Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Turkey Run?

Lifer

Re: Turkey Run?

The "Battle Creek" section last weekend:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBc-cbw0ldw

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by gregp; 07-16-14 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gregp View Post
    The "Battle Creek" section...
    Now that's a serious rock garden!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

Chip are you trying to get me killed?

It's just a tiptoe through the tulips.

Edit: I almost got spit into the woods just before that right turn up the top of that section. There was a bunch of dudes hung up there during the race.
    Ain't nothing to it. Momentum is your friend, so the faster you go through a tough section, the easier it is. Not to mention it uses WAY less energy.

Last edited by Chippertheripper; 07-17-14 at 07:09 AM.
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Lifer

Just like Chipper said - It is *not* a race. As long as you just go your own pace, you can just poke your way through the rough stuff. The Battle Creek section was not the toughest section - to me. They sent us through a huge sand pit that was very soft. Most everybody's bike is set up to turn sharply, so the sand section becomes very challenging.
    This is not my video. The sand starts at 10:45: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsFZ_B-j1_I

Quote Originally Posted by gregp View Post
    Just like Chipper said - It is *not* a race. As long as you just go your own pace, you can just poke your way through the rough stuff. The Battle Creek section was not the toughest section - to me. They sent us through a huge sand pit that was very soft. Most everybody's bike is set up to turn sharply, so the sand section becomes very challenging.
    This is not my video. The sand starts at 10:45: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsFZ_B-j1_I
    I won $50 in that section! The hammer was DOWN.

There was somebody standing at that turn at 14:20, thankfully, sending riders down the middle of that wash. A LOT of dudes would have got hurt right there, trying to get through there at race pace.

Last edited by Chippertheripper; 07-17-14 at 07:18 AM.
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12