Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

VIn check on a dirtbike?

Hungry like a wolf... MissTwisties's Avatar

VIn check on a dirtbike?

Stephan and I went to look at a Kawi KX250 2 days ago (that's what he's looking to buy, not many for sale in the area). He took down the VIN # and asked me to call the CT State DMV to make sure it was not stolen. I just called them and they say nothing with this VIN # is coming up.

She said they show 5 years behind with a VIN number and nothing with this one. We're thinking maybe he rode his dirtbike on private property and never registered it? I believe he raced that thing, there was numbers on it, and various manufacturers/sponsors/etc. stickers on it. (Monster, etc.) Also another thing is, how do you at transfering from another state for dirtbikes? (CT to MA)

The lady said we should call him back and ask for registration, title or anything like that...thoughts?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    www.elementsofbalancemt.com
    www.facebook.com/misstwisties

"If you don't stand for something you fall for everything."
    "Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

Littering and........

VIn check on a dirtbike?

Check the VIN # and make sure you got it right. One digit off, and it wont come up.

Police computers are incredibly finicky, they don't like off-road vehicle VIN numbers. If you're sure its right, and it doesn't come up with anything in the police computers, I wouldn't worry about it.

Hungry like a wolf... MissTwisties's Avatar

VIn check on a dirtbike?

I called the police station in Southwick MA first, they told me they couldn't check out of state VIN's, so I called Winsted CT police, they told me they can't even check VIN numbers...isn't that odd? I don't believe that...

www.elementsofbalancemt.com
    www.facebook.com/misstwisties

"If you don't stand for something you fall for everything."
    "Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

VIn check on a dirtbike?

When I bought mine off of Manny they just needed a bill of sale. It came up under the last owner Clinton and they asked me if Manny Stole it and I gave them Clintons name and they said okay and gave me my plate. I think you will be fine.

Bruce

Littering and........

VIn check on a dirtbike?

Quote Originally Posted by MissTwisties View Post
    I called the police station in Southwick MA first, they told me they couldn't check out of state VIN's, so I called Winsted CT police, they told me they can't even check VIN numbers...isn't that odd? I don't believe that...

They're being lazy. All police agencies can check VIN #'s.