Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Spent the day packing down a trail...

Spent the day packing down a trail...

I couldn't stand hanging around the house anymore and figured with all the rain and warm temps, it may be a good chance to pack down some snow. With the help of a tractor and the quad, I'm now able to use 1/4 mile of trail again
    I kinda wish I had a sled to make some passes on, because the way the snow was today, it'd pack down perfect and refreeze..then it'd be ice riding
    Only problem is, if a wheel catches the snowbank, you're done...like at the 3:20 mark.
    I had the camera mounted to the tank, lots of vibration as you can tell by the sound

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEwgVX9yqpk

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

Re: Spent the day packing down a trail...

sweeet...another aid to get through the winter, much thanks

but that is f'in mint...I would be out every weekend if I had a snow track in the back!

were you riding this with the ice studs? based on threads I've read on TT, I'm partially convinced that some 1" long (or longer??) carriage bolts on your rear tires would give you more deep snow traction

and holy roar @ 4:25!

Expert Novice "Dangerous" Dan K's Avatar

Where's yamaha blvd? I have a couple sleds

Quote Originally Posted by breakdirt916 View Post
    sweeet...another aid to get through the winter, much thanks

but that is f'in mint...I would be out every weekend if I had a snow track in the back!

were you riding this with the ice studs? based on threads I've read on TT, I'm partially convinced that some 1" long (or longer??) carriage bolts on your rear tires would give you more deep snow traction

and holy roar @ 4:25!
    I wish I could use all 4 miles of it, but that's all i had the nergy to pack down that day. With a little luck, most may be ridable with the quad by next weekend..assuming the forcasted temps in the next week are accurate.
    No studs or screws, just regular knobby tires.
    One thign I've already learned with these videos, the camera does grade changes no justice. While that roar at the 4:25 mark isn't huge, it is one of the steeper grades on my property.
    With a quad, I don't think any length stud would help in this depth of snow. The snow simply builds up under the quad and keeps the wheels from digging for traction.

Quote Originally Posted by "Dangerous" Dan K View Post
    Where's yamaha blvd? I have a couple sleds
    RI/CT line and you'll find Yamaha Blvd Supposed to warm up quite a bit, but if you want to try, let me know. it's rocky!

Yamaha

Expert Novice "Dangerous" Dan K's Avatar

Way too far for me bud. I'm on the MA/NH line on the coast. Was worth asking.

would a snowmobile replace the process of clearing a trail through the snow?

if so, does that mean I can have a track made in 10 minutes instead of 10 hours??

Last edited by breakdirt916; 02-13-11 at 09:30 PM.