Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Riding near Milford NH

Riding near Milford NH

I recently moved from MA to NH and I am looking for some places to go riding in southern NH. I went riding this past weekend and was spoken to by some nearby home owners that trail bikes aren't allowed on these trails yada yada. I'm used to this from riding in MA and don't really care about being 100 percent legal but from my experience there are places that are not legal that people won't bother you etc. I am looking to go riding again this upcoming weekend so any suggestions would be great... It'd be even better if there was someone local in the area that would like to show me around.
    Thanks!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Riding near Milford NH

NH is a bit of a different animal than MA. There are some legal places in NH to go dirty riding, and if you know areas there are some hidden ones (not necessarily legal) to use too. This should give you a good idea of the legal ones in NH. Just read through for the ones that are ATV only or ATV+Dirt Bike.
    The New Hampshire Division of Parks and Recreation : Trail Information

Also, please don't ride on the snowmobile trails that say no wheeled vehicles. Sure, you might not get yelled at right away, or at all even. But understand that the snowmobile clubs work very hard on land owner relationships that can easily be ruined by dirt bikes and atvs. All it takes is one land owner to call and revoke permission for an entire trail to be closed, even if the trail is miles long and that portion on their land is only 100 yards. Many land owners don't mind snowmobiles because they do little damage to the ground. Also, many just kind of tolerate them for the winter.

Also, please don't ride on the snowmobile trails that say no wheeled vehicles. Sure, you might not get yelled at right away, or at all even. But understand that the snowmobile clubs work very hard on land owner relationships that can easily be ruined by dirt bikes and atvs. All it takes is one land owner to call and revoke permission for an entire trail to be closed, even if the trail is miles long and that portion on their land is only 100 yards. Many land owners don't mind snowmobiles because they do little damage to the ground. Also, many just kind of tolerate them for the winter.

THIS

Better a Racer for a moment then a spectator your whole life!

Posted by Jane in BoxChat
    Jaynnus - I can't regret what I don't remember

Originally Posted by gmdboston
    Guys, its Maine. The waitresses have more tits, than teeth......

Thanks for the input. I was previously informed that people are huge sticklers with the snowmobile trails and not to ride on them... and I get the not step on peoples toes because a lot of the land that is used is privately owned... I've seen that link before and definitely will be checking those areas out but there has to trails that people ride db and atvs on that are closer which is my main point. Where are these trails?!

rides bikes

Quote Originally Posted by MHenry600 View Post
    NH is a bit of a different animal than MA. There are some legal places in NH to go dirty riding, and if you know areas there are some hidden ones (not necessarily legal) to use too. This should give you a good idea of the legal ones in NH. Just read through for the ones that are ATV only or ATV+Dirt Bike.
    The New Hampshire Division of Parks and Recreation : Trail Information
    Thanks man! Are there any harder trails that are open up there? I just watched some videos of those trails on YouTube and it looks like I could take my wife's Nissan Cube down most of those dirt roads. Any good, tight, technical single track open in NH?

Quote Originally Posted by CJordan109 View Post
    Thanks for the input. I was previously informed that people are huge sticklers with the snowmobile trails and not to ride on them...
    There are also laws enforcing no ATVs on snowmobile trails in most states, just FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by nick5446 View Post
    Thanks man! Are there any harder trails that are open up there? I just watched some videos of those trails on YouTube and it looks like I could take my wife's Nissan Cube down most of those dirt roads. Any good, tight, technical single track open in NH?
    Hop/Ev has a couple of technical single track trails. Ripped them on Saturday and with a lot of down trees it was even more challenging then normal. Then and soft snow, kept things interesting.

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yknot View Post
    Hop/Ev has a couple of technical single track trails. Ripped them on Saturday and with a lot of down trees it was even more challenging then normal. Then and soft snow, kept things interesting.
    you son of a bitch. i actually had saturday off

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

You wouldnt have made it without spikes, pretty slick up there.

CCS #68
    2016 Husky FS450
    Huge thanks for all the support from MotoSport

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

you dont get to tell me what i can and cant do old man!

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports