Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Can anyone here clear that long tabletop at mX207 ?

Can anyone here clear that long tabletop at mX207 ?

Im thinken about trying it soon. I've gone about 3/4's the way and although it sucks landing it that far/hard I don't think it'll take that much more to go all the way thru

If you look at this video at 44 seconds you can see most of the expert class landing about 90% of the jump so even if I come up short it won't be too too bad ( I hope)

YouTube- NESC at MX207 4/25 (DS)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Can anyone here clear that long tabletop at mX207 ?

I haven't, I always hug the inside on that left hander before it and land like you are saying 75% or so down it. You can always just go wide in that corner then pin it and clear it. I am more set on trying to double-triple that rhythem section out of the bowled lefthander they show Decotis (613) doing. Doubling them all feels so slow but pinning it and trying to triple is friggin scary eventhough they are tiny jumps.
    That vid was cool though, I can't wait to ride there, it has been since last year and I rode in a mud bog there.

LRRS #399
    MX #505

If you do it, go wide and you want to be at the top of 3rd (so I'm told). And coming up short hurts. I have a couple of friends who are fast guys, one of them is 20 yrs old and jumps it, the other is 32 and doesn't. Way too much risk with very little reward.

And when you see those experts not jumping it, that should tell you something. Those are NESC experts. The same guys that race against DeCotis, Marshall, Dowd, Treadwell, etc. There's a reason they aren't jumping it, and it's NOT lack of skill. I talked to John Ober (I think his name first name is John), who has qualified for several Southwick Nationals, if he did the big table. "Nope, no reason to. It's not worth it."

EDIT: Gear choice may be a little different on your RM, is that still a 4 speed? The guy I know that was hitting it was on a YZ450.

Last edited by lrrs313; 07-09-10 at 07:29 PM.
    -Brian
    15 S-Works Venge

Sick vid. I could watch DeCotis ride all day. To think he gets worked at the Nationals.

Boston --> San Diego