Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

clicker day

clicker day

After last weeks frustration, I brought a few tools to the track today. Since I had em, I figured it was about time I tried to dial this thing in a little better.

The bike hasn't been balanced in the rough stuff this year, and I've been losing confidence in the whoops. I was having to work so hard to keep the front out of the deep whoops and it would bottom hard at times, so I though to add some compression up front. That was a little better, so I went with 3 clicks.

Then I added a click out back for balance. Now the bike was staying higher, but the back would kick up on the big hits. One click of rebound made it better, two and the bike started to float nicely and feel so much more plush in the deep stuff. One more click and I called it done.

Now the front felt a little bouncy on landings, so I added one click of rebound up front too. That brought things under control nicely, but also seemed to make the rear kick up a tad more.

Each improvement was clear, not only in the whoops, but in the corners and off the jumps. I was spent by this time, so that was it for today. Gained a ton of confidence around the whole track, so a good days work.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

Re: clicker day

nice!

i need to check my sag and settings on the WR, the front feels hard to turn some times which is odd, like it doesnt want to turn in... the rear is very soft which is prob adding to it.

PO had it set up for my weight so i haven't messed with anything yet.

Beta 200RR

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; Nexus S 4G Build/GRJ22) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Ya, I've been riding the PO's settings too. I haven't checked sag yet, bit the springs match the racetech suggestions, so should be close. I was amazed what a few clicks could do.

Paul_E_D

ya I find sag made my bike feel pretty different. I tried too little sag and it sucked

LRRS #399
    MX #505

I need a clicker day. My suspension is starting to feel real soft. Time to try and adjust some clickers. I checked Race Tech and it looks like I may have to buy a stiffer spring for the rear.

John

04 KTM 125SX
    05 CBR600RR
    07 KTM 250XC-W

jride, wanna come up and ride here this afternoon? clicker ride part two...

Paul_E_D

Bummer I didn't see this until just now. I could have snuck out for a bit this am too!

John

04 KTM 125SX
    05 CBR600RR
    07 KTM 250XC-W

I had Kates do my KTM for the woods. It is fuckin amazing to me what a turn here and a click here does.

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; Nexus S 4G Build/GRJ22) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Ya, I've been riding the PO's settings too. I haven't checked sag yet, bit the springs match the racetech suggestions, so should be close. I was amazed what a few clicks could do.

Paul_E_D