Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162627282930313233343536

street legal 2-strokes

Re: street legal 2-strokes

Rode local for 3ish hours...

you can kinda see the new plate location...I stood behind it & it looked clear enough...maybe even more after I sit on it.

Just need to move the light or throw on a CRF250X tail/brake light

I was still fighting the bike when I started riding, but each short break helped me to loosen up

by the end of the day I was back in the groove

turning the clickers all the way out helped the forks in rocky sections,

it's softer, so it doesn't "shock" your body with initial impact. It also doesn't "bounce" off the rocks as much as it absorbs it, and tracks more straight as a result. Not sure if that's what I'd worry about bottoming out in desert whoops in the desert, but we will see soon and I'll just change the clickers position depending on the riding I'm doing to dial it in.

the new MotoZ tractionator just went on, so the 19" rim goes back on next...will try the 14 or 13t front at that time

when the cylinder comes, I'll take all the plastics off, hand clean the engine/frame, and clean off any potential surface rust/cancer spots and put a little paint or bed liner

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by breakdirt916; 02-05-20 at 10:08 PM.
    FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke: ** 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 500R **
    instagram @veshlife

Hmm?

Quote Originally Posted by millennium
    Millennium Technologies maintains extremely high standards for our services. Unfortunately, your part will require additional work to pass our quality control standards and we would not feel comfortable returning a part that was not perfect.

Your part will be run back through our system until it meets our standards, free of charge. Unfortunately, this will extend the lead time. You will receive an email as soon as your part ships with a tracking number. If you have any questions or concerns please contact us
    I called and there were no outstanding notes; so it was just likely a bubble or some imperfection from the plating process. Maybe delay it a day or two.

Assuming you guys are subscribed to Everride - 2 strokes are fun off road!

Okay, okay...real talk, my YZ doesn’t apply here. Rephrased: a 2017 KTM 300 will feel fun off road, if your main bike is a DRZ400

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by breakdirt916; 02-11-20 at 01:23 PM.

got the 19" rim mounted w' a fresh motoZ

then the bike fell before I loaded it and I bent the clutch lever...need to put on the Cycra ProBend asap

0 Not allowed!
    FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke: ** 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 500R **
    instagram @veshlife

19? why the switch?

0 Not allowed!
    Beta 200RR

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by typeone View Post
    19? why the switch?
    Going to guess his spare wheel that he had a tire for?

0 Not allowed!

^ this - I bought a brand new MotoZ right before I got the FE, so might as well turn it and burn it

And honestly, I dunno what the difference is supposed to feel like not sure If the 18” with bigger sidewall really translates to more flex or whatever

I also like having 2 rims with different style tires so I can swap them in 15-20 mins or so...a dedicated road tire is a cheap mans supermoto and a a flat track tire (they don’t allow knobbies)

0 Not allowed!

got it ... as for the difference, i just assumed an 18 with taller sidewall would be better for your desert terrain, 19 easier to pinch on rock if you use tubes. i've pinched a few 19's at the track on exposed rock in ruts. not much meat before you hit rim.

Motoz have nice stiff sidewalls though.

0 Not allowed!
    Beta 200RR

The crazier part is I have always run an UHD tube with 14-15psi and never had a pinch flat

I carry a spare front tube, irons, a high efficiency hand pump, trail stand, a couple C02 cartridges to start the tube, and am just waiting for the day I need it

I have also seen a straight through puncture on a tubliss system

I also thought about Nitro Mousse inserts, but they overheat on slab pavement...maybe in 2-3 generations it will be ideal

Cylinder shipped! Ported cylinder test coming soon!!

0 Not allowed!

yes, it's always a weird random nip that gets ya ... i keep Snausages in my tool pack for the TUbliss rear, low pressures are a blessing, until they're not

0 Not allowed!
    Beta 200RR