Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Trials tries

Trials tries

So yeah I get all the rags and it seems the hot setup if you ride Off Road is the trials setup. No one has a bad thing to say about them. So far all good thing about this setup. Other than watching for sidewall tears I have not heard a bad word. Mostly that they rock.

Anyone running them? Reason I ask is I am in need of tires and I was thinking about trying a set out.

KB

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

Re: Trials tries

I havent, but i know a couple people who do and they seem to like it a lot. So i guess i'm not really much help, but its a start.

A friend of mine put a trials tire on his 06 KTM 200XCW and said it's the best thing he has done to the bike. From what I remember him saying, the only down fall is there isn't much side bite for railing corners. For the New England roots and rocks, seems like the perfect setup
    I was debating a trials tire for my 525 but seeing I do some dualsport riding with it, I figured the soft tire would just melt on the paved stuff? I ended up going with Dunlop knobbies this time around

Yamaha

Are they that soft that they would melt on the pavement?

Where's Karaya he'll have the answer.

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

Trials Tires - Comparison - Dirt Rider Magazine

The stickiness factor varies by brand ($$). They've got a very tall sidewall and are typically run at very low psi to take advantage of the flex, enabling the tire to "grab" obstacles rather than trying to dig into the surface. If I was keen on maintaining a constant pace over rough terrain (enduro), I'd try them. For road or blasting berms, I'll stay with knobbies.

A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. - John Stuart Mill

don't get a trials front. it's bias ply like regular dirt tires and doesn't benefit from the radial design of the rear, so they pretty much have no traction. as for the rear, i've heard they're sketchy in gummy mud and leaned over in corners. and at high speed as well. other than that, everyone glows about them.

The hot set-up is a trails rear and a standard MX / woods front. Either tubeless or tube type for the rears.

The review above pretty much explains it. The Michelin is the best trials tire, but trials tires are not the best for MX. They just do certain things very well. NE roots and rocks make them shine, but sandy / loamy conditions are not the best.

The Michelin is a very soft tire. You could probably mount it with your hands - no tools. BUT - such a supple casing means its going to have a mushy feel.

And lastly - they are expensive! The price you pay for a specialty, low-volume product.

Putting his hands in the air, like he just doesn't care.
    Check out my eBay store!
    Dave - Motorace - Michelin