Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

weekend dirt trip?

Re: weekend dirt trip?

Quote Originally Posted by elissama101 View Post
    Heh - that was my attempt - unfortunately the whole when you hit a near vertical surface and get launched into the air thing where you're supposed to try to get all your weight over the front handlebars eluded me.

I felt like WilECoyote on an ACME rocket when something goes horribly awry.
    hahaa, yeah, rock faces take a lot of finesse, especially in the Fall when cold 'n wet.

just bomb it then blame your tires when you dont make it. thats what i do (i still swear AirGary has magic tires. wtf is that guy anyway?)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Beta 200RR

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

Re: weekend dirt trip?

Quote Originally Posted by typeone View Post
    i agree, hard to know without being there but from the pic...

either Sheppo's yellow line but coming in from the left or probably the blue line i drew

Red line is what I tried to take but unless you have a ton of momentum and or a bike with some torque (my CR125 doesn't have much) you would wind up stuck when your front tire hit the root that crops out just a little left of the edge of the picture. If you happen to actually stay on the red line then the same thing would happen when your tire hit that rock ledge that is much bigger in person than the picture indicates.

Jay did a great job making it up the rock face. We all know how Melissa faired. I got stuck on the root I mentioned and wound up pushing the bike the rest of the way up the hill (thanks Brian). Brian, well he just rode straight up the nice smooth dirt hill off to the right of the picture that just happened to be a little too steep for me to have a go at.

Can't wait to get back home and go for a dirt ride. It's only been a couple of weeks but I miss it already.

Joel

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456