Kudo's to Steve

Kudo's to Steve

So as some of you know my Duc let me down on Bike night. With all the collective minds we were not able to get the bike going. It was suggested that I look for Steve and see what he could do. So I sought him out told him the issue I was having with my bike. Steve without missing a beat said that he had a storage unit near by and I could wheel the bike over there and store it overnight, until I was able to pick it up whenever. Had this not been an option I would have been looking at maybe $150 tow charge back to Londonderry. So I would like to extend my thanks to everyone in NESR for being so helpful, and to Steve for running a top notch operation.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by TomGun; 09-03-09 at 02:19 PM.
    2001 Yellow Ducati ST4 916

Re: Kudo's to Steve

always glad to hear a fellow NESR member help out when needed.

So what's wrong with the bike?

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Quote Originally Posted by DBKromz View Post
    always glad to hear a fellow NESR member help out when needed.

So what's wrong with the bike?
    Not really sure. I'm going to start with the usual suspects ...Spark, Fuel, Fuses etc tonight. I'm trying to avoid taking it to the dealership.

Hawk Is Respectable Now WordTooYoMamma's Avatar
    Wirelessly posted (Tilt: HTC-8900/1.2 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) UP.Link/6.3.1.20.06.3.1.20.0)

Hey by the way I figured out why your Connector fried itself when we tried to jump it. The lead that comes from ur battery that plugs into your tender is actualy the same thing as the connecter with clamps that you plugged into your bikes lead. The clamps you plugged in are ment to be plugged into the tender. So we were indeed reversing the the charge. I don't think that end is rated for that ammount of current/amp/whatever.(obviously the melting coords indicated that). It wasn't faulty, the only thing meant to be plugged into the lead coming from your battery is the tender.

Quote Originally Posted by WordTooYoMamma View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Tilt: HTC-8900/1.2 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) UP.Link/6.3.1.20.06.3.1.20.0)

Hey by the way I figured out why your Connector fried itself when we tried to jump it. The lead that comes from ur battery that plugs into your tender is actualy the same thing as the connecter with clamps that you plugged into your bikes lead. The clamps you plugged in are ment to be plugged into the tender. So we were indeed reversing the the charge. I don't think that end is rated for that ammount of current/amp/whatever.(obviously the melting coords indicated that). It wasn't faulty, the only thing meant to be plugged into the lead coming from your battery is the tender.
    I thought of that too...

Better a Racer for a moment then a spectator your whole life!

Posted by Jane in BoxChat
    Jaynnus - I can't regret what I don't remember

Originally Posted by gmdboston
    Guys, its Maine. The waitresses have more tits, than teeth......

Tom...glad that worked out for you! I was still willing to drag you home as my biatch after Chinese! Not sure whether it was being my biatch or eating Chineses that was the show stopper!

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheppo

I thought of that too...
    O, well i wasn't paying attention. Well hopefully your battery wasn't damaged. Also hopefully you get her up and running.

O, well i wasn't paying attention. Well hopefully your battery wasn't damaged. Also hopefully you get her up and running.

His? What about mine? Seems ok...

Glad it all worked out for you Tom!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenn157

His? What about mine? Seems ok...

Glad it all worked out for you Tom!
    suzuki batteries are immune to this ducati nonesense, you should know that

suzuki batteries are immune to this ducati nonesense, you should know that

Just in case anyone is interested, I'm fairly certain its fuel related. I put a little gas in each throttle body, and she fired right up. Fuel Injector(s) don't seem to be spraying to well. Probably clogged fuel filter, or weak fuel pump. So I'm changing the filter first, and going from there.

Last edited by TomGun; 09-03-09 at 07:19 PM.

Reversing polarity on a jump start often damages automotive computers.

Hopefully the original issue wasn't a dead battery and due to the backwards jump, now you have a dead computer. If the injectors arn't firing it is a possibility.

06 RC46

Quote Originally Posted by Stiggy View Post
    Reversing polarity on a jump start often damages automotive computers.

Hopefully the original issue wasn't a dead battery and due to the backwards jump, now you have a dead computer. If the injectors arn't firing it is a possibility.
    Injectors are firing, just ever so slightly. The bike quit on me before I got through the parking gate. Which leads me to believe I've got crap in the fuel filter, or the injectors are clogged. I'm thinking positive thoughts! and a cheap fix.

Quote Originally Posted by TomGun View Post
    Injectors are firing, just ever so slightly. The bike quit on me before I got through the parking gate. Which leads me to believe I've got crap in the fuel filter, or the injectors are clogged. I'm thinking positive thoughts! and a cheap fix.
    crossing fingers! It's a Ducati right? shhh.. Do you think he knows the pope has to bless it first?

Tom - I'm glad I was able to help you out the other night with keeping the bike for you. That's what Motorcyclenight's all about - all of us bikers have to stick together.
    Hope everything works out and you're able to get it fixed relatively cheap and easy.

Steve and Heather
    Motorcyclenight.com

The Duc is alive. The fuel line from the fuel filter to the fuel pump disconnected inside the tank. So I went for a parts run today to Seacoast, and the the tech guy said that might be the cause. And behold he was right. Apparently with the crappy gas today its a very common thing to happen. So while I had it all apart today, I changed the fuel filter and gasket. She purrs like a Duc should. 20 mile test ride tonight and its all good. $35.00 Fuel Filter + $15.00 Gasket. Smile on my face when she started (Priceless) Case closed!

Last edited by TomGun; 09-04-09 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomGun View Post
    The Duc is alive. The fuel line from the fuel filter to the fuel pump disconnected inside the tank. So I went for a parts run today to Seacoast, and the the tech guy said that might be the cause. And behold he was right. Apparently with the crappy gas today its a very common thing to happen. So while I had it all apart today, I changed the fuel filter and gasket. She purrs like a Duc should. 20 mile test ride tonight and its all good. Case closed!

Great news Tom!