Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Good weekend, Saturday @ Beartown and Sunday local

Talking Good weekend, Saturday @ Beartown and Sunday local

It was cool to see everyone at Beartown Saturday. I had a lot of fun trying to keep up with you 2 wheeled freeks on my quad I did get a lot of good laughs though as I saw some impressive ways to throw a motorcycle around in the rocks
    No crashes for me ( I have training wheels anyways) but I did get hung up a couple times on some rocks and in a quaghole that took some work to get out of.
    I only took a few pictures, kinda wish I was able to get some action shots but maybe next time.

Look Out

Sunday I met Bob M and Greg at a park&ride and we set out for some exploring and to meet up with Wayno at PSF. The route I had planned quickly got shut down by gates and closed roads so we had to ride the pavement quite a ways.
    Once we got to the dirt roads, I stopped again to check the map and found another rt only to get a little ways down it to find another gate A little bit of back tracking and we found some cool trails that just brought us in a big loop, it's always fun to find new ones

We made our way to PSF and saw Wayno in the parking lot with his new KTM. Nice bike Wayne and the dual sport kit looks pretty cool Chit chat for a bit and we were off. It didn't take long to find the trails, though the first attempted trail we had to turn around as it was a bit above our ability levels
    I got a couple pictures of Bob and Wayno on one trail..

We carried on for another few miles before we took another break. Stopped and chatted for a bit and decided to go in town and get gas and a bite to eat.

At the gas station after we were done eating, we noticed oil under my bike and the rear wheel was covered in oil as well. The whole back and bottom of the engine was covered, almost dripping wet. After a few minutes we figured out where it was coming from, I guess a side cover gasket must have gotten sucked into the case. My day was done
    Bob M and Greg followed me most of the way home and Wayne stayed and did some more riding, how was the rest of the day Wayne?
    By the time I made the 25 mile trip home, my bike and my riding boots had a nice coating of fresh synthetic oil. I was afraid to wash it down at first but I put some racers tape (duct tape) over the area after cleaning the oil off so I could wash it. I wonder how long the dealer will stand behind their work for, they had the cases apart when they added 5th and 6th gears It was in the beginning of July this year..

Cool riding with you Bob as always, good to see you Greg on something other than a Trumpet for once , and it was cooling riding with you Wayno.
    Sorry for cutting you guys day short with my bike troubles, hopefully i'll be back in action by the weekend

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

I hadda great day with you peeps as long as it lasted. I went back into the park and did some more trails. I wanted to get so much more agressive on the fire road trails but I think Mark was using his head and I followed his lead even after we departed. I went down quite a few trails off the main track that we didn't get to do. I think there is a lot to explore. I went by a trail and notice an orange trail marker and in the process of bangin a U-turn I dumped the bike because I am somewhat vertically challanged on the KTM. I Went down a trail that offered about an eight of a mile of pure water fun. After last weekend I was full of anticipation. The water turned out to be rather shallow......6 inches max. I did this other trail and was confronted with an 8 inch mud pit. Was interesting squrming throught that shit. I didn't get too much further and hadda turn around. Squrmed through the mud again and got back out on the main trail. I'm gaining confidence I think. I got some total air on the trail we cut through the woods ta go around the log when we were heading back.

I got back to the parking lot at about 3:30PM or so. I loaded up the bike on the truck and headed home. I double checked the time again and it was about a 1.5 hour commute. Not bad I think.

I checked the chain again when I got home and it definately needed to be adjusted. I tighened it up until I could pass an 13/32 drill shank between the swing arm and the top of the chain. I know it's on the tighter side but I noticed the chain drag on the chain sweeper when we were on the main road going to get gas. I'm all set ta do it again. Lemme know. Be great ta ride with you peeps again.

Wayne-o

Life is a challenge. You can take the risk and experience it, or sit back and watch it go by. I choose to experience it. (W.L.Heath)

Fear is the incubated subjective perception of the inevitable.

Glad you had fun and kept riding after we left
    The fire roads are used by so many people that it'd be best to keep the speeds down on them, i think they are posted at 20mph.
    I saw some Orange trail markers here and there while we were on blue trails so I'm a little confused as to what's what
    Hopefully my bike will be all set in short order and we can hit it again, i'll keep ya posted

Yamaha

No problem on tagging along, it was great to have you guys there

I went to the dealer today and they gave me the new gasket, they even offered to install it but I'd rather do it myself. Now I just need a new rear tire before the weekend

Yamaha

Originally posted by T-595 Greg
    it's entirely possible Saturday's weather could be ok again....
    I hope so.... We will be riding either way
    There's talk of hitting a state forest in south central Mass Saturday... stay tuned

Yamaha

Originally posted by T-595 Greg
    Wayne.. offer still stands, straight up trade for the KTM
    what a great time, too bad about Mark's bike, but shit happens.

I had a ball, thanks for letting me tag along
    Prick! I'll have you know that I'm an engineer and I'm currently working on some leg extendas

Wayne-o

Life is a challenge. You can take the risk and experience it, or sit back and watch it go by. I choose to experience it. (W.L.Heath)

Originally posted by R7
    I hope so.... We will be riding either way
    There's talk of hitting a state forest in south central Mass Saturday... stay tuned
    I'm down if may.

Mark,

How much did you pay for the mirror clamps. I need them before the weekend so I can get the bike stickered.

Wayne-o

Originally posted by FireNutzRR
    I'm down if may.

Mark,

How much did you pay for the mirror clamps. I need them before the weekend so I can get the bike stickered.

Wayne-o
    I'm not sure what I paid for them, I don't think they were very expensive though. They are OE KTM parts and all you're doing is changing half the clamp that holds the front brake master and clutch master to the handle bars, the clutch is a hinge type (you'll need a new pin as well) and the front brake is a clamp. I'll see if I can dig up my sales slip for that, it's been a while though

Yamaha