Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Is CE-rated armor getting smaller, or is that just marketing?

xxaarraa

Is CE-rated armor getting smaller, or is that just marketing?

I was at Revzilla last week putting together a new suit. I wanted to upsize the jacket just a bit so I will have room on the inside for my combo chest and back protector vest (last year's one piece suit was too tight up top and restricted movement with the inside vest on).

The "gear consultant" told me that newer armor is much smaller for the same level of protection. I believe Alpinestars markets it under their "nucleon" brand and Dianese markets it as their "Pro armor G2" series. They are CE-II rated, whatever truth there is to CE ratings.

Wondering if its all just marketing talk, or if armor really is getting smaller due to advancements in materials and/or construction?

Is CE-rated armor getting smaller, or is that just marketing?-lrm_export_20180210_084033-jpg

Is CE-rated armor getting smaller, or is that just marketing?-lrm_export_20180210_084146-jpg

Is CE-rated armor getting smaller, or is that just marketing?-lrm_export_20180210_084212-jpg

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by xxaarraa; 02-12-18 at 06:39 PM.

Re: Is CE-rated armor getting smaller, or is that just marketing?

Got around to riding track just around the time the Pro Armor stuff was dropping from Dainese, so I have the back protector. I forget it is even there. I was hesitant but there was a video behind it showing how the material constricts at high impact (and heats up) but is malleable otherwise and stands up to the hard shell armor protection which sold me. Also no more throwing it away after a crash. What a time to be alive.

Also nice jacket choice, I have a Racing D1 and love it for all four weeks of the year I can use it due to the humidity during riding season here.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    '19 Husqvarna FS450 Race