Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2018 NYST Pig Roast

Short bus rider

2018 NYST Pig Roast

I'm exhausted!
    What a fantastic weekend except for ALL THE RED FLAGS.

Everyone who was there what's up bitches! It was awesome. Greatest people, so so riders hahah!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Banned

Re: 2018 NYST Pig Roast

Awesome time. Sunday was a red flag shitshow. "Monster" group got screwed every single session because the "experts" crashed in every single session.

Some of the people there were certainly not "awesome". Still had a great time though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

What a great weekend and a hell of a good time in all the after track day party activities. I was in intermediate NYST Saturday and we had a flag or two but nothing major. Bit of a cold day and I mounted up brand new Rosso Corsa II's that morning so I never really got the confidence to push it. Downtown Friday was a lot of fun, I fall in love with it by session 6 or 7 and then know I won't get to ride it for another couple months.

I spy that orange RS250 next to you guys that I was creeping on when I rode through the pits. Sexy bike.

'19 Husqvarna FS450 Race

Short bus rider

Quote Originally Posted by Zolden View Post
    What a great weekend and a hell of a good time in all the after track day party activities. I was in intermediate NYST Saturday and we had a flag or two but nothing major. Bit of a cold day and I mounted up brand new Rosso Corsa II's that morning so I never really got the confidence to push it. Downtown Friday was a lot of fun, I fall in love with it by session 6 or 7 and then know I won't get to ride it for another couple months.

I spy that orange RS250 next to you guys that I was creeping on when I rode through the pits. Sexy bike.
    That wasn’t my bike nor was I pitted there but I do know that bike was being a bitch until Sunday. Then she was sweet.
    Lots of two stroke race smoke from all those guys that were pitted over there.

Last edited by Teamdineen; 09-25-18 at 04:57 PM.

The RS250 ended up running beautifully. Just had an air pocket in the cooling system. We went through a full bleed routine and she ran nice and cool the rest of the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    /s/ Dustin
    LRRS #767
    '09 R6 / '11 848 Evo / '99 RS250

It's weird all the crashes were Sunday and in expert. Usually Saturday is the more full day at the pig roast. And it's usually intermediate that's fucking up the schedule all day.

Usually all the other festivities makes up for it, though.

14 Triumph Street Triple R, 18 TM 450SMX sumo, 15 Husky 250SXF tard, 14 KTM 250SXF and Cole's Grom
    LRRS/CCS #66
    Thank you to my sponsors: Sidi / AMSOIL / Klutch Industries

Short bus rider

Quote Originally Posted by sdog30 View Post
    It's weird all the crashes were Sunday and in expert. Usually Saturday is the more full day at the pig roast. And it's usually intermediate that's fucking up the schedule all day.

Usually all the other festivities makes up for it, though.
    Turn 4 Expert High Side Sunday.
    Me and my riding buddy decided to bump because the trains in Monster were getting crazy.We weren't trying to set any lap records or win the track day so we rode Monster group with a bunch of friends. We just were having fun till it wasn't. We stayed out of Expert because All I heard from the "Experts" was how every single one of them runs a 1:31. SO...

We sat gridded for 7 minutes , I know because I have a clock on my speedo. There was a delay because there was spotted Deer around wheelie hill. This was my first session with the Expert group. I was slotted as the sixth bike to get on track. The five bikes ahead of me went from zero to full on by the incline of the uphill of the straight. I was surprised because of the long delay. It was like a warm up lap race. Well guess what. Turn 4 full lean ,full throttle ,lead bike slid to full lock then flipped 10' in the air. Both bike and rider flew into bike #2 and 3,4,and 5 were within feet of each other. I was expecting mass carnage. The second bike a ZX10 was hit in the left crushing the front fender stay into the fork slide. It scared the Crome polish wrecking the fork. Crushed all the bodywork left side. He didn't go down amazingly nor did anyone else. I have some on video but it's hard to see the flip. I will post when I have some time.

No one was hurt. But that session was total trash.

BTW no one was even close to a 1:31. I'm not sure how those guy tell time.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamdineen View Post
    Turn 4 Expert High Side Sunday.
    Me and my riding buddy decided to bump because the trains in Monster were getting crazy.We weren't trying to set any lap records or win the track day so we rode Monster group with a bunch of friends. We just were having fun till it wasn't. We stayed out of Expert because All I heard from the "Experts" was how every single one of them runs a 1:31. SO...

We sat gridded for 7 minutes , I know because I have a clock on my speedo. There was a delay because there was spotted Deer around wheelie hill. This was my first session with the Expert group. I was slotted as the sixth bike to get on track. The five bikes ahead of me went from zero to full on by the incline of the uphill of the straight. I was surprised because of the long delay. It was like a warm up lap race. Well guess what. Turn 4 full lean ,full throttle ,lead bike slid to full lock then flipped 10' in the air. Both bike and rider flew into bike #2 and 3,4,and 5 were within feet of each other. I was expecting mass carnage. The second bike a ZX10 was hit in the left crushing the front fender stay into the fork slide. It scared the Crome polish wrecking the fork. Crushed all the bodywork left side. He didn't go down amazingly nor did anyone else. I have some on video but it's hard to see the flip. I will post when I have some time.

No one was hurt. But that session was total trash.

BTW no one was even close to a 1:31. I'm not sure how those guy tell time.
    The track record is 1:28 by someone supernatural. "Everyone" in expert running 1:31 is embellishing... Other expert group riders will you tell you there are plenty of folks riding mid 40's. They just want expert riders to be very comfortable with close passing, consistent and able to hold your line in situations that call for it.

'19 Husqvarna FS450 Race

Banned

Not surprised at all by that description of the "expert" group. I'll leave it at that.

Biggest headshaker of the day was the guy who bought an F150 then gave someone about $5gs to fuck it up by lowering it and putting cholo wheels that went about 12" outside the wheelarches on it. It looked like something Cheech Marin would drive. He couldn't get it through a gap in the pits I could have driven a school us through. Then just to put the nail in the coffin he let us know just how loud his ships air horn was....several times.

Lo and behold it was his buddy who crashed on the 1st lap of our final session to end our day. Oh, and I got passed by someone on the red flag because "you cant go that slow on the red flag, they might need to get the ambulance out". At that point I was glad the day was over.

I saw more people that ever going balls out on lap 1 than I ever have before. I'm someone who is content with 3 or 4 sessions a day, so it didnt really bother me that much, but I feel sorry for the guys I was with, one of whom was on his 1st track event. Sunday was the worst track experience I have ever had, including the one time I crashed at a trackday.

There is an atmosphere there that crashes are an acceptable part of the trackday experience and that should not be the case. The starter in the pit area repeatedly stating the rules isnt enough. I like Greg and I like his outlook and style and I love the track, but I think it's time for him to turn into a hardass next season and start cracking some heads together, because Sunday was definitely one of those days when the event was out of control.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Last edited by Degsy; 09-26-18 at 09:23 PM.

Saturday was not very bad at all in the standard intermediate group, considering the amount of people we only had one lost red flag session after a few laps. I had to pack up and head out before noon Sunday but that was sort of part of my plan since I figured I and the day might be a hungover mess.

I managed 12 days up at NYST this season and from what I can tell, usually the technicality of the track and rider error causes individual crashes. If the passing rules are followed there are rarely bike on bike incidents, but every day is different...

'19 Husqvarna FS450 Race

Short bus rider

Quote Originally Posted by Zolden View Post
    The track record is 1:28 by someone supernatural. "Everyone" in expert running 1:31 is embellishing... Other expert group riders will you tell you there are plenty of folks riding mid 40's. They just want expert riders to be very comfortable with close passing, consistent and able to hold your line in situations that call for it.
    This is meant to have sounded silly and not to be serious by those "Experts" . Maybe one or two have raced but none have a real racer's mentally. I am saying this as well n how to ride safe and be straight on line and in control. They were all BALLS OUT LOOK AT ME IM THE MAN. trying to be cool. Great fun off track but VERY DANGEROUS ON TRACK!

Sorry about your crash fest. I haven’t done a proper track day in years, is that normal for the fast group?

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube