Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Triumph MX Bike

Triumph MX Bike

not sure if we already have a thread for Triumph's new effort to get in the MX game but some details trickling out...

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Beta 200RR

Re: Triumph MX Bike

btw, Dave-fuckin-Arnold ... that guy was a part of my childhood, along with De Coster, as i fawned over anything 'HRC' in the '80s. my idols were David Bailey, Johnny O’, Rick Johnson, Micky D, etc.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Beta 200RR

Hypertarded

So looks like Ken will finally be able to ride dirt / MX...

Johnny O' was the SHIT, got him to sign the sleeve of my T-shirt after a race

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

So it will be 80% of the Japanese bikes power for 130% the price 0

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Your park avenue leads to..

I’m really looking forward to seeing how these bikes turn out. I feel like they announced these things ages ago. I assume covid delayed things significantly.

2019 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE
    2022 Husqvarna fe501s

Always good to see another manufacturer in the mix. Hopefully Beta gets MX racing in 2024. I don’t think I’d be an early adopter but with RC and Dave Arnold involved I’m sure they are putting a good bike together and are make changes as needed.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    So it will be 80% of the Japanese bikes power for 130% the price 0
    I disagree with the power part and if they're too pricey all you have to do is wait a year and they'll be cheaper then the Japanese ones

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Quote Originally Posted by backinthesaddle View Post
    Always good to see another manufacturer in the mix. Hopefully Beta gets MX racing in 2024. I don’t think I’d be an early adopter but with RC and Dave Arnold involved I’m sure they are putting a good bike together and are make changes as needed.
    Liqui Moly Beta Racing Team Signs Benny Bloss for SX

"Beta Motorcycles proudly announce its entry into the field of the 2024 AMA Supercross. As preparations continue for the 2024 season, The Liqui Moly Beta Racing Team has confirmed the signing of Benny Bloss. He is the first of two SX riders to sign for the team."

"Team manager Gardner will be scouting over the summer months looking for the team's second rider. Bloss begins testing in August to get a head start on the season with his future teammate joining in soon after. While the team is focusing on SX only, they may elect to race select outdoor nationals as well in 2024."

Beta 200RR

Beta 200RR

I got an alert about the new video from thumpertalk earlier today. The thread seemed to be 50% people saying Triumph is using a lightly adapted KTM engine and a Yamaha frame… I can’t understand the idea that a decent-sized manufacturer like Triumph with major R&D facilities and many years of development would be using (presumably) licensed fundamental components, or that KTM or Yamaha would license them to a potential competitor…

2019 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE
    2022 Husqvarna fe501s

Quote Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
    I can’t understand the idea that a decent-sized manufacturer like Triumph with major R&D facilities and many years of development would be using (presumably) licensed fundamental components, or that KTM or Yamaha would license them to a potential competitor…
    the voiceover comments in the ride vid are comical, like Triumph magically found something totally new in frame + engine design above all others. i'm still excited to see where this goes but they're comin' in awfully hot ... which usually means the exit is hot as well.

Beta 200RR