doing it yourself by buying from say a UK seller off eBay that'll ship to the US, or trying one of those Chinese options via Amazon if you want o-ring. The other path to explore would be converting to 420 chain and sprockets? Gets you a slightly beefier chain with easier to access o-ring options, but also slightly more HP loss.
    Thanks for the help man. I think I need to abandon my o-ring ideas and just lube every ride. Not that hard. I should get a kids size center stand too.

I found this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...MRY5M8D2&psc=1

I have heard of pro taper for bars, but never for chains... But I do like goooooold

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12