Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

PSA - 2017 Hopkinton-Everett Multi-Use Trail System Dunbarton/Weare Direction Changes

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

PSA - 2017 Hopkinton-Everett Multi-Use Trail System Dunbarton/Weare Direction Changes

Saw this on Facebook and figured it would be best to spread the word.

The direction of travel on a couple of the one way trails at Hopkinton-Everett Multi-Use Trail System in Dunbarton/Weare NH has been changed.

Stark Pond Trail, The River Loop and the BT Trail are all going to be running in the opposite direction than what they have been for the last few years. From what I have read this change was brought on by the Bureau of Trails and the Army Corp of Engineers requesting that the trails be run in the opposite direction.

PSA - 2017 Hopkinton-Everett Multi-Use Trail System Dunbarton/Weare Direction Changes-2017_hopev_trail_map-jpg

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: PSA - 2017 Hopkinton-Everett Multi-Use Trail System Dunbarton/Weare Direction Cha

Also, when the long bridge on Stark Pond is no longer repairable, the Army Corps of Engineers wants to permanently close the trail. They seem to be unwilling to build a new one and will only allow it to be repaired.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

Re: PSA - 2017 Hopkinton-Everett Multi-Use Trail System Dunbarton/Weare Direction Cha

Wow...those changes will be weird. I guess I should reach out to MVTR about the Stark Pond bridge, that trail is my jam!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    CCS #68
    2016 Husky FS450
    Huge thanks for all the support from MotoSport

Quote Originally Posted by Yknot View Post
    Wow...those changes will be weird. I guess I should reach out to MVTR about the Stark Pond bridge, that trail is my jam!
    It's not closing down yet as there are plans to raise and repair the bridge. I wasn't able to attend the May meeting so I'm getting my info from the meeting notes.

• The Stark Pond trail direction of travel is being reversed.
    • The Long Bridge on the Stark Pond trail is being raised and rebuilt by BoT after suffering heavy damage this past winter. The Army Corp of Engineers (ACE) denied the BoT plan to replace the bridge. Due to wetlands impact, ACE wants to permanently close the trail when the long bridge can no longer be repaired.
    • This past winter Andre ribboned the new “Tuck’s Trail” single track; but it is on hold by ACE. Shawn Violette is commandeering a section of the trail as a replacement section of the Stark Pond trail to go around the whoops adjacent to the sand pit.
    • BoT wants MVTR to install 500 concrete blocks on the Bassett Mill trail. This will require an excavator. Funding has not been approved for this project (Andre and Steve will work on emergency GIA funding under Shawn’s recommendation and assistance for fast tracking).
    • BoT wants MVTR to reverse the direction of travel on the River Loop and BT trails. This will require us to pull down all of the mile marker signs and their backing boards and re-install them. The trail map that MVTR updated last year will require another revision.

"...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

Quote Originally Posted by ZX-12R View Post
    It's not closing down yet as there are plans to raise and repair the bridge. I wasn't able to attend the May meeting so I'm getting my info from the meeting notes.

• This past winter Andre ribboned the new “Tuck’s Trail” single track; but it is on hold by ACE. Shawn Violette is commandeering a section of the trail as a replacement section of the Stark Pond trail to go around the whoops adjacent to the sand pit.
    This is my favorite item. New single track and I hate that section of the trail.

CCS #68
    2016 Husky FS450
    Huge thanks for all the support from MotoSport

Lifer

I was just getting reasonably good at those whoops.

Well, time for new challenges!

99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

I'm excited to run BT the other direction

Lifer

"Wall of death" is going to be epic.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

im looking forward to doing some laps this year with the reverse direction
    im happy to hear there are some additions in works as well

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports