Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

YZ250x

Lifer

Re: YZ250x

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    Unless you're racing enduro's, a street registration has lost its value/appeal IMHO. Not really sure what the fuss is about that anymore...with each state requiring their own off road sticker anyways.
    I have no plans to plate my Beta XTrainer, its not worth the time, effort and cash
    ..or you want to ride NETRA Turkey Run's, or have some local "tolerated" trails that require some street travel, or enjoy simply poking around on back roads looking for new opportunities, or you want to cross the border into NH or ME, and poke around up there....

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gregp View Post
    ..or you want to ride NETRA Turkey Run's, or have some local "tolerated" trails that require some street travel, or enjoy simply poking around on back roads looking for new opportunities, or you want to cross the border into NH or ME, and poke around up there....
    agree, but that all sounds like 'dual sport' to me. different target than what this YZ 2T is aimed at... which is hare scrambles and cross-country.

Beta 200RR

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Beta 200RR

I'm thinking we should go ahead an make another thread to discuss the merits of a magic button and a license plate on a dirt bike. It really does get old. We'll put it between the oil thread where no one agrees on anything and the guns thread where everyone agrees on everything.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

wait, there's no holster on this bike ??? fuck that . POS

Beta 200RR

If you can't kick shouldn't be riding it. :

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    That was the benchmark for my 70 for awhile...

Well that pretty much eliminates all the KTM MX bikes..haha
    I was actually kinda pissed the 2015 450sxf I had didn't have a kick starter at least for back up.

Yamaha

Ewww...CA red sticker...no plate, fine... it's a 2 hour drive to the trails or desert anyways...but red sticker cuts your riding season in half where this is setup to ride

TBh - most people run it anyways... there's little to no enforcement of red sticker in open desert...and sometimes people just move a green sticker onto the ree sticker bike Bcause OHV EP doesn't check it against the VIN

FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke:

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by typeone View Post
    agree, but that all sounds like 'dual sport' to me. different target than what this YZ 2T is aimed at... which is hare scrambles and cross-country.
    Not quite. The closest thing we have to a "Cross Country" race in New England, is an Enduro. Having raced some Hare Scrambles (NETRA stuff) - bikes like this one confuse me. Let's look at the mods individually, and see what they suite..
    18" rear wheel? Hare Scrambles/J-day - Yes. Enduros - Yes. Dual sport/trails - Yes.
    Wide ratio transmission? Hare Scrambles/J-Day - NO. Enduros - Yes. Dual sport/trails - Yes.
    "Softened" power delivery? Hare scrambles/J-Day - No. (Not for me anyway). Enduro - Yes. Dual sport - Maybe.
    Kickstand? - Hare scrambles/J-Day? No. Enduro - Maybe. Dual sport/trails - Yes.
    Softened suspension is the only change that fits all 3 segments - and most people have their own preferences and have their suspension tuned anyway.
    KTM has seen the light, and done away with their XCF-W line for 2017 - They might as well just make them all street legal - and they did for all of their 4-stroke line.
    All of these "Off road 2-strokes" should at least come with minimal lighting - like the KDX did - to make "Enduro-izing" a bit easier for all of us.
    Add the fact that the MCO prevents street registering, and this bike is probably a non-starter in New England - although I am amazed at the entry numbers that J-days are posting. I just feel that a straight MX bike, with suspension properly re-valved would be a better starting point for most - the WR transmission being the biggest deterrent besides NO BUTTON.
    Nothing on this bike makes me want to buy it over a KTM/Husky.

Not quite. The closest thing we have to a "Cross Country" race in New England, is an Enduro. Having raced some Hare Scrambles (NETRA stuff) - bikes like this one confuse me.
    all good points but i've read that hare scramble racers in the NJ/PA area reported that half the 250A line showed up on blue just after this thing was released.

Nothing on this bike makes me want to buy it over a KTM/Husky.
    please don't mistake my words for wanting one only Italian Princesses for me

Beta 200RR

My buddy just bought one... And it comes with a title.

you forgot to drop the mic

Central Mass Powersports #123

1000rr, zx10r, rmz450, RE classic, r6, S4Rs, xr123, sv650(2), cr250 and a box truck that leaks power steering fluid.

ok, I read all the magazine articles so I don't have to use Kurlon as a dictionary...

very cool changes...it's def. way more than a wide ratio transmission (which even then...1st/2nd are still same as YZ250 -> tall first ??) with all the engine changes in compression, exhaust position, exhaust valve that also opens earlier. I doubt anyone would know without reading the specs...all those changes are super subtle.

no frills and simple solid design...that's the good ol' yamaha formula...kinda like a Miata or FR-S....hope it does well!

and claimed easier to ride on the MX track!!!

A13x - GO GET ONE!

Last edited by breakdirt916; 07-29-16 at 11:09 PM.

Lifer

I sincerely have my doubts about that. All new machines come with a Certificate of Origin, which can look very much like a Title, but they are very different. Many CL posters list a "Title" as well, but it is most often a CoO they are referring to. The important part of the CoO is right at the top - if it says "Off Road Use Only" the registry usually stops the process right there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sincerely have my doubts about that. All new machines come with a Certificate of Origin, which can look very much like a Title, but they are very different. Many CL posters list a "Title" as well, but it is most often a CoO they are referring to. The important part of the CoO is right at the top - if it says "Off Road Use Only" the registry usually stops the process right there.

Yeah, the CRF250R I just bought came with a "title". But the title was a COO from Honda, there's no way the RMV will let me register it.

It doesn't matter for me at all, but there are definitely sellers out there who don't know the difference.

'02 Ducati 998, '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

If you doubt 2 lrrs experts... One of which manages a dealership... Sure

Lifer

If you doubt 2 lrrs experts... One of which manages a dealership... Sure
    Neither of those qualifications indicates an expertise in registry legalities. No new motorcycle comes with a title. They are all sold with a CoO. The CoO is converted to a Title upon transfer of ownership. The issue here is whether or not the CoO from Yamaha, for a YZ250x says "For of road use only" across the top. I would bet it does.
    Not that I want to debate this point any further...

Neither of those qualifications indicates an expertise in registry legalities. No new motorcycle comes with a title. They are all sold with a CoO. The CoO is converted to a Title upon transfer of ownership. The issue here is whether or not the CoO from Yamaha, for a YZ250x says "For of road use only" across the top. I would bet it does.
    Not that I want to debate this point any further...

Hahaha you're right. Managing a dealership has absolutely nothing to do with knowing about the registration process.

Wow.

I can't make this shit up!!

Lifer

This has been fun to watch.

Smutty, I'm pretty sure you're confusing two of my shitass interweb complaints:

1) People are dumb and "lose" or don't file for or whatever their titles/CoO, etc

2) The Japanese makers stamp some of their CoO "for off road use only" or some such like that

If ur friend is trying to use it as a on an off road bike he would simply need us to sign a form that says it is road ready. Mass residents a lot tougher.

And since when does being an expert racer make you an expert on anything?

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    This has been fun to watch.

Smutty, I'm pretty sure you're confusing two of my shitass interweb complaints:

1) People are dumb and "lose" or don't file for or whatever their titles/CoO, etc

2) The Japanese makers stamp some of their CoO "for off road use only" or some such like that

And since when does being an expert racer make you an expert on anything?
    Sucks to be a masshole doesn't it?

(I know you aren't bubs...but yeahhh).

And an expert racer is an expert at not riding dirt bikes on the road because they know that's dumb. Yeah. That.

Last edited by csmutty; 07-31-16 at 08:13 PM.

lmao...dirty bastards drama ???

@ csmutty - are you saying all yz250x's come with titles? or your friend happened to get a title through some sort of DMV leniency (CT/NH?), loophole, or mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by breakdirt916 View Post
    lmao...dirty bastards drama ???

@ csmutty - are you saying all yz250x's come with titles? or your friend happened to get a title through some sort of DMV leniency (CT/NH?), loophole, or mistake?
    I'm saying I officially don't give a fuck because that's dumb lol.

Either man up and ride motocross or get a dual sport haha.

Smutty out.

Lifer

Only things your gubmint says may have a title have titles. My (NH) gubmint says just about anything this side of a mousetrap may be titled, so I'm good. VT says titles are cool and all, but everything under 300cc just doesn't matter. CA, well, lord help you homey.

We're really talking about CoOs. Yami issues them, but brands them. KTM issues them to, but doesn't.
    MA gives a damn about the branding. NH doesn't.
    Everyone leaves the dealership with a CoO. Gotta go talk to your gubmint about converting that to a title.

Sucks to be a masshole doesn't it?
    Damned if I know. I just pay their taxes.

- - - Updated - - -

Either man up and ride motocross or get a dual sport haha.
    Now you just sound jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Only things your gubmint says may have a title have titles. My (NH) gubmint says just about anything this side of a mousetrap may be titled, so I'm good. VT says titles are cool and all, but everything under 300cc just doesn't matter. CA, well, lord help you homey.

We're really talking about CoOs. Yami issues them, but brands them. KTM issues them to, but doesn't.
    MA gives a damn about the branding. NH doesn't.
    Everyone leaves the dealership with a CoO. Gotta go talk to your gubmint about converting that to a title.

Damned if I know. I just pay their taxes.

- - - Updated - - -

Now you just sound jealous.
    I am jealous. Of Sam, who got that freshie YZ250X. Thing looks like a ripper!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast