Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Raptor 250

Raptor 250

I was at a Yamaha dealership today, and sat on one. It fit me well, and the light weight seems like a huge plus. I know they've done really well in reviews. Are they powerful enough for an adult (180-200 pounds) to ride around? They seem like they'd be a blast.

Anyone have one? How do you like it?
    I realized it's not a 450 or a 700 raptor, but besides not having the power of those, is it enough to have fun on?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Raptor 250

Fun? Absolutely. But I'd venture a guess you'd get pretty bored fairly quick. If sport quads are your flavor, do youself a favor and get wunna the 400cc offerings. I'd bet you'd be MUCH happier...

I have the Rappy 700 and it's a fookin' beast! With most of the riding I do, I kinda wish I had 'settled' for a 400. But given the ice riding I do, I went with the Rappy to fill both needs...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Heh, it's interesting that you mention the 700, the reason I was at the dealer to begin with was to hopefully sit on a 700. I wanted to see how it felt/fit me. I'm thinking about getting a 700 next spring, and a 250 for my wife. I was just curious about the 250 because they're pretty inexpensive, and seemed like a blast. I'd consider the 450, but I've heard that they're higher strung and more maintenance (as it has an MX based engine). The 700 seems more my style. That said, I could pick up 2 of those for the price of one 700, and was just turning ideas over in my head.
    Well, either way, they didn't have the 700, and all the other dealers in my area are out of them too. Looking to find a 2013 to sit on.
    How do you like the 700? Any suggestions, or observations you could share?
    What kind of riding do you do, types of trails?
    How is the maintenance? What year is yours?

Are there many trails around here to ride on? I've done a little looking online, and it seems like there are some, but you have to head north to find larger trails.

When I worked at a dealership, yamaha took us to clough to test the new Raptor 250's. I weigh on the good side of 240 and that Raptor was a blast and handled me very well, even the smaller size. I wouldn't hesitate for your wife or even a backup for you. I only felt the limits of the suspension when I launched it off ome good sized jumps.

Better a Racer for a moment then a spectator your whole life!

Posted by Jane in BoxChat
    Jaynnus - I can't regret what I don't remember

Originally Posted by gmdboston
    Guys, its Maine. The waitresses have more tits, than teeth......

I don't know much about the Raptor 250 other than looking at one at the dealership and thinking it was kinda cool looking.
    I have an 06 Raptor 700 and it's been a solid machine. Never an issue other than the normal wear and tear items. Yamaha hit the nail on the head with this one IMHO. It's good at everything, tight trails, fast trails and even MX with a few minor upgrades.

Yamaha