Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Clarification regarding troopers 8/11/09

Re: Clarification regarding troopers 8/11/09

Thank you Heather

You know I for one will be there next Tuesday .

Doug

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Better a Racer for a moment then a spectator your whole life!

Posted by Jane in BoxChat
    Jaynnus - I can't regret what I don't remember

Originally Posted by gmdboston
    Guys, its Maine. The waitresses have more tits, than teeth......

Yeah I'll deffinately be back, I appreciate the work you guys do for us, and are continuing to do. Hope to meet you guys one of these days.

- As for the touching of personal property, they stated to us that they did not move anyone's belongings from their bikes in order to get video or pictures, if anything, they may have nudged their way in order to see a plate
    Ummmm....what?

Okay, so I can lift a girl's skirt to check the goods but as long as I don't touch the skirt during the lifting it's all good?

Got it.

This whole topic / situation intrigues me.

I wasn't there to attend unfortunately (shame on me for missing chaps night)

Interested in hearing what Steve has to say after he watches said video.

*subscribed

Quote Originally Posted by mojobreakfast View Post
    1IOQ,

I'm not a cop, lawyer or judge.. but I am pretty sure state or local cops would have some statute or law, state or local, under which at a minimum they would ticket a vehicle on public property that was not displaying a tag - regardless if it was registered or not. Worse, towed/impounded/whatever. There's sure to be something on the books about that - it's Massachusetts.

I think a lot of the point here is show of force/scare. If you're a squid with a record of running from the cops, you're probably not going to show up at motorcycle night now. Which seems to be what they want. I could be wrong, but I doubt there's someone back at the barracks reviewing all these video tapes and making a file on people. If anything, they have it in a cabinet in case someone someday robs a bank on a bike or runs over a nun in a crosswalk. If like most of the folks on this site, you are law abiding, you're fine.

73s.
    I just think in light of other ticketing/inspection stops by police lately, this is tough to swallow. Weren't they taking pictures of bikes at the stop in Sterling as well a couple weeks ago? Either way the only thing I have to worry about is the fact that my motorcycle isn't stock. However I am not some harley nut that rips around blowing people's windows out. Sometimes the wrong people are punished.

they were there to video tape...so what? they have the right to.

they "touched" someone's property...what do u mean like leaning against someone's car? if so then i might have a problem with that but if u talking about moving a piece of riding gear in order to see a plate that was blocked then that's different. why is everyone making a big deal out of cops showing up at bike night & assume that they are out to get ya? has it ever occur to people that they might be there to take down plates because of past incidence involving people from bike night? and that taking plates might prevent or solve a crime? preparation & prevention........think about it

some people here & at bike night making a big deal out of nothing. sounds like a Gates & Crowley thing all over again

Quote Originally Posted by Butcher Bergs View Post
    Ummmm....what?

Okay, so I can lift a girl's skirt to check the goods but as long as I don't touch the skirt during the lifting it's all good?

Got it.

Ah so that's how they are trying to justify their actions. They didn't physically "touch" anyone's gear, I was sitting right there watching the whole thing. They used their flash lights to lift up people's gear so they could get the plate numbers, so there was no actual "touching" involved. I don't have any problems with the police trying to keep the streets safe, and I don't do anything foolish at MCN anyway so I don't really have anything to worry about. I was just concerned this video was some sort of an attempt at entrapment or something.

Thanks for keeping us updated on this Steve and Heather!

~*Your halo line is receding*~ The Crashing Tomato

Quote Originally Posted by SoxPrincess83 View Post
    They didn't physically "touch" anyone's gear, I was sitting right there watching the whole thing. They used their flash lights to lift up people's gear so they could get the plate numbers, so there was no actual "touching" involved.
    That's exactly how they're getting around it. They're obviously innocent because it wasn't their hands doing the nudging rather it was a catalyst of some sort....in this case, their flashlights.

If this rings true then I could feasibly beat someone with a stick for nudging my property and it sounds as if I'd be the clear because it wasn't actually me who did the beating, rather it was the stick.

Guess the same rules could apply for guns? It wasn't the shooter who killed someone, it was the bullet.

Interesting concept. I like how anyone could hide behind it should they need to.

boloson, I have to agree with you.

I am still waiting for this infamous video of the troopers "Touching" peoples gear. It has been 24 hours now and still no one can produce this "evidence."

I saw them walking around, but never saw them touch anything. (Not saying it didn't happen,... but.... Show me don't tell me....)

If they are so open and want to promote safety why did they lie the 3 times I heard them asked the reason for the videoing of the plates. Only on the 4th time did they come clean and say "because when one of you runs we have your info".

I'm sure the evidence would hold up strongly in court when the LEO states that a Blue and White GSXR ran from him and here is a video of a blue and white GSXR's plate so it must be this guy cause Suzuki only made on blue and white GSXR. It's a BS strong arm tactic and they should be ashamed of it. How 'bout instead of wasting money taking videos of motorcycles you go out and patrol or do something other than create more friction between citizens and police.

-Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

Alex, it's not the officers creating the friction, it's the video cameras.

Oh man, this is fun! I'm gonna go run people over and blame my truck for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Butcher Bergs View Post
    Alex, it's not the officers creating the friction, it's the video cameras.

Oh man, this is fun! I'm gonna go run people over and blame my truck for it.
    I'm gonna knock up sluts and blame my sperm!

I saw them walking around, but never saw them touch anything. (Not saying it didn't happen,... but.... Show me don't tell me....)
    So if no one video taped it, it didn't happen. Wow, good to know.

-Alex

Quote Originally Posted by obsolete View Post
    I'm gonna knock up sluts and blame my sperm!

That's the spirit!

haha not that it didnt happen, but the original thread said that there were videos and pics, now they have magically disappeared.

Being devils advocate, maybe it is because it didn't happen. Why would someone say they had the video of it, and then not bring it forward??

Steve and Heather said that the trooper was going to show them the video that they had. Well, the troopers must not have anything to hide if they are willing to show the video.

Again, not saying it didnt happen, just would like to see both videos.

Well I'm sure I'd like to see Anglina's lips on my hog but that will probably not happen no matter how much condensation I add while I say it.

Here's the thing about, "I heard there was a video of it" type lines... people can hear shit wrong.

So ease up Siskel, Ebert or whoever you are.

-Alex

Old 08-11-09, 09:48 PM

Re: Cover your plate
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 600rr0504 View Post
    I agree they may be the cops but they don't have to go around doing that in a private event.

Hell if I was walking up to undercover cop cars and started taking pictures of the car and its plates you bet your ass a cop would say something to me.

I followed the troopers and took pictures of them all the way. Please PM the motorcyclenight people. They listen to us. Please help the fight!

This appears to be not a "I Heard there was..." This sounds to me like jim took pics. where are they??

Quote Originally Posted by obsolete View Post
    If they are so open and want to promote safety why did they lie the 3 times I heard them asked the reason for the videoing of the plates. Only on the 4th time did they come clean and say "because when one of you runs we have your info".

I'm sure the evidence would hold up strongly in court when the LEO states that a Blue and White GSXR ran from him and here is a video of a blue and white GSXR's plate so it must be this guy cause Suzuki only made on blue and white GSXR. It's a BS strong arm tactic and they should be ashamed of it. How 'bout instead of wasting money taking videos of motorcycles you go out and patrol or do something other than create more friction between citizens and police.
    they dont have to give a reason for doing their job. digital cameras/ camcorders are tools of their trade & dept. issued. all photos/ videos are taken, stored onto a hardrive & erased from the cam. recyclable resource so i dont see how that's wasting money. oh wait, let me guess...they're wasting your money so they should tell u why they are video taping right? typical "i pay your salary" BS so go earn your pay patrolling somewhere else. how about instead of wasting their time asking them stupid questions why not let them do their job?

Example..

You have a red r1
    Your bike is video tapped at bike night..
    Another person runs from the police with a similar bike to yours
    They don't get a plate
    They review the tape from earlier in the day looking for a red r1
    you = suspect
    Where were you at said time
    Out riding...
    hmm prove it......how?

Seems like a risk to me..

Last edited by cdseven95; 08-12-09 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    Steve and Heather said that the trooper was going to show them the video that they had. Well, the troopers must not have anything to hide if they are willing to show the video.
    I'm sure that by now it's been plenty edited.

hahaha I think your giving the troopers way too much credit. You think they have the skills to edit video.

Anyone who's driven enough will acheive the results they desire one way or another.

I respect what officers generally have to deal with on a daily basis and while I'm not a huge fan of the police I wouldn't openly insult their intelligence, especially since there are at least 7 or 8 that post here fairly regularly. Just a heads up.

It was more of a joke, but I appreciate the heads up!!

Sorry, didn't mean to get all serious on you there. I'm gearing up for some work-related e-mails.

I Love giggle drops..!! BluGixxer's Avatar

I am not familiar with your bike night , but I have been to some bike gatherings around Albany , And this whole thing with the video camera with state police must be a comon practice..
    A Gathering for a ride was listed on the web . meet at mall . aprox 150- 200 bikes showed , local police and state police where waiting and watching, a mini van with 2 detectives and cameras at least 2 other plain vehicles went on the ride .Along with the bird in the sky , yes they brought the helo.. we stopped 2 times, both with state police blocking a single entrance of a large hess station, when we left the gas station , we had to sqeeze between the cars . reminder lost some bikes by intimadation by this piont but there where still over 100 bikes..
    last stop was at a private lot near an icecream shop , bikes pored in .
    cops lined the entrance with lights on . and even the unmarked plain cars showed... they pulled out the cameras and started. yes they used pens and flashlites to move peoples belongings if they wanted to get a better look at someones bike, not only their plates. I watched one of them go through my back pack, I have no idea what he was looking for, but took out my rainsuit and laid it on the bike and then got the camera..
    then anouther came along with pen and paper and was writing tag #'s,,
    no one got any tickets.
    no I did nt say or do anything , their intimidation worked i felt uncomfortable and left . why the f*@$ would he go through my bag..

But if they are going to show vidieo from your bike night, I am sure anything incrimidating has been deleted..
    If there are some state troopers on this site , why don't you chime in and TRUTHFULLY explain the reason for all this .. Please..

Beat It Like A Rented Mule !!
    Legend in my own mind

Posting Freak

I was going to let this go.... I've spoken to no less than 2 Police Officers, 3 Lawyers, and some older "bikers" who are involved with other clubs around the area.

1) that video would never hold up in court if you "ran"
    2) A lawyer would absolutely tear that case apart if said video was admitted as evidence
    3) IF a bike from bike night WAS stolen after the fact... the MSP already has a VERY detailed picture of the bike/mods/plate/distinctive markings. NOW, if that was their true intentions, then all of our bikes are a little bit safer right now. I just wish they had told me so I could have posed w/ mine and made it easier....

Oh, by the way, bike thefts are up on the whole east coast of MA....

Nick

OH, and 1 officer who was there but will remain anonymous said he would be more worried about some of the a$$hats running around with cameras who could be casing out easy bikes to grab at a later date....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast