Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Sport Quads...

Sport Quads...

I've had soooo much fookin' fun on my utility 4-wheeler that I'm SERIOUSLY thinking of adding a sporty one. I've been extremely happy with the Arctic Cats we bought over the winter, so I'm leaning toward the Arctic Cat DVX 400. All the new 400's seem pretty evenly matched and they're all pretty much priced within a coupla hundred $$ of each other...

What do ya'll have for sporty-type quads? R7 need not respond, I already know your reply...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Sport Quads...

only exp. i've had is with a 400ex and is it pretty fun....and for sale $1800

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Sport Quads...

Quote Originally Posted by bigred875 View Post
    only exp. i've had is with a 400ex and is it pretty fun....and for sale $1800
    Really? Can you PM me pics & info?

Sport Quads...

KTM is coming out with a all new sporty with the 525 motor in it

I know you don't want me to reply..but when do I listen to anyone anyways

Sport quads and MX quads are classed the same, careful what you look for..I know you're gonna be more into trail riding than MX. And honestly, nothing even comes close to what the Yamaha Raptor 700 EFI is capable of. I've had mine for almost 2 years and it still amazes me when I hop on it..it's perfect

Yamaha

Sport Quads...

it's an 01....asking 2250 but will take 1800 for a quick sale....it has nerf bars and an aftermarket skidplate. an extra set of rims and tires from a newer 400ex with better tread. it is in meduim shape cosmetically and good shape mechanically. Starts right up and runs all day. the bars are slighty tweaked from flipping over while doing donuts in the dirt...other then that it hasnt been knocked over since i've had it...

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

....................... PinHead's Avatar

Sport Quads...

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    KTM is coming out with a all new sporty with the 525 motor in it

I know you don't want me to reply..but when do I listen to anyone anyways

Sport quads and MX quads are classed the same, careful what you look for..I know you're gonna be more into trail riding than MX. And honestly, nothing even comes close to what the Yamaha Raptor 700 EFI is capable of. I've had mine for almost 2 years and it still amazes me when I hop on it..it's perfect
    The Polaris Outlaw is a sport quad with that KTM motor R7 speaks of. It was a joint venture from Polaris and KTM.

2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2003 Harley Softail Deuce

Sport Quads...

the dvx is a rebadged zuki z400. i had a z400, good solid quad. you really can't go wrong with any of the 400's as you said.

when you were looking for a ute i stressed that a big bore was the way to go for this reason. as fun as a little 4x4 can be the big one's are just awesome. rip up jumps, wheelies, etc.. once i got my prairie 650 my 400 sat collecting dust. i've ridden with other sport quads while on my prairie and they couldn't lose me.

anyways. i would look for a used one, they can be had cheap as some kid always needs the money for there first car or something.

Sport Quads...

I owned a EX400 and for everyday fun you just can't beat it. I literally beat the crap out of it and it just kept asking for more. Yeah they do lack the special power but are still fun and extremely dependable. The suzuki's have a tendancy for cracked frames when ridden "Hard" (Out of 4 people I know who had them all 4 cracked). I don't have any experience with the Artic Cats or Kawasaki's. I personally did not like the size of the raptor. Yeah the power is insane but I liked to be able to throw around my 400 and I just did not get the same feel from the raptor.

Sport Quads...

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    The Polaris Outlaw is a sport quad with that KTM motor R7 speaks of. It was a joint venture from Polaris and KTM.
    That's not the one I'm talking about. KTM canned all it's efforts with polaris and built a all new sport/MX quad. I should have some nice live pictures of it's intro in August, I got a pretty sweet invite for that

Reverse is a MUST if you're into trail riding..keep that in mind

Yamaha

A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. - John Stuart Mill

Sport Quads...

Quote Originally Posted by bigred875 View Post

it's an 01....asking 2250 but will take 1800 for a quick sale....it has nerf bars and an aftermarket skidplate. an extra set of rims and tires from a newer 400ex with better tread. it is in meduim shape cosmetically and good shape mechanically. Starts right up and runs all day. the bars are slighty tweaked from flipping over while doing donuts in the dirt...other then that it hasnt been knocked over since i've had it...
    Check yer PM's...

Sport Quads...

'98 banshee.

sending the motor out tomorrow for complete tear down (new pistons, seals, bearings, and crank welded). and of course a mx/trail port.

i can't friggin wait.

08 LTR LE

CRBM / lid removed
    Dasa
    Fox Evol / Podium X
    Pro Taper ATV mid bend / hand guards
    +2 Houser stem
    Precision stabilizer / Shock & Vibe
    Pro Armor kill switch
    Rath nerfs / bumper / rear grab
    Quad tech mx low