Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

YOU DO NEED A REGISTRATION for ICE.

YOU DO NEED A REGISTRATION for ICE.

We went to one spot to ride and the shore line was open water and too far to ramp it.
    THe second spot had a lot of fisher men and a few quads on it. The ice was still over a foot thick but the recent rain had the river dump enough water into the lake to raise the water line so there was a 6 foot thin ice/ open water spot from the shoreline onto the ice. Some one had put a wooden plank/ bike ramp to walk out on, I put my aluminum one next to it so we could roll the bikes out and walk next to it.
    We set up a fun track and rode laps for about 2 hours straight. just as we were getting ready to call it a day we look at the shore line to see blue lights on top of the ELE truck flashing and he was waving us to come in.

As we get to the shore,I noticed that some A-- hole had taken my ramp and stuck it into the open water to the bottom and put the wood plank on top of it.Apparantly he didn't like the set up that the other 50 or so people had used to get on teh ice so he changed it. So as I am trying to get off the ice to talk to the officer I need to get my ramp out of the water to put next to the wood one again to roll the bikes off. In the process of trying I fall through the ice into water just over knee deep, it was cold enough to make me feel like less of a man . I finally wrestle the bikes off the ice, retreive my ramp and get ashore.
    The ELE guy was stern but at the same time, nice, I'm not sure if its because he felt bad that I was soaked and cold or that leah had already talked to him before I got over there. He did warn us that we needed a yellow ATV plate to be on the ice. I guess I should have known that but I figured that we weren't "off roading" so we didn't need a plate turns out we were off roading. He let us off with a warning which was un expected, he was after all an ELE officer and they are historically not that nice.

Lesson learned, get registered and don't leave your ramp on the edge of the ice for someone else to use because they will fuck it up.

We will be getting plated on monday. And returning to the ice next weekend, all legal like.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650
    09 Yamaha WR450F (street legal)

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    08 Yamaha WR250F(street legal )
    09 KLR650

Re: YOU DO NEED A REGISTRATION for ICE.

The track we laid out had a few criss cross loops in it that you could really get sideways on, just had to watch out not to collide into eachother.

I'm not smooth with MS paint but you get the idea

Last edited by theothersean; 02-09-08 at 06:58 PM.
    12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    09 KLR650

I can't even beleive there is ice? Most of the ponds have opened up around here and I've pretty much given up on any hopes of ice riding this season.
    Didn't I tell you before that you needed a ORV plate to ride on the ice

Yamaha

You have to get out atleast once this year. We are planning on going again next weekend......................

This whole week up here looks to be good ice making weather.

12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    09 KLR650

I can't next weekend, I've only got a week left on the house and at this point, I just want it done.
    I also didn't renew my Mass yellow plate for the Raptor, and the front tire on the KTM is to shot to stud...see where I'm going with this...

Yamaha

Sean, this is that one time you should've listened to Mahk.

That splashing around in the water was a good idea though. No ticket!