Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Short notice 2/15/010 Trail cutting help and ride

Wirelessly posted (TELECA-/2.0 (BREW 3.1.5; U; EN-US; SAMSUNG; SPH-M810; Teleca/Q05A/INT) MMP/2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Im thinking Sunday would be best. I want to watch the F1 race. I think its over by 10am but Ill have to check to be sure. Its also supposed to be rainy all weekend so we will have to keep an eye on that too.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    James

Re: Short notice 2/15/010 Trail cutting help and ride

Yeah, I'm thinking it's going to be a wash for this weekend. Even if it cleared up some for Sunday, with the amount of rain they are calling for, everything will be soup again anyways

Yamaha

This is going to take a while to dry out! This is for the most part, a very dry peice of property...but I took a walk just before sunset and there were little rivers flowing everywhere. That was 3 hours ago and it's been pouring since, and 2 more days of rain in the forcast. May have to build a bridge, or 3

Yamaha

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    This is going to take a while to dry out! This is for the most part, a very dry peice of property...but I took a walk just before sunset and there were little rivers flowing everywhere. That was 3 hours ago and it's been pouring since, and 2 more days of rain in the forcast. May have to build a bridge, or 3
    So short course hare scramble next Sunday?

James

Wirelessly posted (TELECA-/2.0 (BREW 3.1.5; U; EN-US; SAMSUNG; SPH-M810; Teleca/Q05A/INT) MMP/2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Some trail cutting and burn in this weekend? Weather looks good

James

Quote Originally Posted by union View Post
    Some trail cutting and burn in this weekend? Weather looks good
    Gonna have a house full of guests this weekend so trail work is out. I've been picking at the work a little each day and there's only 2 more tree's that need to go, and a couple stumps. I may call this section complete for now, but if you're still into it in a couple weeks, I wouldn't mind starting on the single track side

Yamaha

Gonna have a house full of guests this weekend so trail work is out. I've been picking at the work a little each day and there's only 2 more tree's that need to go, and a couple stumps. I may call this section complete for now, but if you're still into it in a couple weeks, I wouldn't mind starting on the single track side
    Chances are Ill be up for it Maybe Ill try to get out a bit this weekend in my backyard

James

Well things were looking good until today. The standing water was almost gone in the soupy holes, then it had to rain pretty good again today
    Also the main central trail is under construction, I made a stone bridge in a low area where the water runs, and did some excavation in the same area to bury some rocks. The area before the new bridge had washed out anyways in the big rains 2 weeks ago, so i dug a hole and used that dirt to fix the trail and filled the hole with rocks. A week of dry weather may do the trick

Yamaha

Well things were looking good until today. The standing water was almost gone in the soupy holes, then it had to rain pretty good again today
    Also the main central trail is under construction, I made a stone bridge in a low area where the water runs, and did some excavation in the same area to bury some rocks. The area before the new bridge had washed out anyways in the big rains 2 weeks ago, so i dug a hole and used that dirt to fix the trail and filled the hole with rocks. A week of dry weather may do the trick
    Nice. We have some dry weather coming up it looks. In the mean time come out to the hare scramble on Sunday

James

Quote Originally Posted by union View Post
    Nice. We have some dry weather coming up it looks. In the mean time come out to the hare scramble on Sunday
    I've been giving hair scrambles some thought, I'll proabbly try Barns Way and/or WoodsoCross

Yamaha

I'm back at it again Cutting single track trail is MUCH faster than cutting trail wide enough for a quad. I want some variety so now it's single track time. Started some last weekend and so far have close to 3/4 of a mile of fresh single track cut, and another 1/2-3/4 mile more layed out and ready to cut. I "think" I can still fit another 2 miles, maybe more on the land I have left..though it will involve some extreme rock gardens.
    I may host a fall workparty/ride weekend soon to get this done..and more importantly to burn in the new sections

:edit: the section I layed out after work today is VERY VERY rocky..but there is a line

Yamaha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12