Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

ride monday?

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar
    Wirelessly posted (GS3)

Its veterans day and I know some of you must have the day off. Anyone want to do some dirty riding? I'm willing to do clough again but maybe do something else?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Re: ride monday?

anyone ever been to mt agamenticus in york me? i may head there or there are some cruiser trails in New Durham. worst case is ill just ride the power lines

TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Most powerlines in ME are off limits to two wheeled machines FYI...

Stupid rule but that's what CMP and Bangor Hydro have declared.

there are a few CMP trails, but i was referring to power lines in NH. looks like there may be a decent loop at Mt Aggie. i may check it out

Lifer

I've heard of trails near Mt A, but don't know anything about. The dirt road to the west of the park (Mountain Road) is part of my regular loop on the 'strom. But it definitely isn't dirt bike material.

I have to work. But please post up what you find.

Wirelessly posted (GS3)

Just got home from 4hours on mt Aggie.
    I half thought it would be some lazy trail riding. I was wrong. It was rocky. Very rocky. Very very rocky. And if it wasn't rocky enough, they bring in more rocks to put in the low spots to prevent mud holes.
    Trails were wide enough to get a jeep down for the most part. They narrowed up in some spots but not much. No real hard turns to speak of and the trail isn't all raced out with berms like clough is. Lots of leaves so it was tough to see all the obstacles.
    Everything was going great until I came upon a fairly gnarly ascent with large rocks with a base larger rock underneath. I made a run at it and failed. Stalled and fell over. I backed it to the bottom, picked a different line, fired it up and charged it to the top. I made it.
    The trail ended and I turned around. I decided to tempt fate and take the bike up a trail that was for hiking only. Single track. It went up. And up. And up. Came up on not 1 but 3 more gnarly rock climbs. I faltered on the first but only stalled. Had to restart and walk it up. I conquered the next 2 without issue. I worked my way through the woods on some very narrow and unmarked singletrack. Eventually I popped out on a proper trail.
    I began working my way back to the car and I had my second tip over on another hiking trail that had a lot of basketball sized rocks. I eventually made it to the summit took some pics and made my way down the other side on a couple more hiking trails.
    I had a blast. Especially conquering the big obstacle climbs. I may have to try the river loop next time. Maybe I'm just feeling overconfident.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Wirelessly posted

So how do you like the bike? The 300 is on my list of bikes to ride, but like you I'm more a 4 Stroke person.

Corey

Wirelessly posted (GS3)

A lot more torquey than I expected. Even at very low rpms it pulls itself out and the pipe doesn't hit hard. I don't have to work the clutch a bunch and slip the clutch to make it go
    Amanda just picked up a 125 and even though I didn't ride it very far its completely different than the 300. It performs the way I expected a 2T to perform. Kinda sackless down low but rips up top. Have to slip the clutch to get it on the pipe.