Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

COTA

COTA

I had a chance to run COTA with Ride Smart over the weekend. Man, it was friggin awesome. Worth every penny.
    I was on my new (to me) race prepped (stock motor) 08 CBR 600. First time I've ridden anything other than a motard in 6 years, I was expecting a learning curve, and fortunately, it wasn't too bad. Suspension was spot on, ergo's were nearly perfect, and the bike was set up sweet. I was riding like a little bitch, so my braking and corner exits were REALLY bad, but like I say, first time on the bike, Ill get it better next time.
    Some thoughts on the track:
    Turn 1, was hitting 145 indicated on the run up to the hill, you don't even notice the hill on the track, kinda weird. Turn 1 is a lot of fun though.
    Turn 2, wasn't nearly as fun as I thought it would be, keep that bitch pinned and tip in. The bowl at Loudon is actually a lot more fun.
    Turns 3-9, the esses, a lot of fun, the first couple are pretty easy turns, the last couple are a bit tighter and technical.
    Turn 10, my second favorite turn on the track. Turn is a bit of an overstatement, more of a kink, but going downhill, and stay on the gas.
    Turn 11, hairpin. Yeah, lets leave it there.
    Back straight, I was hitting 160 indicated, with a bit more to go, fastest I've ever been on a bike.
    Turn 12, another hairpin, but not as intimidating as 10 for some reason, I actually liked it and would've gotten a lot of passes if it were a race.
    Turn 13-15, my nemises, my worst corner since turn 3 at Loudon. Very technical, very easy to overshoot or undershoot, I could just not get a speed I liked through there. Started coming together at the end of the day, cant wait to attack these next time.
    Turn 16-18 (carousel) most fun corner Ive ever been on, and I hate right turns. Just pin that bitch and lean it, feels like your in the turn for 10 minutes, just so much fun.
    Turn 19. Similar to turn 9 at Loudon, it looks a lot slower than it is. Once my instructor told us to not brake and just drive through it, made a lot more sense.
    Turn 20, Probably my second most intimidating turn on the track. Maybe its the grandstands, but just a tough turn.

Anyway, awesome day, worth the money, I will be doing both days next time they go in September. Definitely worth a trip once in your life.

Couple vids of random laps

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

Re: COTA

Sounds awesome. I was in Austin last week on biz so no time to even see the track. At least I heard some music on 6th. Maybe next time I can at least time biz with the motogp.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2013 ZX6R-636