Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61617181920212223242526

street legal 2-strokes

Re: street legal 2-strokes

Just dropped off WR transmission to the shop...they said they'd start it "in the next couple days"

Short of splitting the cases myself and bringing cleaned up case halves with the crankshaft out ready for a rebuild like, I am not sure what else I can do to make it easier for the work to get done...they originally said 2-3 weeks from the time I dropped it off, but that usually means they start it 1-2 weeks later and takes an extra 1-2 weeks to finish it

Here's to hoping they can get it done within 1 month and be done by November 4th weekend for a shake down run...

In the mean time I will get the rest worked on short of the motor

But honestly I am losing a little steam for upgrades...$400 shock + $500 ported cylinder + $200 Baja designs LED headlamp is kind of "meh" to me...Kinda just want a solid bottom end for sure, use my good top end, fresh chain/sprockets/brakes with everything working properly, and maybe budget the shock and ported cylinder next year

Let me get a running bike first. Let's start going on rides as I save up for mods. Already getting a WR gearbox so it will already feel like a new bike

Also the landwhale bearings got me thinking about about maybe R&R all the bearings on the YZ as well. Next year.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by breakdirt916; 10-02-17 at 06:28 PM.
    FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    2007 Suzuki DL650
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke
    instagram/snapchat @cali2smoke

Re: street legal 2-strokes

got a call from the shop yesterday!

they finally got around to splitting the cases and taking a look inside:
    -minus the crank/bearings/debris - everything on the inside looked good. Cases are saved!
    -the WR transmission parts appear to be in good shape as well - hopefully we have all the parts we need to drop them in
    -the crankshaft does need to be mailed out for a rebuild (pretty sure last mechanic said they're unavailable anyways)

their estimated turn around is roughly 2 more weeks...so bike *may* be done by the November 4th weekend for a shakedown run

bad news is my work schedule may not accommodate for me to get the whole weekend off...I may only do LAB2V day one...LA-> barstow

on the other hand, I'm spending WAY less doing this my way right now. I saved $500ish by dropping off the bottom end out of the bike for a rebuild and I will save another $400 just by doing day 1 (day 2 is $150 but then add Vegas hotel + gas)

0 Not allowed!
    FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    2007 Suzuki DL650
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke
    instagram/snapchat @cali2smoke