My Review of Motocomm's DSR-100 Sports Camera

Video Review of the Motocomm DSR-100 - Google Video

I finally was able to get out and ride my offroad machine in the woods yesterday after what seemed a winter of eternity. I think the bigger problem was that I had a new toy to use for too long over the winter.

Now that I have used it, I am happy that I have, but like anything else, it could be improved upon. The best thing about this unit is the pricepoint and ease of use.

I had a problem with the original unit that I purchased, but called Motocomm directly, and they replaced the whole unit without any question. Great customer service from Eric Rutland at Motocomm.

Review the quick movie I made and make judgements for yourself. Keep in mind that picture quality/detail is lost on internet and upload transfer. Worth the money, but there are obviously better units out there. Remember, the price will reflect in the price of the units, not to mention the overall size of the units because they use Full-size Video Recorders.

I purchased a waterproof and crushproof Otterbox to house the recording unit and batteries in my Camelbak, keeping everything tucked away and well protected.

I give the unit 2 thumbs up, because there is nothing else like this out there for this price. MSRP for the unit is $359, but I picked my DSR-100 up from Ebay $289 shipped to my door. I'll post another review when I get out on the SV and mess around with ball and other mounts for the motorcycle.

-Phat