Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172728293031323334353637

street legal 2-strokes

Re: street legal 2-strokes

IIRC 30w AC, not as much when rectified. I've not found any higher output setups for our machines.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    771 Racing -=- FaceBook
    Mistake - 1992 WR250ZD / 2000 LS650P / 2019 KTM 150SX

***EDIT***

I know I saw a 50W somewhere: Steahly - it's kinda odd to me. It's not a re-wound stator, it's just an extra coil bolted into the stock stator plate. Unrelated to ignition. Baja Designs will re-wind it up to 60W

***/ EDIT***

otherwise, Cyclops helmet light it is! which is fine, because they are fantastic!

so my buddy talked me into doing a "dual sport" ride from home:

(it's just a rental)

did a 230 mile "dual sport" loop from home:
    -80 miles of slab/pavement
    -25 miles of dirt through Temecula (horse/wine country - has several public/unpaved roads...some OG mx guys live out here w' mx tracks in their backyards)
    -20 miles of pavement back into town
    -20 miles of pavement to the base of the mountain peak
    -10 miles of dirt (rutted fire road)
    -70 miles of pavement home

gearing was trail biased (14/52)

I'll be honest, I wasn't the biggest fan of 150 miles of 55-70mph (including some 10-15 miles of freeway sections) on the performance lightweight dual sport...fatigue/enjoyment ratio just wasn't there...the last 70 miles I was cooked and my butt was sore AsF...I'd rather just be comfortable and truck out...my current setup of fire road riding from home (30 mins til tires touch dirt) for C-level rides, then slab/truck 2 hours away for A-level all-day dirt bike desert rides, and camp/hotel if it's a 4 hour or more drive is fine all fine for me.

the 500 EXC was awesome it DID have the excitement and power that the 350 lacked...going to try a 690 for a day, then maybe the 501

And yes, I went full A-douched- vag, oops I mean ADV helmet.

Fortnine reviews suggested that the Bell MX-9 ADV with the MIPS has slightly higher protection than the light weight Klim and overpriced XD4

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by breakdirt916; 05-25-20 at 10:21 PM.

tested out the re-packed muffler today

first "vehicle exhaust system safety test ride" in over a month and it felt crazy fast up the hills revving it out

the muffler is a little quieter, but now you can hear the engine more - sounds like I have piston slap

more reason to swap in the ported cylinder/new piston

stopped by one of the hill climbs that looked familiar

I did it 6 years ago on a DR200

I also saw the bike from behind on dirt - the edge of the rear fender flops around A LOT. that's why I've sacrificed so many license plates, tail lights, and holders...it has to go on top of the fender. I really liked the brightness of the DRC products, so I'm thinking phantom next:

Last edited by breakdirt916; 05-21-20 at 11:10 PM.
    FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke: ** 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 500R **
    instagram @veshlife

local fire road has been open for about 2 weeks

30 mins of pavement until I hit dirt - that's about all I would want to do for slab on the YZ ~60mph...14/48...I would actually try 13/48 for trails. I've seen some run 13/51

Cyclops Helmet light won't ship until late June/early July...so I cruised back before sunset

Last edited by breakdirt916; 05-27-20 at 12:03 AM.
    FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke: ** 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 500R **
    instagram @veshlife

I just ordered silencer packing for my 06 KTM. Noticed some oil around the head and pulled the expansion chamber. It's amazing how heat turns o-rings into square rings. Can't remember the last time I repacked the silencer. Wondering how much quieter it will be with those two updates.

Well two things I noticed:
    1.) a little more bottom end power
    2.) a little quieter on the bike, but the mid pipe still has that bell ringing effect
    3.) behind you - I let a friend ride ahead and within after a certain point I barely heard him. Not raspy and yelling at the person behind you like on an FMF shorty