Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Never Done A Track Day?

Never Done A Track Day?

Who here REALLY wanted to do a track day, but HASN'T yet, EVER? Why haven't you? And why do you want to?

Answer all three questions, please...

**If you've EVER attended a track day, there's no need for you to reply to this thread**

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Never Done A Track Day?

err... I think it's 2 questions.

Why haven't you done a track day?

Why do you want to?

Tony
    Trackdays in CT, NY, and NH
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Pirelli Track Tires - www.goMTAG.com

Never Done A Track Day?

I guess I'd fall into this category. I would absolutely LOVE to do a track day.

There is one main reason why I haven't, and that reason is financial. It's not that I don't have the money, it's just earmarked for other things, like saving up for our next house, and also food. The main expenses I'm worried about are the track day fees and a set of leathers. I figure that to be around $500, given that I'm an ebay junkie and should be able to find leathers around $300. Another reason, though still similar, is that I really don't want to dump my bike, and I wouldnt' want to take part in a track day with the thought of an insurance claim and steamed wife in the back of my head as I approach the bowl. Again, I can AFFORD it, I just don't want to put myself in a position to have to deal with it.

The reasons why I would want to do a track day...obviously, the chicks. Entry fee does include one's personal umbrella girl, no? It should, shit. I'd also like to be able to better control my bike in everyday situation, be comfortable with speed, and be able to feed the rush in a legal and safer setting. And I'd be lying if I didn't say bragging rights. How many people do you meet on a daily basis that can say they've hit 130 down the front stretch at a major road course? Those of you who hang out with each other put your hands down. And to someday put a knee down...holy hell, I'd frame the knee puck in a display case right next to Owen's 8x10.

So here's hoping you're giving out a free track day, a loaner EX500, and a set of kangaroos!

Never Done A Track Day?

**EDIT

I didn't sign up for any track days because I was scurred. I've ridden on the street for a little over a year, but there are many times where I get worried still on the street, and I feel as if I would be even more worried on the track, and taking 4 minutes to complete one lap. I also didn't want to total my bike, even though I have insurance on it so if something really did happen I could get it fixed, its still a pain in the ass. I also didn't have very good equipment, I only have textile pants, and I used work boots instead of motorcycle boots. My gloves are also fairly shitty.

Now I've gotten a track only bike for cheap, so I won't feel too too bad if it gets beat up at a track day. I also am buying a race suit sometime this week, and I got my SIDI boots from eBay yesterday. Now I need new gloves and I should be all set.

I have now signed up for Tony's at the end of this month, and I signed up for VIR in March. I am also contemplating signing up for VIR in November, but we will see how Tony's goes.

Last edited by HBerry; 08-04-05 at 07:38 AM.
    --HBerry

LRRS# 285 - Retired
    04 ZX-6R
    88 EX500 - Broke

Never Done A Track Day?

Originally posted by 35racer
    err... I think it's 2 questions.

Why haven't you done a track day?

Why do you want to?
    Technically, the first sentence is a question. "...Who here REALLY wanted to do a track day, but HASN'T yet, EVER?" See? I even put a question mark at the end of it...

Never Done A Track Day?

I wouldnt mind taking part in a tack day, although I suppose REALLY WANT TO isn't quite the way I would describe it. I want to feel more comfy in my corners and with speed, and I would like to get that way without oncoming traffic and shit I can't see around like in the real world. I also would like to do all this on a smaller bike (where'd my 250 go???) with full leathers and the promise that there is no way in hell I would hurt myself. If someone can strike me that deal, sign me up!!!

Executive Distributor - ItWorks! Global
    All-Natural Health, Wellness and Beauty www.kchristian.myitworks.com Supplements, Skin Care, Energy Drinks, and MORE!
    If you run into a wall with a helmet on, you still ran into a wall.

Never Done A Track Day?

that's a perfect bike.

if my wife can ride the 600rr... and she doesn't even ride on the street... you can do it

Tony
    Trackdays in CT, NY, and NH
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Pirelli Track Tires - www.goMTAG.com

guy on the vintage Yamaha Rice-rocket1's Avatar

Never Done A Track Day?

Originally posted by 35racer
    that's a perfect bike.

if my wife can ride the 600rr... and she doesn't even ride on the street... you can do it

My ride's

95 FZR 1000
    19xx DOUBLE "D"
    (sold) 02 CBR600 F4i (track bike)
    06 Chevy Supercharged Cobalt SS

Never Done A Track Day?

THREAD EDITED

Never Done A Track Day?

1. Me

2. I have been too busy to take time off during the week.

3. So I can be a better rider on the streets.

Oh yeah, like Proulx06 said, The hot chicks which are known to be hanging around motorcyle tracks during a track day hoping to score with some punk on a streetbike.

You suck at life. Why don't you quit?

My dad told me I could be anything I wanted when I grew up. So I became an Asshole.

Never Done A Track Day?

I really wanted to do a trackday, first it was lack of funds(not enough to buy a good track suit and a trackday), now it's more I don't have a fukking bike... Why would I want to...........hhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm to try and get my confidence back since the sv crash (gonna be 4 years tomorrow), of those that rode with me you noticed I tend to play sweeper, and fell back at times.

$$$

it's a financial thing for me, too.

the boots and full leathers will be next up.. whenever that happen. first track day will probably be next year.

Me? Sarchastic?? Nooooo!! FazerChic's Avatar

Never Done A Track Day?

For me...I don't have full leathers...I don't have any leathers actually. I also don't have boots. I'm such an incredibly awesome wife that I let the husband grab all the gear and do a track day. Sorry, even HE didn't have his own umbrella girl...I was the photographer...and even got on the track (I was a poser cornerworker...I think the guy working the corner liked me so he let me hang out with him all day).

Maybe next year.

My shit:

2004 Yamaha FZ6 (Naked....mmmmmmm) (FOR SALE!!!! CONTACT ME FOR INFO!)
    2004 Mini Cooper - Deal's Gap tested and approved

Guys on sportbikes are so hot....until they take their helmet off. Just leave the damn thing on already!

Beware the counterfeit Mini!

Never Done A Track Day?

Originally posted by SEVENSGT
    I really wanted to do a trackday, first it was lack of funds(not enough to buy a good track suit and a trackday), now it's more I don't have a fukking bike... Why would I want to...........hhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm to try and get my confidence back since the sv crash (gonna be 4 years tomorrow), of those that rode with me you noticed I tend to play sweeper, and fell back at times.
    Motomarket will rent you a brand new motogp suit for $60/day

If you do a Penguin track day, you can literally show up with nothing, and get fitted onto a ducati race bike, in full race gear, all for ~500 bucks. Not cheap but highly convenient.

Andrew
    03 Suzuki SV650

Never Done A Track Day?

I want to do a track day so bad it hurts! I never have simply because of time. I am very busy during the week and motorcycling is only one of several hobbies that fight for my free time and money (although motorcycling is the hobby I am most active in).

Unlike what most people will post for a reason to go to a track day, my primary reason for going to one is to be able to ride very fast without fear of being nabbed by the police. I didn't buy a sport bike to putt around like an old fart on all the fantastic roads in New England. While I realize that a track day is a valuable tool for improving riding skills, that reason is a distant second in my book.

On that note, my first track day will be at VIR in March!