Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

2018 Trackday: tracks and providers

2018 Trackday: tracks and providers

With the "plethora" of tracks in the NE region this year, might be helpful for those of us making a game plan to know which organizations run where.

I know at some point someone put together a calendar or spreadsheet showing who is running on what days at each track. Does that exist for 2018?

I can work on it, just need to get a list of orgs so I can check their schedule as it's out.

TTD has their schedule up

Fishtail has theirs up

Who else is there?

Who is running at Tamworth?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Re: 2018 Trackday: tracks and providers

It looks like TTD doesn't run at NHMS anymore? I was thinking of doing a couple days this year but was hoping to go with an organization and track I was familiar with. To put in perspective I think the last day I did was with BostonMoto...

Penguin is up and running at the new nh track. Tpm and absolute are running Pocono and nyst.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxer72 View Post
    It looks like TTD doesn't run at NHMS anymore? I was thinking of doing a couple days this year but was hoping to go with an organization and track I was familiar with. To put in perspective I think the last day I did was with BostonMoto...
    I completely understand the appeal of heading back to good ol' NHMS, but I would take a day at Palmer or NYST over NHMS any day. Especially if your bike has some legs to it.

A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

No one is running at Tamworth. As I understand it, they are simply car people and they want their members happy in year 1.

Paul_E_D

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    No one is running at Tamworth. As I understand it, they are simply car people and they want their members happy in year 1.
    Do they lock it securely at night?

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Have you seen my baseball GingahNinjah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    I was under the understanding that it was because of noise pollution or is that just the excuse that Tamworth used rather than just telling us that they wanna keep the car people happy?

https://www.facebook.com/LRRSBT1R #54 EX 2007 SV650 "Work hard. Play harder. Die broke and happy!" Boston Tier 1 Racing Pirelli Tires Woodcraft-CFM Armorbodies Penguin Racing School Vortex Shorai Batteries DP Brakes Riders Discount SIDI Leatt

xxaarraa

Quote Originally Posted by JettaJayGLS View Post
    I completely understand the appeal of heading back to good ol' NHMS, but I would take a day at Palmer or NYST over NHMS any day. Especially if your bike has some legs to it.
    + 1.

NHMS is a dreadful track. Just awful on so many respects. The only reason to go to NHMS is to learn race craft. If you are not racing, stay away like it's the plague.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by xxaarraa; 02-02-18 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xxaarraa View Post
    + 1.

NHMS is a dreadful track. Just awful on so many respects. The only reason to go to NHMS is to learn race craft. If you are not racing, stay away like it's the plague.
    I'll take you guys' word for it since I haven't ridden any track but NHMS. Aside from bumps and seams and some really sketch areas I have always had a blast there. I guess my bar is set pretty low, I'll have to see what the driving distances are to some of these other venues and pick something new...I'll be on a 600 so not worried about motard friendly straights or whatnot.

What's the Canaan NH date penguin is showing? I see they have it as TX which is basically a normal trackdays for their organization?

Lifer

Penguin does days.

Don't rule out Canaan. Great for the those of us running cheap bikes that don't have "legs". (Ie 'tards and SVs.)

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

Thompson isn't much better than NHMS. Same program; oval with a road course attached. It's even got its share of beat up pavement; less from age (except on the oval section) but rather from high HP cars bending the pavement. It's already got patches, just like NHMS.

Palmer or NYST are the destination tracks, IMO.
    Thompson and NHMS I'll hit if I can get a deal.

Although Palmer is a bad place to go off too.

For quality pavement; NYST, Palmer or Canaan.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by 01xj View Post
    What's the Canaan NH date penguin is showing? I see they have it as TX which is basically a normal trackdays for their organization?
    I ran the track-experience thing with Penguin at Canaan once year before last. Ran both my SV and my DRZ400 SM (and a few laps on a YZF 'tard). I had a ball.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

NESBC really does sound like fun..

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    NESBC really does sound like fun..
    Would this not be your gateway back to racing? Kind of like a gateway drug to the racing world again? We all race down here

Lifer

Who me? I held a race license last year.
    NESBC appeals because of the stupid low cost of entry, lesser equipment requirements and greater lack of commitment.

You are right though. I'm probably out for this year. Maybe try a single or pair of NETRA events.

xxaarraa

Thompson isn't much better than NHMS. Same program; oval with a road course attached. It's even got its share of beat up pavement;
    Yes, Thompson does have a bit of uneven pavement, but not even close to amount in NHMS. The high speed entrance corner coming off the oval back onto the road course (clockwise) has gotten really bumpy, but rest of the track is still smooth.

What thompson has that NHMS does not is a true high speed section. The last 3 corners that all lead up to the main straight are all high speed where bigger bikes can shine. Overall the track flows better.

Yes, I would agree with all of that. NYST is starting to show some wear, especially in Turn 4, and exit of Turn 10; turn 11 always had a slight bump even in Year 1. But by Loudon standards, you don't even notice any of these bumps.

Canaan is the best pavement of all, since it's newest. It's a great track for those that like blind corners (me being in that camp).

Last edited by xxaarraa; 02-02-18 at 03:40 PM.

Thompson isn't much better than NHMS. Same program; oval with a road course attached. It's even got its share of beat up pavement; less from age (except on the oval section) but rather from high HP cars bending the pavement. It's already got patches, just like NHMS.

Thompson and NHMS I'll hit if I can get a deal.

Although Palmer is a bad place to go off too.

I haven't rode Canaan, but I like Thompson better than NYST or Palmer. Personal preference.

Pavement at Palmer was getting pretty torn up in T6 going up the hill if you want to talk about pavement quality. That section effected my riding more than pavement at Thompson or Loudon ever have.

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

I ran the track-experience thing with Penguin at Canaan once year before last. Ran both my SV and my DRZ400 SM (and a few laps on a YZF 'tard). I had a ball.
    What's the canaan track like? I saw it on the penguin dates and I think I was confusing it with Tamworth (who doesn't run mc trackdays?). Is it worth the money and drive with NYST, palmer and Thompson all within reach?

I'm honestly just pumped to be able to hit the track again this year. Time off sucks.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Thompson is stop and go, Palmer and NYST more flowy and linked. I think I prefer NYST because I can push the hardest there. It certainly has a few danger zones and I'm not a fan of the jump/wheelie spot. Palmer gets the nod for layout and just plain fun. The runoff is the only thing that keeps it from the top of my list.

We basically have it so good that going back to NHMS is not necessary. Never thought I would say that, but there it is! I like riding at all these places though, including NHMS.

Paul_E_D

Quote Originally Posted by 01xj View Post
    What's the canaan track like? I saw it on the penguin dates and I think I was confusing it with Tamworth (who doesn't run mc trackdays?). Is it worth the money and drive with NYST, palmer and Thompson all within reach?
    Slower but more flowy, and the pavement is like riding on a billiard table. My tires ended up looking like new after a day playing there.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!