Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Skid plate

Skid plate

So I am looking for a skid plate for my KTM. Its a 09 450exc. Just wondering what you guys use as far as brand goes. I was looking at the Works skid plate, its $200 though. Any others that would be recomended?

Also, whats the going opinion on the plastic skid plates? I can see the advantage because they wont bend, but will they just break?
    Aluminum skid plates seem to be a touch more pricy, will bend but I wouldnt see bending them back to be to difficult. So any advice out there?

I think my bike will need all the protection it can get with me riding it

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Wirelessly posted (TELECA-/2.0 (BREW 3.1.5; U; EN-US; SAMSUNG; SPH-M810; Teleca/Q05A/INT) MMP/2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Im using a Moose skid plate. Its nice thick metal and has taken some good hits. Id stay away from plastic. I would also stay away from glide plates. They dont cover as much. The Moose one I have comes out and covers the engine case that is exposed outside of the frame.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    James