Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

stator went

stator went

First day of the first annual compound party... Dead stator!

Thanks big time to Trouble for letting me test my abilities as a traitor on his green thumper.

Hopefully finding a good used one today.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: stator went

Is the new one expensive? if yours only lasted three years id go new unless they are big $$.

LRRS #951
    My girlfriend wants to be like me when she grows up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pittenger5 View Post
    Sometimes violence IS the answer. The answer every other time is busa.

Glad to have someone shake down the bike for me. Thanks a ton for the good times and good luck with the stator!

LRRS EX #7
    Low Down Racing
    - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Computrack Boston - Lifeproof -

Get a new one yet? Thanks again bud. you did an awsome job on the track

Quote Originally Posted by 6 Fingered Man View Post
    Is the new one expensive? if yours only lasted three years id go new unless they are big $$.
    I don't mind buying used, I've parted bikes out - gotta keep the salvage business going! haha. Buuut... my computer froze up while bidding in the last minute for the used '07 stator!

I ended up buying a cheap one ($70) from an after market company... I guess I can be a guinea pig on it. Right now, $70 and some risk is better than $186 (heavily discounted oem cost) and some risk. The part # has changed 3 or 4 times on the stator, so my confidence in OEM really isn't any higher than an aftermarket company... The aftermarket one has 20% more power.

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Glad to have someone shake down the bike for me. Thanks a ton for the good times and good luck with the stator!
    Dude, the thing rocks! starts easy hot & cold, was super strong. I think my lowside on the flat track may have curled your clutch lever a little more than when I got it - I may have one that fits... If not, I'll order one up.

Only thing I noticed was some coolant smell... Could have been the scorching day & overflow, but after repairing Mike's radiator, and seeing previous repairs, I will say the bars pull away from the end tanks pretty easily on those, it's possible there's a hairline at one of the seams (baby powder on the lower end tank will easily identify that). I didn't see any coolant.

Quote Originally Posted by improvedfd View Post
    Get a new one yet? Thanks again bud. you did an awsome job on the track
    Bought one last night as described above... aftermarket $70, 20% more power... I will report back on manufacturer and performance once I have some hours on it. I bought a lighting stator for one of my 450's (the anniversary one with marchesinis), and it lasted about 15 miles... It's more than likely a rectifier issue on the yami's IMO. '10 + have a new stator... More reason to upgrade right!?!?!

Thanks for compliments on the track, I'm glad everybody was able to get in the groove There's a chance it will include a super table top or double in the open field next year, and a better chance it will have an over under. I'd like some help widening the existing track another 2 ft all around, which will include dropping some larger trees (and some much needed firewood).

Good to hear you picked up a new one. Hopefully I don't experience the same issue. I searched on Thumpertalk and didn't did too many people with the stator issue. I'll try searching under general issues.

As I've said before I'm down to help. After taking the ride I'd rather make a weekend out of it though. Haha.

John

04 KTM 125SX
    05 CBR600RR
    07 KTM 250XC-W

Quote Originally Posted by Kitt View Post
    I think my lowside on the flat track may have curled your clutch lever a little more than when I got it - I may have one that fits... If not, I'll order one up.

Only thing I noticed was some coolant smell... Could have been the scorching day & overflow, but after repairing Mike's radiator, and seeing previous repairs, I will say the bars pull away from the end tanks pretty easily on those, it's possible there's a hairline at one of the seams (baby powder on the lower end tank will easily identify that). I didn't see any coolant.
    Don't worry about the clutch lever. I'm making a list of items needed for the bike and I'll probably order a spare as well when I put in the order.

I'm going to poke around the bike this weekend and I'll add that to my list of things to check. Thanks for the heads-up.

LRRS EX #7
    Low Down Racing

Don't worry about the clutch lever. I'm making a list of items needed for the bike and I'll probably order a spare as well when I put in the order.

I'm going to poke around the bike this weekend and I'll add that to my list of things to check. Thanks for the heads-up.
    What does that thing need!?

Oh - if you're shopping... You may want to try my bike out before making the purchase. My gripper seat makes it a hell of a lot easier to stay put on the bike.

Yours having a bit less "grip" was the first thing I noticed, but I adjusted to it to the point of not noticing after a day of riding... A slippery seat will def. add some fatigue (probably to lower back and/or abs), especially when sliding away from the tank while accelerating out of corners. I am going to start a thread because I'm curious about preference...

Last edited by Kitt; 07-13-11 at 11:01 AM.

Gotta pick up a couple oil filters and maybe some bark busters. I'm sure it's due for an oil change. I'm in no big yank but I know it hasn't been changed yet this year.

LRRS EX #7
    Low Down Racing

Gotta pick up a couple oil filters and maybe some bark busters. I'm sure it's due for an oil change. I'm in no big yank but I know it hasn't been changed yet this year.
    good place to start, dont be afraid to go 2 oil changes on a filter either (once you start fresh).

There was a stupid cheap sale on acerbis at motosport or motorcycle superstore (alum with plastic guards) from like $100-120 on sale for $35