Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Rekluse

Rekluse

Who, besides Joel, has one? I think I like the idea of being able to lock up the rear without using my left hand, and get back on the gas sooner...
    And not stalling in the muck would help too.
    Being that I ride a 300, I'm not too used to actually using the clutch.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Re: Rekluse

I don't have a Rekluse as they don't make one for my Husky yet. I did get a Midwest Mountian Engineering http://www.midwestme.com/pages/product.html clutch lever that reduced effort by a legit 50%.
    They aren't cheap as far as levers go, but I've been really happy I put it on the bike.

I've seen that lever...it's not that my clutch is difficult at all, it's that I have to use my brain to operate it...a rekluse, in theory, should stop that, no?

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

I think you should tie a 2x4 to your handle bars to slow you down a bit

Do a lot of guys use them on 2-strokes? It would seem much more usefull with a 4-stroke. I know my 200 smoker if I have a brain fart and forget to pull the clutch in while on the rear brake, it may kill the engine but as soon as I let off the brake, it's running again

Yamaha

yeah it should. Just didn't know if you had seen those levers before. For under a hundred bucks it's not a bad place to start, that was my logic in buying one anyway.
    prior to getting the lever I was planning on sending my clutch to EFM so they could machine the basket and make it an auto-clutch, I'm not sure I need to do that now.
    In closing, THIS LEVER FUCKS SHIT UP. bigtime.

Meh I see no use for it.

Seems likea noob device to me. Like driving an automatic or using traction control.

Last edited by csmutty; 06-28-12 at 04:59 PM.
    -Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Yeah, but lots of people drive automatics and use TC.
    I get it, it's like cheating, but removing anything from my thought process is almost worth it.

Mark, if I lock it up and stall it, it's a 50-50 shot as to whether it fires back up when I let off. That's sort of the issue.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet

Chipper I hae ridden a crf450x with it and it is kind of cool. On a 2 smoker I agree with Mark.

kb

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    Seems likea noob device to me. Like driving an automatic or using traction control.
    Not so much a noob device but a device made to enable riding through tough snotty sections an easier affair without killing yourself restarting your bike if you make a mistake, whether you are on a two stroke or a four stroke. I'm pretty sure a good number of enduro and hare scramble guys in the northeast use them. Maybe I am wrong but I definitely see enough posts about the Rekluse on the various boards to know that at least a few people use them and like them.

I will readily admit that having it on my bike is cheating and I wouldn't be able to ride at the level I do, where ever that level is, right away if I needed to switch to a bike with a manually operated clutch. Kind of funny because last weekend I was actually thinking about trying to get my bike back to stock to see how much different it would be to ride if it had a regular clutch.

Joel

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    Yeah, but lots of people drive automatics and use TC.
    I get it, it's like cheating, but removing anything from my thought process is almost worth it.

Mark, if I lock it up and stall it, it's a 50-50 shot as to whether it fires back up when I let off. That's sort of the issue.
    i have one on the se.

i put it on back when i crushed 2 of my left fingers.
    i wanted to ride but couldn't doo the clutch, now love it especially on rough hill climbs.

it's al most like cheating

jim

"Molon labe"

Se like 690?

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet

Electric start on a 2stroker is like cheating too, and I love it! That being said, the Rekluse doesn't interest me, though every fast guy who buys one seems to love it and never go back to a manual clutch.

I'd feel disconnected if I didn't use my clutch. That would just be weird. I feel like that takes away the point of riding in a way.

I feel like once you turn 30 you might be over that. You still have a clutch to use, you just don't need to if you are about to stall out. You can still stab it (which I rarely need to do).

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet

Goodbye Sweet Dreams BLACK SQUIRREL's Avatar

i had one order for months for the 350 after 4 months I gave up. i still want one...

Zip Tie Alley Racing #444

Signature edit by Tricky mike

super enduro

jim

"Molon labe"

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    I'd feel disconnected if I didn't use my clutch. That would just be weird. I feel like that takes away the point of riding in a way.
    i only have it on one of my bikes and don't even think about or notice the difference when switching bikes.

this bike is a beast and it ends up places it has no business being and this makes it a lot easier to ride .

it's something you would see as an advantage once you have some experience at riding bikes.

Last edited by sandman; 06-29-12 at 08:02 AM.
    jim

"Molon labe"

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    i only have it on one of my bikes and don't even think about or notice the difference when switching bikes.

this bike is a beast and it ends up places it has no business being and this makes it a lot easier to ride .

it's something you would see as an advantage once you have some experience at riding bikes.

Once I have some experience. Good one.

Riding a 125 a clutch is such a major part of riding the bike I just couldn't do it. Plus I'd still have to use the clutch anyways to keep it revving.

I pretty much forget about the clutch on my wreck once rolling, I'd love to try a Rekluse in the woods and at Stimilon for when I continue to forget about the clutch and stall in stupid places.

Lifer

For woods riding, I think that they are a good thing. I would like to get one for my KDX-200. When you are fresh, a regular clutch is fine, and useful, but when you get really tired, an automatic is *really* nice.
    I have only tried one on a KTM300. On that bike, it was OK, and it was very easy to go fast on it, but I do not like KTM 300's in general (just too big for tight woods riding - for me). The one issue that I did not like was that I was unable to pull the clutch in, and coast, when I was zinging down the pavement. The manual over ride worked fine at lower and mid revs, but at high revs, there was so much force being exerted on the pressure plate that I could not over ride it until the revs dropped.

Lifetime Motorcyclist Woodcraft's Avatar

About 5 people in our group of riders have them, including Jeff and Jackie. The newest models work just like a regular clutch, except that they disengage down low in the RPM. You don't even know you have it until you need it. I've not bought one yet, but it's a possibility for my woods bike. It reduces forearm fatigue as you can charge into slow stuff with no worries about stalling or working the clutch back and forth. Riding big bikes (450's) in the woods can involve a lot of clutch work with the tall first gear that they all have....so this definitely makes life easier.

When Eric Wood speaks, muthafuckas listen.

I spent my funny money on a pair of sidi crossfires, so the rekluse will have to wait another couple weeks.
    I rode the man loop yesterday after that t-storm, lemme tell ya, I wish I had an auto clutch.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet

Redistribution Supplier

It's great in the technical part of woods riding..

I have one in my KTM 450