Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Tubliss?

Tubliss?

who's using them and are they worth it? I only ride powerlines/trails.

trials tire- I'm going to Hatfield McCoy again in May, think really rocky with slimy ass clay mud. and huge hills. will a trials tire work well on that?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Tubliss?

I will run a ,michelin bib mousse in the front during the race season and a ultra heavy duty tude in the rear. I read up on the Tubliss setup a few years ago, and it didn't sound like it was ready yet. There were a bunch of threads on ktmtalk about it.

Lifer

Bump.

I experienced my first pinch flat on the trail recently. It kinda sucked.

Looked into tubliss before. It is all of $100 per hoop. That sounds downright reasonable.

What's the downside?

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Bump.

I experienced my first pinch flat on the trail recently. It kinda sucked.

Looked into tubliss before. It is all of $100 per hoop. That sounds downright reasonable.

What's the downside?
    I do know that like anything...they aren't foolproof. You can develop a leak, we had a motard at Round 7 with sealed wheels that we had to put a tube in.

Often leaks are caused by ripping knobs, which happens on every single front tire in New England.

For my money and aggravation, I'm sticking with the Bridgestone ultra heavy duty tube up front.
    And a regular heavy duty tube out back. What did you have for pressures?

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Lifer

13-15 psi at both ends. Although I did not measure that AM. So maybe it fell overnight and I just didn't notice.

I was the only one that got a flat over the 2 day event. And it was my first.

The tube we pulled out was not an HD tube. I've stopped buying non HD tubes, except to carry as an emergency backup. I should have upgraded this tube when I did the tire swap.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda.

So you're saying it just isn't worth the money and I waz doing it wrong. (Again)

I'm saying you should try an ULTRA hd tube first.

And don't be a squid, keep an eye on your pressures. I'm usually 12-13 up front, 10-12 out back, depending on terrain and...moisture.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

i always contemplate this decision but still stick with HD tubes (IRC and/or MSR) ... pressures are 12-13 Front and 7-8 Rear in the rocks, only had 1 pinched front but the tube was old and it's an MX tire (thin sidewall), waiting for it to die (just doesn't want to)

Beta 200RR

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

Michelin Ultra Heavy-Duty tubes and 11-11.5 lbs front and rear, paired with IRC VE33/35 tire combo and so far so good.

I bought the Tubliss rear but never installed it. I've been running Bridgestone UHD tubes, setting the front tire at 14 and the rear around 10 psi.

I go 11 front, 10 rear. stock tubes go flat if you look at them wrong. I've had 2 flats with the UHD tube. 1 was at Dimo's in freetown, which is probably the toughest place on earth for flats. The other was caused by a nice big nail. I'd pony up and run bib's if I were chasing an AA enduro championship. Something to remember is that for us recreational riders, its not a big deal to ride a few miles back to the truck on a flat. A few zip ties will hold the tire tight on the rim to keep things safe.

UHD tubes. It is known.

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube