Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Another stolen bike

Re: Another stolen bike

booby trap a glass tank of snakes...they pull off the cover, the tank drops to the ground and shatters open, then bam...well fed snakes

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke:

If you are trying to figure out which Xena disk lock fits your bike, you can download a template, print it out and try it. Very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    Sorry for your loss
    Every time I've gone on a group ride with KTM guys, they've complained the pace is too slow, split off, and gotten lost. A buddy split off with them by mistake and said "When we passed a church for the third time, I knew we had a problem."

So are KTM owners arrogant, impatient and direction-challenged before they buy them, or does owning one make them that way?

Last edited by Garandman; 10-30-13 at 10:15 PM.

Good news, my buddies CRF250 was recovered today in Lakeville. The bike had been re-sold. New owner called Lakeville PD looking to check a VIN to see if the bike was stolen. When told that it was in fact a stolen bike, the kid hung up. A detective knocked on his door shortly thereafter, and convinced him to hand the bike over.

My buddy picks the bike up tomorrow at PD. It sounds like the bike's unharmed, but we'll see tomorrow.

I've watched 2 friends go through this in the last year, and I think they're both extremely lucky. Fortunately, thieves seem to be dumb for the most part.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by slowkermit View Post
    Good news, my buddies CRF250 was recovered today in Lakeville. The bike had been re-sold. New owner called Lakeville PD looking to check a VIN to see if the bike was stolen. When told that it was in fact a stolen bike, the kid hung up. A detective knocked on his door shortly thereafter, and convinced him to hand the bike over.

My buddy picks the bike up tomorrow at PD. It sounds like the bike's unharmed, but we'll see tomorrow.

I've watched 2 friends go through this in the last year, and I think they're both extremely lucky. Fortunately, thieves seem to be dumb for the most part.
    What color and year was it? I saw a few CRF250's that were for sale in Lakeville one was a red 06 and one was a white 07. The prices were kind of too good to be true...

kinda sucks for the kid that just lost that money buying the stolen bike

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Shoulda called before he handed money over.

Lifer

Or at least run the VIN through NICB. But yeah, sucks for him. Hope they catch the fucking thieves..

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    Shoulda called before he handed money over.
    If its the kid I think was trying to sell it then he definitely didn't bother to check the VIN first. He buys and sells all kinds of stuff. Once he tried to trade me a blown up YZ426F for my CR250. Tried to tell me the kick start was tight because it was a new top end. Then the next day I see on facebook that the motor was seizing up. Not cool at all.

The white bike for sale was the one in question, but I'm now thoroughly confused because the story has changed. My buddy has the bike back, and it is still red and black. It now has the number 18 crudely displayed on front and side plates. It was supposedly located in Wareham when the cops got it back. I believe that white bike was stolen as well, just not my friend's bike.

I believe the cops are in the middle of busting up a ring, and thus information is kinda patchy at this point.

If anybody knows who was riding around on a nice CRF for the last month with a large goofy black 18 displayed, we'd love to know!

Quote Originally Posted by LXnastynotch93 View Post
    If its the kid I think was trying to sell it then he definitely didn't bother to check the VIN first. He buys and sells all kinds of stuff. Once he tried to trade me a blown up YZ426F for my CR250. Tried to tell me the kick start was tight because it was a new top end. Then the next day I see on facebook that the motor was seizing up. Not cool at all.
    I'm glad you picked up on it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12