Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

As Usual

Re: As Usual

no sweat. any good shop will carry it.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Beta 200RR

Aah. New pads and a quick back bleed with a syringe and I got some rear brakes. Much more relaxing to ride with the ability to pivot the rear end. It was weird, I had 2 great sessions, then it felt like my suspension just went to hell. I was swapping and getting kicked up even at a slower pace

Perhaps I need to freshen that stuff u more than I thought...

The block party showed up and I had to quit anyway. They just don't understand that we're doing laps and don't want people coming onto the track reverse course.

Paul_E_D

Quote Originally Posted by typeone View Post
    i'm actually looking forward to tearing the Husky down this winter. i'm storing both bikes in the basement for the first time (walk out)... speaking of, when you store your bikes in your basement do you drain all gas AND oil? i'm thinkin i may leave them dry of all fluids. basement is heated. bad idea??
    I store my bikes and my Raptor in the basement, heated (like HOT) by a woodstove and don't get any odd smells from the fuel and oil. I don't do anything to them to prevent fumes from escaping, just let them vent like normal. Gas fumes won't come out unless there is a fair amount of temperature change, and a quick change at that. As crazy as it sounds, my basement is consistantly 80-85 all winter.
    Any work on the bikes that involves oil and fuel, gets taken care of outside though.

Seth, that's one of the things I used to hate about riding a wet/muddy MX track...cleaning the bike after. That shit sticks like cement!
    I have a good cleaning method though, and everyone laughs when they see me clean my bike...until they try it themselves!
    Simple green automotive cleaner, a garden hose with reasonable pressure, and a 4" quality paint brush. Spray the heavy crap off with the hose, spray on some simple green and let it sit for 10-15 seconds, and just dab the tight spots with the wet paintbrush, and make like you're painting the plastics

Yamaha

cool, thanks for the basement info. i should have thought to ask you, ive seen your pics, sweet setup down there. my basement is finished, tons of space, so i'll protect the carpet in one of the rooms and use that area. temp is usually just below or at 60 all winter but i can control the heat, sounds like i'll be just fine. i'm still going to drain everything just to make it easier to get work done away from the garage.

interesting to hear you use simple green. do you dilute it? i'll have to look up if the automotive stuff is different from what i bought a few seasons ago but i read (on TT i think?) that it can eat or pit aluminum and stopped. is that bogus info? your bikes always look spotless in pics so i assume youve never had an issue.

back in the day when i didnt have cash for S100 all the time i'd use scrubbing bubbles bathroom foam on my CR125. actually worked pretty well i'd shoot it with WD40 afterward. always cleaned up nice.

Beta 200RR

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    Aah. New pads and a quick back bleed with a syringe and I got some rear brakes. Much more relaxing to ride with the ability to pivot the rear end. It was weird, I had 2 great sessions, then it felt like my suspension just went to hell. I was swapping and getting kicked up even at a slower pace

Perhaps I need to freshen that stuff u more than I thought...

The block party showed up and I had to quit anyway. They just don't understand that we're doing laps and don't want people coming onto the track reverse course.
    i've already been saving up to drop off the Husky and Ape suspenders at GMD. feels so nice when everything is freshy fresh but the Aprilia is gonna take some money to fix. the rear end is so soft.

bummer on the block party action. need some orange trail arrows to keep the flow, wonder if that would actually work

Beta 200RR

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    I have a good cleaning method though, and everyone laughs when they see me clean my bike...until they try it themselves!
    Simple green automotive cleaner, a garden hose with reasonable pressure, and a 4" quality paint brush. Spray the heavy crap off with the hose, spray on some simple green and let it sit for 10-15 seconds, and just dab the tight spots with the wet paintbrush, and make like you're painting the plastics
    i forgot a big plus to my cleaning routine... Honda powerwasher

Beta 200RR

cool, thanks for the basement info. i should have thought to ask you, ive seen your pics, sweet setup down there. my basement is finished, tons of space, so i'll protect the carpet in one of the rooms and use that area. temp is usually just below or at 60 all winter but i can control the heat, sounds like i'll be just fine. i'm still going to drain everything just to make it easier to get work done away from the garage.

interesting to hear you use simple green. do you dilute it? i'll have to look up if the automotive stuff is different from what i bought a few seasons ago but i read (on TT i think?) that it can eat or pit aluminum and stopped. is that bogus info? your bikes always look spotless in pics so i assume youve never had an issue.

back in the day when i didnt have cash for S100 all the time i'd use scrubbing bubbles bathroom foam on my CR125. actually worked pretty well i'd shoot it with WD40 afterward. always cleaned up nice.
    I buy the simple green by the gallon and don't dilute it. I wash my bikes after just about every ride and the gallon lasts me a full season. I've never had an issue with pitting, but I also rinse it off very good. I also make sure the surface is already wet when I spray it on, and make sure it doesn't start to dry before I rinse it off. A shot of WD40 like you mentioned is something I do as well, keeps a film on everything so it's easier to clean next time

i forgot a big plus to my cleaning routine... Honda powerwasher
    I picked up a little Honda a few years ago and always used it when I first bought it. It's been sitting in my shed unused for a couple years now. By the time I drag it out, hook up all the hoses, then take it apart and drain all the water when I'm done...it's faster to just use the paintbrush

Yamaha

Ya I usually use simplegreen as well. Gotta try a paint brush aha.
    I store my crf in the basement over winter and just drain gas though I left gas in last winter when I had just gotten it.

Wanna sell that powerwasher? Ehe

Last edited by seth399; 10-22-09 at 11:35 PM.
    LRRS #399
    MX #505

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12