Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

car days?

car days?

Hope this is the right forum -

I have a truck with some really good tires on it I'd like to get out to a track day before winter.

I've never gone the 4 wheels route for a trackday. I assume it's very similar to what we do with the bikes? Pay $, show up, tech, lap, bs, go home?

Anyone know providers, dates, websites - anything like that? I'm working with zero information on this one.

Oh yeah, we have so many options now with new tracks opening up. Where would you go?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Central Mass Powersports #123

1000rr, zx10r, rmz450, RE classic, r6, S4Rs, xr123, sv650(2), cr250 and a box truck that leaks power steering fluid.

Re: car days?

You want to do a track day in a truck????

And it is similar Pay $, show up, tech, lap, bs, go home.

BMWCCA, SCDA, and Northeast Track Days are good...

I wouldnt go to NHMS cause it sucks. Id try limerock or palmer

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    You want to do a track day in a truck????

And it is similar Pay $, show up, tech, lap, bs, go home.

BMWCCA, SCDA, and Northeast Track Days are good...

I wouldnt go to NHMS cause it sucks. Id try limerock or palmer

Thank you, Palmer with NTD looks perfect.

NTD - Palmer Motorsports Park October 18th 2016 info on Oct 18, 2016 '('638355')' | MotorsportReg.com

I have a x-runner on new toyo proxes taunting me in the garage.

1000rr, zx10r, rmz450, RE classic, r6, S4Rs, xr123, sv650(2), cr250 and a box truck that leaks power steering fluid.

Auto-x is a cheaper way to get into it, but I wouldn't imagine it to be super fun with the long wheel base of a truck. People in your group are going to look at you funny. Make sure to change your brake fluid before going out. I'm not sure what you have for brake lines on those either but if their not braided I have a feeling you'll be losing your brakes rather quickly with that thing. Be prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by imkindafkedup View Post
    Auto-x is a cheaper way to get into it, but I wouldn't imagine it to be super fun with the long wheel base of a truck. People in your group are going to look at you funny. Make sure to change your brake fluid before going out. I'm not sure what you have for brake lines on those either but if their not braided I have a feeling you'll be losing your brakes rather quickly with that thing. Be prepared.
    Appreciate the advice, not looking to beat the lap record.

No problem. Lap records aside, I just want you to have a fun day at it. Brakes heat up very quickly on the track, even when you don't think you're going all that fast. Losing brakes going into a corner won't be fun. Just by having fresh fluid can make a world of difference.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by imkindafkedup View Post
    Brakes heat up very quickly on the track, even when you don't think you're going all that fast. Losing brakes going into a corner won't be fun. Just by having fresh fluid can make a world of difference.
    Took my last F250 tow vehicle out at NHMS. Brakes made it two laps before serious fade set in. Ahhhhh, that smell

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    Took my last F250 tow vehicle out at NHMS. Brakes made it two laps before serious fade set in. Ahhhhh, that smell
    does bmwcca even allow trucks?

Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    does bmwcca even allow trucks?
    Typically not, but I made an exception for myself

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2012 Tiger 800 XC

I am taking my NA Miata to the SCDA track event at NHMS on the 5th (no roll bar, wish me luck) and I got two questions:

1. should I bring any gas? Do people just drive their cars to a local gas station or do they have gas for sale there? Will I even use a full tank?

2. how enforced are the sound levels? The website says 86db which seems kinda low. I have an aftermarket exhaust which quite frankly I don't think is THAT loud but it's quite a bit louder than stock.

Go with a full tank and you should be fine. There's long enough breaks between your sessions to go to the nearby station if necessary.

If you're questioning the DB level, out of respect for the organizers and the track, it would be best to bring a silencer for your exhaust just in case. It is cheap insurance to make sure you can run the whole day. I'm not sure what size your tip is but here is a link to example what I am talking about.

https://smile.amazon.com/Universal-S...haust+silencer

Quote Originally Posted by mickdaddy View Post
    I am taking my NA Miata to the SCDA track event at NHMS on the 5th (no roll bar, wish me luck) and I got two questions:

1. should I bring any gas? Do people just drive their cars to a local gas station or do they have gas for sale there? Will I even use a full tank?

2. how enforced are the sound levels? The website says 86db which seems kinda low. I have an aftermarket exhaust which quite frankly I don't think is THAT loud but it's quite a bit louder than stock.
    Buy gas at the Shell down the street. Don't buy it at the track. You probably won't need it in a Miata though

They usually don't bother with sound at NHMS unless you are over the top ridiculously loud. A straight pipe Miata would probably still be ok. SCDA is usually pretty laid back, but I haven't done an event since Ian passed.

Last edited by e30addict; 04-24-17 at 04:02 PM.
    2012 Tiger 800 XC

xxaarraa

NYST does cars mixed in with bikes (not at once obviously, though that would be hilarious) one of 4 groups every hour is cars. I'm doing one there in June.

Last edited by xxaarraa; 04-24-17 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cdovego View Post

I have a x-runner on new toyo proxes taunting me in the garage.
    Man I love the X runner! I had one new in 05, owned for two years - put 45k on it! I added some d rings in the back and with the bed rail setup it was a sick bike hauler, super low bed.

I traded mine when the new 5.7 Tundra came out - regretted that for quite a few years.

For a truck it handled great, it was nose heavy but those huge tires provided massive grip. I had a short shift in mine, aside from that it was all stock. The only gripe I had was the truck was much faster than the brakes. Mine was black.