Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any NHers going to Motorcycle Night 7/5?

I usually have hockey on Tuesday nights, but not next week. Gonna try to make it down to Lowell on 7/5. Anyone else want to check it out? Path? Buddhaman? Anyone else I've never talked to in PM?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

if i can get the night off i want to go and take my new girlfriend. i have to wait and see. i'd have to figure out the best way to get there from the peterborough area too.

I'll go. I misses this week cause of sh.. weather. Next week looks better. I leave in Manchvegas, west side, so it's relatively close to Goffstown. I got R1 04 blue.
    Email me zibby@-nospam-az-electronics.com
    (remove -nospam- )

Joey, I wanted to head down last week, but with everything going to shit around me lately I haven't done anything. I really would like to get out and away so anytime you want to ride let me know. My schedule sucks for the most part being in retail, but I always have tuesdays off...that is until I am transferred to keene. I really would like to just get away and meet some new people so I'm open game. I don't know my way around down there, so as long as you have the slightest idea I'll follow you
    Oh yeah, check your pm's too...cause I have limited internet access now that all of my belongings are in a storage unit...including the comp. Later

Path

OK, looks like we should be able to get a couple people...

Let's plan on meeting at 5pm at Brown Ave House of Pizza in Manchester. It's on Brown Ave (no shit?) on the right hand side, before the Airport. I figure we can take 3A all the way down into Lowell...I've never gone that way into Lowell and I've never been to Motorcycle Night, but so long as google maps isn't way off, we should be ok. Besides, the highway sucks.

Any objections to that? Anyone definitely gonna meet up? I'll try to get there early, on a black YZF600.

Just in case you don't know where Brown Ave House of Pizza is...

Brown Ave House of Pizza & Pub
    (603) 623-2900
    2626 Brown Ave
    Manchester, NH 03103

that works for me.

i plan on going, the 5:00 might be tough to make. any chance of leaving a little later? i'm coming from keene and won't be on the road until atleast 4:30.

I'm leaving from nashua sometime after work 6:00ish

--HBerry

LRRS# 285 - Retired
    04 ZX-6R
    88 EX500 - Broke

Originally posted by blackvfr
    i plan on going, the 5:00 might be tough to make. any chance of leaving a little later? i'm coming from keene and won't be on the road until atleast 4:30.
    Sure, we'll wait for you. See you tonight.

Just a little update...we're still gonna meet at Brown Ave Pizza, but it looks like 5:30 or so will be better for most...that way blackvfr can make it in from Keene, my wife gets out of work at 5 and she might go, and Path148's boss can't make it until 5:30. So if you show up early at 5, just stick around. It's looking like three or four bikes so far.

NICE! See you guys then.

Should point out that the pizza joint is in a little 'strip mall' sorta thing...

Also - I'm guessing the ride from Keene'll take a bit more than an hour at that time of day. Give him a bit more time...

Wish I could make it down with ya'll...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

looks like i maybe able to leave before 4:30 so depending on traffic i shouldn't be to late. now if i was riding solo i'd be there alot quicker

Cool night!

It was good to meet Path148, his buddy Rob, Mike (blackvfr) and his girlfriend Laur(ie/a), hberry (though I have no idea what your real name is), and Half Squid. Bike night is pretty cool...think Laconia, except sportbikes outnumber the cruisers 5 to 1. The only thing I would change is to add a couple carnival-style food vendors. Johnny Expiredbuns and his Hot Dog Heroes across the street didn't really cut it. I know to eat first next time, but I would have killed for a dog bowl of fries.

Hope your ride home was uneventful Mike. Ours was fine, minus the moth that flew up into my face shield on 113. RIP buddy.

Hope I didn't do anything too stupid up in the front, that was my first time leading anything on my bike. Let me know if the speeds were too slow/fast or if you ever said "what the fuck is he doing". OK, besides the yellow/red light. I want to know these things so I can learn from them.

Anyone up for next week?

It was nice meeting you guys and putting faces to names. I had a good time, definitely worth the trip. I'm game to go again next week, perhaps we'll have some other's join us?
    I'm glad I went the ice cream route...if the bread was that bad. Haha. Mike Hopefully your ride went well on the way home. I know how it feels on that trip doubled up. One of the few rides me and my ex took was out to Keene from Concord and man it was not fun...and I heard about it afterward. Not that it's a really long trip, just more than I/ we were used to.
    You did fine up front man, the pace was good. No complaints from me. Don't worry about it and the light thing...well we could have probably stopped without causing a catastrophe, but we all made it in one piece. No big deal don't beat yourself up over it.
    Like I said, I'm up for next week too. Just let me know. I'll be around.

Path

Glad to see all of you guys tonight. We didn't get to meet too many of the newbies to Motorcyclenight, but we know you were there and that's what matters for now.

As for the food, well, we usually hear great things about what Heritage has to offer. Sorry to hear that your experience wasn't so good. I guess there is always some bad with the good, right?

However, if you are looking for a pre-motorcyclenight destination for food, make sure you stop at the Hooters in Nashua (Exit 1 off Rte 3). They are a sponsors of ours and they'll give you a discount if you mention Motorcyclenight and show your bike key (or even better, if you wear a Motorcyclenight t-shirt there!).
    All the managers know about the discount if the waitress doesn't.

Just a thought.

Hope you all had a great time and can make it again next week!

Steve and Heather
    Motorcyclenight.com

it was a good night, glad to meet some new people. joe you did fine. leading a group of people you don't know is never easy. the pace was fine considering we didn't really know where we were going.

the ride home was uumm interesting... dark shield, new roads, rain. we got home in one piece and thats all that matters. the next time i have a tuesday off count me in.

Originally posted by motorcyclenight

As for the food, well, we usually hear great things about what Heritage has to offer. Sorry to hear that your experience wasn't so good. I guess there is always some bad with the good, right?
    Actually I don't think it was heritage...it was that hot dog cart in their parking lot. I went to the outside windows at Heritage and all I saw was ice cream, and now come to think of it, I bet they served real food inside. Oh well, I'm an idiot.

HBerrys real name is mike

If you reffering to me when you say you hope I had a good ride home, my ride home was excellent except when I was going a little squidly fast, hit a huge bump and the woman almost flew off the back

Looks like we got some good numbers this week!

See some of you there next week

--HBerry

LRRS# 285 - Retired
    04 ZX-6R
    88 EX500 - Broke

Originally posted by HBerry
    HBerrys real name is mike

If you reffering to me when you say you hope I had a good ride home, my ride home was excellent except when I was going a little squidly fast, hit a huge bump and the woman almost flew off the back

Looks like we got some good numbers this week!

See some of you there next week
    Now I realize there were three Mikes there at one point last night...I was referring initially to blackvfr, since he had a longass trip back to Keene. I wasn't too worried about your 10 minute ride home, haha, but glad to see the woman hung on.

I think I'm gonna skip hockey next week and try to make it down again, weather permitting...

Originally posted by Proulx06

I think I'm gonna skip hockey next week and try to make it down again, weather permitting...
    My Hockey league is Tuesday nights also, I still make it to both the Bike night and my Games! Although my games are ussually around 9 PM or later. It's a tight schedule, but managable, plus being single has it's advantages, I dont have to be home for anything what so ever unless I want too...

See you guys next time! Nice meeting all of you!

Mike (I was here first so you guys have to be the other Mikes! )

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

I couldn't make it this week
    But will join you next week (will cross my fingers for good weather)
    Brown ave is fine for me. I can be there 5:30-40

Originally posted by Half Squid
    My Hockey league is Tuesday nights also, I still make it to both the Bike night and my Games! Although my games are ussually around 9 PM or later. It's a tight schedule, but managable, plus being single has it's advantages, I dont have to be home for anything what so ever unless I want too...

See you guys next time! Nice meeting all of you!

Mike (I was here first so you guys have to be the other Mikes! )
    Yeah I'd be able to hack this except that my game next week is at 8:10 in Hooksett. I'd have to be back in Goffstown by 7:30, which means leaving Bike Night by 7 at the latest. That kinda sucks. It's only summer hockey anyways...the winter league is more competitive, we're lucky if we have 8 skaters during the summer...

Originally posted by zibby
    I couldn't make it this week
    But will join you next week (will cross my fingers for good weather)
    Brown ave is fine for me. I can be there 5:30-40
    Cool, that seemed to work OK last night. The ride down wasn't terribly enjoyable, but our other option is the highway I think. Let's start another thread for next week...

highway is better option. I hate bumpy roads on R1.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast