Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 102021222324252627282930

street legal 2-strokes

Re: street legal 2-strokes

Quote Originally Posted by breakdirt916 View Post
    I can smash on the linkage bearings with a steel hammer and sockets but may actively destroy something on the way
    make your own bearing press, super easy and cheap, there are plenty of how-to's out there.

pullers aren't as easy to make but some auto parts stores rent blind-hole and other pullers that may work... if you even need one.

EDIT: and you don't need a garage, just a table with a sheet of cardboard as your work area after you remove the parts from the bike.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by typeone; 07-16-18 at 09:10 AM.
    Beta 250RR

Hmm...let me see what I can do

But shock is back!!

I was told that the shock was in remarkably good shape for its age as most sharks are pretty beat at this point that are on bikes over 20 years old . Specifically the body was in good shape . Spring rate is 5.2. The service included a new seal piston service a bumper was installed oil recharge and re-valve for dual sport. I threw them an extra 30 bucks and bought them donuts

1 Not allowed!
    FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke
    instagram @cali2t

looks minty ... now throw it back on and measure your sag

0 Not allowed!
    Beta 250RR

working on it now!!

can't wait to ride this thing...never serviced the shock in the 4 years/thousands of miles I've ridden it...gonna feel like a new bike

hoping to get some saddle time after work this weekend in Cleveland National Forest! I may even load up my bike tomorrow so that I will have the bike loaded up, and ready to ride two days later on Saturday

also - in regards to the 1996 linkage resembling a devoll linkage - can you swap it in?

no, you can not

the dogbone length is different...and the knuckle has a different mounting spot (although it will fit into the shock eyelet)

the mechanic that did the shock was also aware of the devoll linkage and said it helped quite a bit...but he mentioned that swapping anything out meant changing the valving the match as quite a bit of dynamics are altered with the linkage. Best I stick to stock and learn a $15 lesson instead of a $500 one.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by breakdirt916; Yesterday at 11:12 PM.
    instagram @cali2t

okay, shock is in!

unfortunately I can't find my service manual so I don't know the torque numbers for the shock bolts...I have read 33-38ft lbs from other bikes, so I used 33 for now and will look around for the manual

I was so excited to see a difference, that without the tank/seat/exhaust mounted, I stood on it and gave it a peg bounce, and rolled it off a familiar curb - no more oscillations, and bike feels nice and firm!

I tried to measure some sag, but reading up it does me no good without the bike fully loaded up, and me completely geared up. It also sucks without a second person...if I had to guess the static sag is roughly 25mm and the race sag is roughly 74mm without anything on it. I will get it all loaded up and check again.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by breakdirt916; Yesterday at 11:17 PM.
    instagram @cali2t