Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

off road events/orgs

Re: off road events/orgs

No. But pass on lighted bikes with no titles, unless you're comfortable doing the vt thing.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Got it

Lifer

sicassracing.com

Don't bother with your dealer. The Sicass kits are quality bits and way easier than trying to hodge-podge a pile of mismatched OE bits together.

Quote Originally Posted by Petorius View Post
    Tell me more. I am getting impatient looking for a 200. There is a 520 not far from me. Too heavy?
    I'm a little late with this response but I would skip the 520. The newer platform is the 500 and it has a lot of improvements over the previous generation. It's certainly not a beginner's platform but if you have good throttle control, you can pull it off. Upper 50s for horsepower can get you in trouble quickly in the woods if you aren't careful.

The other upside to the 4T is fuel mileage. I was getting just shy of double the fuel mileage on my 500 4T than Bubba was on his 200 2T during a ride we did together.

"...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    this was me a few years ago. thought for sure i wanted a 250 4T but chip talked me into a 2T 300. my experience with 2Ts was limited but i knew a 250 2T was an animal so i was hesitant.
    i bought a 03 300EXC 2T and was amazed when i rode it for the first time. its a diesel truck. it has this weird low RPM torque that defies everything youve ever known about a 2T. 2nd gear walking speed...twist the right grip and just chugs out of it. getting it "on the pipe" seems to be way up in the RPMs and when you get it there it pulls the front wheel and then youre like "oh ya...2 stroke". riding through the woods, i rarely see that side of it because im old, slow, and have only ridden offroad half a dozen times. i cruise around clough in 2nd gear at a pace that nears the limit of my comfort zone and skill.
    2 strokes are 2 strokes...unless they are made by KTM.
    get a 300...you wont be sorry.
    Can one of these orange bikes be used for MX as well, or are the suspension setups too different to bother? I mean to take it out on a course, not to compete..

yup, it will be fine.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Beta 200RR

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

i would say, to just rip around and have fun? sure. probably not really suited for hucking triples but i have no clue what these things are capable of

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by typeone View Post
    yup, it will be fine.
    Thanks mate. What are the more popular places in Mass to learn MX?

Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    Thanks mate. What are the more popular places in Mass to learn MX?
    Wareham MX, Crow Hill MX, Southwick MX338 'The Wick' and Capeway Rovers MX are prob the most popular in MA. i've ridden Crow Hill and MX338 a bunch, haven't been to the others yet but have friends that frequent. all four of these tracks are novice friendly.

Beta 200RR

Quote Originally Posted by typeone View Post
    Wareham MX, Crow Hill MX, Southwick MX338 'The Wick' and Capeway Rovers MX are prob the most popular in MA. i've ridden Crow Hill and MX338 a bunch, haven't been to the others yet but have friends that frequent. all four of these tracks are novice friendly.
    Cheers. I owe you a beer!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    Cheers. I owe you a beer!
    mmm, i do love beer

Beta 200RR

For all the other bros in the market, I went and checked this one out. He has it registered but no title. 17 year old kid. I passed.

Road registerd Ktm 200xcw need gone

Update- Now he says he will have the title in hand later this week. Gotta think harder about this.

Issues with the bike- front brake is not working, lever pulls right to the bar. He says he just bled it and might have forgotten to tighten up a bleed nipple. I am suspicious that it may be a seal. It is also leaking oil from somewhere low on the motor. Either the shifter, countershaft, or where the cases come together. We couldnt get the skid plate off to look under the motor because of stripped screws, and it was hard to pinpoint exactly where it was coming from. Not a crazy leak, but the whole bottom of the case was covered in a thin layer. Also, spooge coming out from where the expansion pipe fits into the cylinder head. I dont know shit about 2 strokes, not sure if that is normal or not. He also said he has been mixing it at 40:1, which doesnt seem right. And it needs tires.

So, how concerned should I be about the oil leak? Lets assume its not the shifter or countershaft seals, and I have to split the cases and replace that gasket. Big deal? Its a good price for a titled 08 200xcw.

I saw a plated 01 cr250 for 2500 at the enduro today.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Issues with the bike- front brake is not working, lever pulls right to the bar. He says he just bled it and might have forgotten to tighten up a bleed nipple. I am suspicious that it may be a seal. It is also leaking oil from somewhere low on the motor. Either the shifter, countershaft, or where the cases come together. We couldnt get the skid plate off to look under the motor because of stripped screws, and it was hard to pinpoint exactly where it was coming from. Not a crazy leak, but the whole bottom of the case was covered in a thin layer. Also, spooge coming out from where the expansion pipe fits into the cylinder head. I dont know shit about 2 strokes, not sure if that is normal or not. He also said he has been mixing it at 40:1, which doesnt seem right. And it needs tires.
    Very nice bike every thing is tight and straight has all the guards and is registerd and insured needs nothing
    hmm, 1 + 1 doh not equals 2 i guesses

we couldn't get the skid plate off, now that's funny. i'd keep looking. (but spooge is nothing)

Beta 200RR

Update- Now he says he will have the title in hand later this week. Gotta think harder about this.

So, how concerned should I be about the oil leak? Lets assume its not the shifter or countershaft seals, and I have to split the cases and replace that gasket. Big deal? Its a good price for a titled 08 200xcw.
    Worse case on the front brake is that you need a new master and caliper. $X00 on eBay for that. 250 for new tires. Those seals are easy. But a rebuilt motor is about 1000. Expect it needs new brake pads and other misc stuff a few Hundred for that. Then another few hundred to refresh the suspenders.

If it's a really good price go for it and get the bike right. Otherwise expect it will be a bit clapped out needing all of those things eventually.

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

Obviously if he forgot a bleed nipple, there should be brake fluid everywhere. I don't know those bikes from Adam but it sounds like it hasn't been that well maintained. If it were me I'd either low-ball it or move on. I've bought too much stuff for too much money and then spent too much time fixing it...

Having 1 thing wrong is fine or even 2 things but at least 3 worries me a little!

I heard someone was looking for a bike, friend at work has an 03 KDX asking $1650.
    Shoot me a pm if interested and I'll get the details. Adult owned, he frequents Hop Ev.

2001 Silver ZX-12R... RIP
    2005 KDX 200

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

ill say this. when i took my 300 out to move the front brake lever went to the bar. worked fine last time i rode it. i fiddled a bit with it and tried to pump it up but it didnt get any better. several weeks later i got a chance to look into it. i popped the cover off and found the fluid to not only be full but clean i pulled the lever a few times and a couple bubbles came out and now its working fine. i was all ready to order a rebuild kit for the master but it just kind of came out of it.
    i dont know if the same will happen with the one you were looking at but i figured id throw in my $.02

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Did you crash and end up with the handle bars lower than the calipers? You can get an air bubble in the line from that.

"...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

As some of you may know, I'm kind of a pussy. The KTM 200s really just seemed a bit excessive each time I rode one. Unexpected wheelies, high potential for disastrous whiskey throttle, etc. I rode a bone stock KDX 220 last night, loved the mellow power. No unexpected power wheelies, but it'll do it if I want. So I bought it! Not the best race bike, I know, but it should do the trick for now. My buddy did a Jday sprint enduro on a DR650, so how bad can it be on a KDX?

10/31 there's one in RI too. 2- 1/2hr motos. You got this.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    10/31 there's one in RI too. 2- 1/2hr motos. You got this.
    I'll be away that weekend and the next. I'll try to talk some of my slow friends into the Toys for Tots ride. Is that pretty much it for events this year? Not that I care, I'm in terrible shape and would probably struggle in a long event at the moment.

Lifer

I'll try to talk some of my slow friends into the Toys for Tots ride.
    That event was pretty fun last year. If you'll be there, maybe I'll make an effort to go as well.

Grats on the new ride. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Yes, tft is usually the last netra event of the season. I'm not sure what Johnny has on his schedule beyond Halloween and the sprint that was originally supposed to be in wateham.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast