Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 213132333435363738394041
Results 1,001 to 1,005 of 1005

street legal 2-strokes

Re: street legal 2-strokes

My cables don't have that chaffing?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    771 Racing -=- FaceBook
    Mistake - 1992 WR250ZD / 2000 LS650P / 2019 KTM 150SX / 2016 KTM 250XC

Lifer

That's a yamaha factory feature

I've got a cable or two that's very worn. It's usually only a subtle change that needs to happen to minimize it. Some are hard to get to zero, but you can slow the wear to the point that it doesn't really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by typeone View Post
    93mm sag, so do you run MX settings? seems low for desert riding unless that linkage requires different settings? i would think you'd be out around ~110-112mm and forks dropped in clamps.
    His bones are hollow like a bird.

If you're pounding whoops in 5th, I'd rake the bike out. But if you care about turn in and don't feel like the front end's too flighty, I wouldn't make too many changes yet.

nedirtriders.com

Good pointers! I will add some sort of buffer; I donít want to be surprised on the trail

But the 93mm sag has to do with what the magazines wrote about in 1994. They all know the factory linkage sucks, and without the DeVol linkage the rear rides low and bounces all over the place under load. Their trial and error suggested that you will hate 100mm of sag, but at 93mm it will be better.

Honestly Iíve never set the sag, and can ride the bike as-is, but I am very curious about how different it is with the different sag and the Devol linkage

No MX for me, or jumps in 5th...just desert/hard pack trail riding. Maybe 110 sag with some clicker adjustment is all I need

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by breakdirt916; 12-01-20 at 04:44 PM.

got it. right, easy enough to test what you like for your conditions. a good rule of thumb for sag settings is 33-34% of total shock travel for offroad / 28-31% MX.

Beta 200RR

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by breakdirt916 View Post
    But the 93mm sag has to do with what the magazines wrote about in 1994.

Maybe 110 sag with some clicker adjustment is all I need
    Whatever point you decide to start at, ride it a bit, then go back to the truck and turn the collar 3 turns. If you start at 110, tighten the preload by 3 and test. That should give you a better idea if you're in the right ballpark, and help develop a feel for what you prefer. I'd try to start somewhere around where you were before. If the bike's still apart, paint one of the preload collar's tabs a bright color and it'll be easier than counting tabs while you're hammering away.

I've found if I'm going in circles with clicker adjustment to tweak turn-in or deflection, it's because I'm trying to 'tune' the geometry with the clickers. In other words, I should be looking at sag and fork height.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    nedirtriders.com