Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i shouldn't have done that...

Just Registered

i shouldn't have done that...

Yesterday I went to the hunting and fishing expo with my buddy at the DCU center in Worcester. We get back to his house and he has his ATV with the plow attachment sitting there. He's been trying to convince me to get an ATV for a while. He has a 4x4 Yamaha Bruin 350. He let me rip around his yard for a bit, and I was having so much fun that I plowed his driveway for him, which oddly enough I REALLY enjoyed..

Then today we went down to the Bass Pro shop in Foxboro and looked at more of them in addition to TONS of other cool stuff…

And now I’m on arctic cat’s website looking at 4x4’s.. A 366 or 400 should be enough for driveway plowing duty and some woods fun right?? OH man I want one so bad…

I really shouldn’t have gotten on his Bruin yesterday…

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: i shouldn't have done that...

I have an '07 Arctic Cat 400 (among others) that I primarily use for yardwork & shit. I can't say enough good about it. I've only had one problem plowing with it (about an inch of ice on top of 8 inches of snow). I've used it for hauling shit, pulling docks in & outta the lake, skidding trees, winching trees, pulling trees over, pulling a Ford 150, winching other quads, etc. Very surprising, ute-wise for a 400. The two 'Cat dealerships I've visited lately don't like the 366. Neither can understand why they even have it and both claim very limited accesories for it. The only thing I don't like about the new 400's is they only come with CVT's. I'm personally not a fan - I FAR prefer to shift myself. At least my '07 has a gearbox, but it's still an auto-clutch. If I had to do it all over today, I'd go with the 500 over the 400. If for nothing else, because you can still get a gearbox with the 500. Once you get above the 500's, the prices unjustifiably jump. I have absolutely no regrets about getting the 400. The money I saved going with a mid-weight helped me get my new Raptor...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Just Registered

Thanks Stoney. I've seen your setup before. Very nice. i came up with Biggity to pick up the trailer he bought. So many toys...so little money...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Daytona440 View Post
    Thanks Stoney. I've seen your setup before. Very nice. i came up with Biggity to pick up the trailer he bought. So many toys...so little money...LOL
    Oh yeah, no shit! How is that trailer doing?

Just Registered

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    Oh yeah, no shit! How is that trailer doing?
    worked awesome!

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

if you get a ATV and then get a plow...make sure you get the set up to use the winch. that plow gets heavy if youre using the manual method.

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    if you get a ATV and then get a plow...make sure you get the set up to use the winch. that plow gets heavy if youre using the manual method.

no way dude! what happens when your winch or electric actuator dies in the middle of plowing? i always ran a manual, its faster and its not that hard to lift! my warn shit the bed twice on me and i hardly ever used it.

you get that wet heavy snow that sticks to the blade...uuuuggghhhh!

TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    you get that wet heavy snow that sticks to the blade...uuuuggghhhh!
    wax the blade!

I've been plowing with my quad for two winters now and've never had a problem with the winch. Everyone says that manuals are that much quicker, but I don't get it. It takes the winch all of about a full second to lift the plow from the ground up to the stop. How much quicker can the hand lever be? How much quicker does it need to be? Maybe it'll shit out on me someday, but it's been perfect so far. I can't understand this debate...

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    wax the blade!
    whoa whoa! guys shouldnt say that to other guys...even if its over the inteweb

I've been plowing with my quad for two winters now and've never had a problem with the winch. Everyone says that manuals are that much quicker, but I don't get it. It takes the winch all of about a full second to lift the plow from the ground up to the stop. How much quicker can the hand lever be? How much quicker does it need to be? Maybe it'll shit out on me someday, but it's been perfect so far. I can't understand this debate...
    whats not to understand? electric doo hickies break once in awhile or wear out and knowing my luck it would be in the middle of a fuckin blizzard. i've used both and can have a manual blade at its highest point in about half a second by pulling the giant handle. when you have to plow for two hours and drop the blade 2000 times the time it takes to raise and lower adds up. oh and 1 second to raise your blade? you have a truck winch on that cat?! everyone i've used takes 3 to 5 seconds from ground to full up position. plus fumbling for the switch with winter gloves on is a PITA. but like you said jay the debate will go on...and on...

oh and ox

whats not to understand? electric doo hickies break once in awhile or wear out and knowing my luck it would be in the middle of a fuckin blizzard. i've used both and can have a manual blade at its highest point in about half a second by pulling the giant handle. when you have to plow for two hours and drop the blade 2000 times the time it takes to raise and lower adds up. oh and 1 second to raise your blade? you have a truck winch on that cat?! everyone i've used takes 3 to 5 seconds from ground to full up position. plus fumbling for the switch with winter gloves on is a PITA. but like you said jay the debate will go on...and on...

oh and ox
    Ya fuggin' KAK!

Admittedly, my timing method was very unscientific by simply counting one-thousand-one, then bam! Hit the stop. It's a 2500 lb. Warn. If you're left 'fumbling for the switch', then you're an idiot. It's that BIG thumb switch, right there. That's right, the one that's marked 'up' and 'down'...

But as we said, the argument will go on. I've personally never had a problem yet. Until I do, I like my way. Plus, I think it safe to say that I'm not sure I know ANYBODY that wants to do 2000 (your words) left-arm curls in 2 hours. Then again, I know what I'm doing. In the 2 hours it takes me to plow, I only drop my blade MAYBE 20 times. Perhaps THAT'S your problem?

Ya fuggin' KAK!

Admittedly, my timing method was very unscientific by simply counting one-thousand-one, then bam! Hit the stop. It's a 2500 lb. Warn. If you're left 'fumbling for the switch', then you're an idiot. It's that BIG thumb switch, right there. That's right, the one that's marked 'up' and 'down'...

But as we said, the argument will go on. I've personally never had a problem yet. Until I do, I like my way. Plus, I think it safe to say that I'm not sure I know ANYBODY that wants to do 2000 (your words) left-arm curls in 2 hours. Then again, I know what I'm doing. In the 2 hours it takes me to plow, I only drop my blade MAYBE 20 times. Perhaps THAT'S your problem?
    how do you plow for two hours and drop you blade 20 times? last i was at your house (summer 05 i think) i didn't notice your driveway was 5000 ft long. 2000 was a stretch but my old driveway was HUGE. i'm only half retarded but fuck that stupid ass switch. with my gloves on i'd hit the kill switch or highlight switch instead. with the manual stick i could not even look and yank it!

oh and i'm fuckin right and your wrong so

No, you're wrong! If you hafta LOOK at a switch that's the size of a nickel and sits less than an inch from your thumb, then you are COMPLETELY retarded!

I don't just do my driveway. Or maybe not what you remember as my driveway. My 'driveway' now includes the entire area behind and around the garage too. I also try to do the entire backyard now, all the way to the lake (we have no more 'woods' back there, it's all been cleared). Basically, I plow everything that doesn't have grass now - which is almost my entire yard. I also usually end up doing the road from my house down to the main road. If I drop the plow more than 20 times, it ain't much more. 4 or 5 swipes on the driveway, MAYBE 10 out back, then a handful doing the road...

As wrong as you are, I can't believe we're still arguing about this!

No, you're wrong! If you hafta LOOK at a switch that's the size of a nickel and sits less than an inch from your thumb, then you are COMPLETELY retarded!

I don't just do my driveway. Or maybe not what you remember as my driveway. My 'driveway' now includes the entire area behind and around the garage too. I also try to do the entire backyard now, all the way to the lake (we have no more 'woods' back there, it's all been cleared). Basically, I plow everything that doesn't have grass now - which is almost my entire yard. I also usually end up doing the road from my house down to the main road. If I drop the plow more than 20 times, it ain't much more. 4 or 5 swipes on the driveway, MAYBE 10 out back, then a handful doing the road...

As wrong as you are, I can't believe we're still arguing about this!

i'm not tard'ed, you tard'ed!
    this argument will continue till you admitt i'm 100% right!

nickel sized switch? the warn set-up i used was smaller. maybe there bigger now?
    a member on here has the prairie with the winch/plow set-up i've used. now i have to go over his house and look at again!

i'm not tard'ed, you tard'ed!
    this argument will continue till you admitt i'm 100% right!

nickel sized switch? the warn set-up i used was smaller. maybe there bigger now?
    a member on here has the prairie with the winch/plow set-up i've used. now i have to go over his house and look at again!
    NO! YOU WILL COME LOOK AT *MY* SET UP! Then, and only then will you admit YOU are wrong...

Oh, and Prairies are for fairies. There, now I've done it...

NO! YOU WILL COME LOOK AT *MY* SET UP! Then, and only then will you admit YOU are wrong...

Oh, and Prairies are for fairies. There, now I've done it...

unless i'm talking to my wife i'm NEVER wrong!

artic kitty should have stuck to snowmobiles in the first place! half of them have 'zuki or kawi engines anyways!

when i get mine this year we will have to have a plow off. i'll have the superior manual set-up you have the bitchy little push button set-up.

unless i'm talking to my wife i'm NEVER wrong!

artic kitty should have stuck to snowmobiles in the first place! half of them have 'zuki or kawi engines anyways!

when i get mine this year we will have to have a plow off. i'll have the superior manual set-up you have the bitchy little push button set-up.
    Once again, you are WRONG. You can't beat the Pussies for ute-quads...

Once again, you are WRONG. You can't beat the Pussies for ute-quads...

yeah the cat 650 h2 with the kawi prairie v-twin motor.

yeah the cat 650 h2 with the kawi prairie v-twin motor.
    HA! Got me, KIND OF. I'm pretty sure the H motor, the 700 motor and the Thunder Whatever motor are all of Arctic Cat's own making now. None the less, I love what Arctic Cat's put around my Zook 400 air-cooled motor!

HA! Got me, KIND OF. I'm pretty sure the H motor, the 700 motor and the Thunder Whatever motor are all of Arctic Cat's own making now. None the less, I love what Arctic Cat's put around my Zook 400 air-cooled motor!

650 h1=cat, 650 h2= kawi, the rest is cat or zuki. soon there going to be all cat i believe.

really there all good except maybe polaris. i just can't get with there styling.

650 h1=cat, 650 h2= kawi, the rest is cat or zuki. soon there going to be all cat i believe.

really there all good except maybe polaris. i just can't get with there styling.
    Polaris & Can Am seem to have quite their share of problems lately. And given their (BRP) outrageous prices, I'd expect quite a bit more. For my money, I'll take an Arctic Cat any ol' day. Oh, wait. I did!

Polaris & Can Am seem to have quite their share of problems lately. And given their (BRP) outrageous prices, I'd expect quite a bit more. For my money, I'll take an Arctic Cat any ol' day. Oh, wait. I did!
    can am is jackass, i'm not paying 12g's for a four wheeler. polaris is hit or miss. get a good one it lasts for years, no problems. then get one thats in the shop more than the trails. i've pulled two off the trails in the past.

ive never used the big handle version, the one i had to use was the gay lever on the fender (i think)..i know it wasnt the big handle. that could possibly work OK. now if there was a way turn the blade left and right with out getting off the bike...maybe if i wax the blade

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast