Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

New toy...

Re: New toy...

I've watched a few trials events near me and it's pretty sick! There was even a FIM world event here in RI back in 2000 I think it was?
    Most of the guys do only wear a half helmet and gear was minimal surprisingly. Though maybe it's not to surprising as they really have to move around in odd ways on the bike to keep balance.

This is something I've been toying with as well for a few reasons.... cost is low, developing the balance skills that will improve enduro style riding, and I have some sick rock gardens/boulders/ledge on my own property

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    I've watched a few trials events near me and it's pretty sick! There was even a FIM world event here in RI back in 2000 I think it was?
    Most of the guys do only wear a half helmet and gear was minimal surprisingly. Though maybe it's not to surprising as they really have to move around in odd ways on the bike to keep balance.

This is something I've been toying with as well for a few reasons.... cost is low, developing the balance skills that will improve enduro style riding, and I have some sick rock gardens/boulders/ledge on my own property
    you'll have to come play when i get both set-ups done.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitt View Post
    you'll have to come play when i get both set-ups done.
    For sure, sounds like you're setting up a nice riding area in your own backyard.
    Same thing with you, if you want to come down sometime to try what I have, I'm sure it'll be worth the trip

Yamaha

Nice grab! Great bikes.
    My Dad started me out on a TY80 when I was 8y/o. He said if I could learn to handle a bike like "those guys" I could ride anything at any speed. For a first bike, with all the other kids on the trails roasting me on enduros, I thought it sucked. Until we came to some huge gnarly, rocky run up a steep hill. I'd pick my way up around everyone that stalled or crumped along the climb.
    I acclimated to it so well, that I got a TY250 to replace it. But by then I had a YZ to keep up also. We had a VW Beetle on our trials course and the day that I got my TY80 over that thing without a foot down, thought I was King Kong! Just crawling along creeks, river edges and making water crossings is a blast on them. Once you get "slimey" down, there's no stopping you. No.. REALLY nothing stops these things with enough inertia!

2011 Ducati Multistrada 1200ST
    CanAm Spyer RSS SE5 (Wifey's)
    DRZ400S
    Pitster Pro X4i MiniMotard
    Yamaha TTR

Die Livin'

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

I'm just at awe with what can be performed with any kind of trials riding. Good luck.

Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12