Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Canaan Motor Club

Canaan Motor Club

Anytime I mention I've done a track day here people always seem to have alot of curiosity regarding the track. Max BMW has partnered with Fishtail to put on 2 separate days here, one in early April and the other yesterday so I thought I'd mount the gopro. Fair warning, the sound SUCKS. I'm not sure where the loose link in the chain is regarding the mount but I'm going to revamp it. Currently it's on a ram stem mount with gopro adapter.

The course is super tight and alot of fun. They ran it clockwise for the 1st half of the day and counter-clockwise the 2nd. It's a total mindfuck switching it up half way through the day but after a session it clicks. On the S1000RR I stayed in 2nd the entire time. Given the fact that there were only 2 groups and we did 20 minute back to back sessions the entire day, there was a ton of track time and rather than push it, I wanted to play around with alot of different lines. They also opted to use the small chicane which ended up being alot of fun.

*Disclaimer*
    I suck compared to most of you I'm sure so please don't judge my lines (too harshly you bastards). I happened to drag both knees for the first time that day, actually the same lap. Not sure if any of you were the same way, but I decided to forgo ultimate speed wanting to keep dragging them everywhere! The big back loop was perfect for it, and going counter clockwise I was able to consistently drag it through the entire turn. So, shitty noise from the gopro mount, poor lines, and knee dragging focused, but at least it will give you an idea of how fun the track is. Oh yeah, at the end of the counter-clockwise video I sound like the Swedish Chef talking to the guys (one on the right is actually Max and on the left is a fellow forum member who I'm sure will chime in!

Btw, Max BMW and the Fishtail guys are all just awesome... even when you start to think you're going fast and Robbie Nigl just toys with you making you realize you're as slow as a 1 legged dog on ambien.

Clockwise

Counter-Clockwise

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

its in my blood

Re: Canaan Motor Club

does this track have dirt like that all the time? that would worry me..

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by caloots View Post
    Guessing you're talking about the tire tracks near the small chicane? Yeha I have no clue whats up with that one, but that's not the norm. They actually did a great job with the pavement there, and say they want to keep it that way. I believe the dirt around the track and on the infield is seeded and will become grass this year.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caloots View Post
    Are you asking about the tire marks and slightly dusty surface near the edges of the track? I'm guessing that they were mid construction phase when that video was made and the dirt you mention was related to that. I would think that if the major dirt moving of their construction is done and there has been any decent rain that the track surface would be relatively clean.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by tls25rs View Post
    Are you asking about the tire marks and slightly dusty surface near the edges of the track? I'm guessing that they were mid construction phase when that video was made and the dirt you mention was related to that. I would think that if the major dirt moving of their construction is done and there has been any decent rain that the track surface would be relatively clean.
    The video was from April 29th, approx 2 weeks ago. From what I know, it will be ongoing evolution of the overall track. I saw that they were taking down more of the trees around the back tight turn, and will be adding infrastructure as they go. But I believe the actual track is completed for the foreseeable future.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!