Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Dirty in Maine, part?

Dirty in Maine, part?

I'm way to tired to type, feel way to good after the first real shower sence 9/2/010, but I will say another AWESOME time

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

Re: Dirty in Maine, part?

cow

ohhhh Cooooow Mmmmmmmm

Yamaha

Brought your girlfriend this time I see...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    Brought your girlfriend this time I see...
    Yes, she has a pretty face don't ya think?

My quick ride report for the weekend...

Hurricane Earl made it hard to decide whether or not to head north for the weekend of not. After a few phone calls Thursday evening, our group decided to go. The plan was to leave at 4am Friday morning, so a lot had to get loaded and packed.

Day 1

Departure as planned and we arrived at my camp around 9:30ish. Tom Met at my house and rode up with me and we met Sean and Leah at the mile 23 rest stop on the Maine turnpike for a fast food breakfast...still not sure why we stop at a fast food place as we always end up paying the price later in the day.. We were quick to unload, set up camp and hit the trails. Destination was Kellys Landing on MooseHead lake for lunch which was about 42 miles away.

Helmet as a tripod and a camera with a timer...who woulda thought of such a thing?

After a lunch full of aaaahhh.. some funny's, Sean lead us to the B-52 bomber crash site on Elephant Mountain. Amazing and sad to say the least!

Leaving the B-52 site, I had to switch my bike to reserve. I knew it was going to be close at that point. We made it back to Greenville and I was running on fumes... 1.82 gallons in a 1.9 gallon tank!
    It was a "reasonably" uneventfull ride back to camp at that point, won't get into a couple close calls with gravity...
    Back at camp, Tom and I cut and gather firewood while Sean and Leah head to IGA food shopping. Sean and Leah as always whipped up an awesome food spread cooked over the fire

About 110 miles for the day

Day 2

It had rained quite a bit overnight and into the morning. Normally rain isn't welcomed on an offroad trip in Maine, but it had been so dry, the dust was awefull to ride in.
    Todays plan was to ride to the Harmony Fair so it wasn't going to be a huge riding day. We had forgotton to cover the dry wood the night before so it was now soaked from the rains. A little stacking to get some air and hope the sun would dry it out.

Getting ready to Go!!

As always, the fair is interesting to say the least. From the demo durby, to the never ending goats escaping from their pens..to the piglets.

And then there was a couple fools in full riding gear climbing one of those rock walls...lucky there's no pictures of that!

We leave the fair and stop quick to visit my Aunt, say hello, stay for a bit and say goodby. It was 30 miles back to camp and we still had to stop and pick up stuff for dinner that evening.
    There was a roadside stand about 1 mile from my camp so we stopped and got some fresh corn...and Sean was teasing the cows.

Back at camp, it was shower night whether you needed it or not! Sean was busy heating the water while Tom was trying to get the fire going with damp wood. Leah and I were doing are part and started drinking
    Once again Sean and Leah whipped up an amazing meal over the fire.
    We had our fire ripping pretty good for a while and the beers were starting to flow.

We took a walk out to the road to see the stars...it's amazing how dark the sky can be in Maine..

Not a bad day, about 60 miles for the day.

Day 3

This was the big day and we wanted to cover some ground. A ride to The Forks for lunch. We had to make a stop in Greeville for fuel figuring it'd be close for range. We probably would have been OK but better safe than sorry.
    Trail side rest just before Shirly Tote..

What a happy couple..

Another one of those helmet tripods..

We arrived at the forks area just in time for lunch. We found a really nice and clean little diner on 201 which had really good food...and a big screen TV. Leah was the brave one and asked to turn on the WSB race...which turned out to be quite a hit for the small town folk that hadn't seen much racing. Not to mention it was exciting for them as there were lots of crashes.

We weren't the only trail riders there for lunch

On the way back, it cooled off and the skys didn't look so good. The thought of exploring some on the way back crossed our minds, but with the threatning skies, we figured it'd be best to head back.

A quick stop at a rest area off the CC road near ITS 85...another helmeted tripod shot

Proof that my bike does sometimes get dirty

And the cloud that made for a semi damp ride home

Back at camp and this evening it was time to go out to eat. We decided in Chinese as there is a good little Chinese food place in Dexter about 6 miles away.
    We got the fire going again when we returned, drank some beers and played some card games. We were all pretty much exhausted and never really got into the drinking games and staying up late.

Another great day and 136 miles for the day.

Day 4

The plan was a quick ride to Kingsbury Dam, then to the Abbot Bakery for lunch before heading back to camp to pack up. I was going to skip the ride for today and cut some firewood for next years camping. I want to thank Sean, Leah and Tom for skipping the riding as well and helping with the firewood.

Great time and great company as always

And the reason for the cow, was kinda the joke for the weekend...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fQaj31Wtko

Last edited by R7; 09-07-10 at 09:41 PM.
    Yamaha

looking good!

bomber site looks cool...and that helmet tripod didn't work out too badly

othersean - which street kit did you use? I like how your rear signals are tucked into the tail

Last edited by breakdirt916; 09-07-10 at 10:53 PM.

pretty sure its the ufo euro tail all one piece with brake lite and turn signals built in .

stay tuned for pics and videos i haven't had the time to get them uploaded .

maybe tonight .

12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650
    09 Yamaha WR450F (street legal)

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    08 Yamaha WR250F(street legal )
    09 KLR650

the rock wall race

YouTube - rock wall