Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

After 3 years of a cheap piggyback, went with a GET ECU

After 3 years of a cheap piggyback, went with a GET ECU

Piggyback died, wasn't gonna buy another (booster plug)

Buy once cry once?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: After 3 years of a cheap piggyback, went with a GET ECU

sucks the piggy died but you (most likely) made a good choice with the GET. what did the piggyback provide? just better running or you custom tuned?

i'm itching to score the VHM kit for the 200 that uses a GET ECU. 530 clams though. grrrr. supposed to add a shitload of punch to the little bike.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Beta 200RR

Quote Originally Posted by typeone View Post
    sucks the piggy died but you (most likely) made a good choice with the GET. what did the piggyback provide? just better running or you custom tuned?

i'm itching to score the VHM kit for the 200 that uses a GET ECU. 530 clams though. grrrr. supposed to add a shitload of punch to the little bike.
    It was a booster plug, like $200. The excf is street legal, and super lean stock for emissions, so it just hooks up inline with your IAT sensor and has an external temp probe and fattens the bike up across the whole range. I was quite happy with it, it got rid of the awful flameouts the bike does stock at low RPM. Initial thought on the GET, is it is a lot smoother and more powerful, but we still have snow here so couldn't test too much. The GET does seem punchy just off idle, but I havent figured out how to calibrate the TPS yet. The directions and online videos are all contradictory. It does have a WIFI module so I can mess with the bike from my phone! the map switch is kinda cool too, map 1 is all out, and map 2 is enduro, and you can customize them to whatever you want. The GET comes with maps, but the compay I got mine from provides their own custom maps. (HP Race Development)

Southwick is this weekend!!!!!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    It was a booster plug, like $200. The excf is street legal, and super lean stock for emissions, so it just hooks up inline with your IAT sensor and has an external temp probe and fattens the bike up across the whole range. I was quite happy with it, it got rid of the awful flameouts the bike does stock at low RPM. Initial thought on the GET, is it is a lot smoother and more powerful, but we still have snow here so couldn't test too much. The GET does seem punchy just off idle, but I havent figured out how to calibrate the TPS yet. The directions and online videos are all contradictory. It does have a WIFI module so I can mess with the bike from my phone! the map switch is kinda cool too, map 1 is all out, and map 2 is enduro, and you can customize them to whatever you want. The GET comes with maps, but the compay I got mine from provides their own custom maps. (HP Race Development)
    sweet, sounds like you'll be able to dial just fine. VHM does the same, provides their own maps, they have a head insert as well to match.

Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    Southwick is this weekend!!!!!
    spring season kicking off quick, just saw the flyer. you all entering?

Beta 200RR

Quote Originally Posted by typeone View Post
    sweet, sounds like you'll be able to dial just fine. VHM does the same, provides their own maps, they have a head insert as well to match.

spring season kicking off quick, just saw the flyer. you all entering?
    We weren't.... but the weather is looking like mid 60s and sunny, so I believe we are going! Its a solid 9 hour round trip drive and we have to stay in a hotel in Springfield, so it does have its challenges. I need to spoon off my sons studded tires this week too , and those minis are a real bitch.

awesome! yeah, tough to find a decent spot to crash around there with full family in tow. we did a fleabag a few times for Stimilon, but i don't recommend. wife would not approve

hear you on mini tire swaps, the worst! i was amazed i didn't pinch a tube installing on the new 14/12 setup. i'm usually prepared to do the job twice. hahaa.

Beta 200RR

weather is back to 38% chance of PM rain, grrrr