Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

toronto SX SPOILER

toronto SX SPOILER

Holy crap! Great race. Stewart showing that he can still ride at another level. He made it look like the rest of the riders were amateurs. Seriously.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

Re: toronto SX SPOILER

He had one of those rides that we all look for every time we take to the track.. In all the years I have ridden I have only found it a few times. You could see it in his face when he took his helmet off. THAT is the addiction for me. That feeling when everything clicks perfectly...

It was magic to watch for sure..

Oh yeah, I had a whole season of feeling that way on the 125. I will never forget that.

Paul_E_D

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

Great ride by Stewart! He was on and definitely feeling it.

My opinion is some of it had to do with the track. Most tracks this season haven't been all that difficult, for the pros, and the dirt has sucked. Toronto had good dirt and the track had some obstacles that made it such that someone like Stewart who can ride the small step above the others could hang it out there and make something like Saturday night happen. The tracks need obstacles like that to make it more interesting. Make a quad that only a few skilled and brave riders will try. Make a rythmn section that again the few skilled and brave riders can link into triple triple instead of three doubles.

From a fan perspective that was fun to watch and I hope the remaining races this year can measure up.

Joel

JS7 looked so smooth and slow floating across the track...could tell was haulin ass....
    He *is* the king of the whoops

Graham
    "If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee — that will do them in"

Quote Originally Posted by xsiliconkid View Post
    JS7 looked so smooth and slow floating across the track...could tell was haulin ass....
    AND the big rhythm sections!

Paul_E_D

Hate to break it to you guys, but JS had some SKETCH moments in the whoops... He was hauling and held it together, but I wouldn't exactly say he had "the flow". The whoops were rocking the dudes pretty hard. Sounds like his TV time showed the best of what he had.

Don't get me wrong - I am pumped for the season to tighten up and Stewart to be rebuilding on his past couple humbling seasons.

It was pretty noisy on the monster stage so i didn't hear anything about villipoto's illness and gate pick... He was the biggest surprise of the night. Wilson looked strong and hungry, but the last-lap get-off knocked him off his mental game. Great rides for Goerke and Peick, Roczen looked off.

Quote Originally Posted by xsiliconkid View Post
    This is like somebody saying "I am the KING of Turns 9/10 at loudon... I ride at 110% of my ability and kill it... 9 out of 10 times... on that tenth time, I'm usually killing me or somebody near me."

He is impressive, but wow... not super clean in the whoops. I think he excels where his imagination and 110lb frame offer him unique lines with huge advantages.

I think his TALENT and balls offers him unique lines and huge advantages. No one else even tried to match his rhythym.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

BTW, I'm not the biggest JS fan, but really, go back and watch it Kitt. By mid race, he looked like a pro among amateurs. I didn't think the whoops were his strong point. But he was closing on people entire straightaways at a time. I think it's much easier to see on TV than in person.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

Don't forget, the man came back from a 17th position after the start, passed the competition like it was standing still, and won the race. A bobble or 2 in the whoops didn't seem to have any impact on his speed, he ran the whoops and the rest of that track far far better than anyone else

Yamaha

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    BTW, I'm not the biggest JS fan, but really, go back and watch it Kitt. By mid race, he looked like a pro among amateurs. I didn't think the whoops were his strong point. But he was closing on people entire straightaways at a time. I think it's much easier to see on TV than in person.
    I actually have multi-burst photos of a few of his top 5 overtakes in the whoops... I still stand by what I saw. but i am watching the tv coverage... made it through 250 LCQ last night.
    He's getting the job done right now, so let's sit back and enjoy it... The dudes that I share a (tarmc) track with that ride above their head always worry me a little... "smooth is fast"

I was there - cheering Bogle and Barcia from 2nd row floor seats in front of the rhythm section.

I'm not a Stewy fan but he put on a clinic. Fastest rider all day.

'Poto is an animal for riding after missing practice and qualifying being in the hospital. His first lap on the track was in a race.

AC's injury was tough to watch. They re-set his shoulder on the bike and he banged out a few more laps but you could see he was riding in a ton of pain.

James made a couple mistakes but clearly earned the win. The crowd was going nuts when he started passing for 3rd, then 2nd and eventually to my displeasure - the lead.

Hell of a race. Can't wait to go to Jersey next month!

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar
    Wirelessly posted (GS3)

Im actually happy that they lost timing and scoring. No one said anything about JS7 until he showed up in 4th place and noticed how fast he was going and then he started passing the leaders like they were lap traffic.

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports